Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/

After chilling with Yayow and Greydread, I recall him shopping for hotels and remember him saying that this place was high on the list, before he ended up at the fancy Trump towers of Boca Chica.

After I got fed up with the conditions of El Caucho and how I was treated and had issues with missing/stolen money I checked it out.

I would not say it is a dramatic improvement over El caucho, but IMO

Pros
    • You cannot beat the location. The beach is right next door The Duarte is right there. The supermarket, ATM's Western Union, Beach claro, anything you need is right there within a 80 yard radius. If you are familiar with Sosua, imagine if ROckys or NG was directly on PedroC around where the Winners circle was, and the beach was right behind it.
    • Has running water and in fact had no issues with hot water or flushing toilets at all.
    • The safes are the pin number type you can program.
    • Some of the staff speak english, and compared to Chantel over at El Caucho, it will come in handy if you have an issue.
    • They have 4 floors, but it has an elevator, and it might be the smallest elevator I have ever seen, and it might be powered by 3-4 domincans pulling a rope.

Cons
    • If you like it super quiet, you might have issues at this place I didn't have an issue with noise but when Duarte is rocking you will hear the music faintly.
    • I actually technically stayed there on 2 occasions in one trip. I checked out and when my flight was canceled, I stayed there again another night in another room. Both rooms did not have a blanket. I did not have issues with temperature or anything, but only had sheet covers. I fuck onto of the blankets and sleep underneath, just thought that was wierd.
    • I got WIFI on the second floor on the beach side with no problem, but on the second floor close to the duarte side, it came in only half my rooms. I suspect you might have issues on the higher floors.
    Last edited by Señor JDR of Medellin; 10-19-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: add website

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Apartahotel Madejra

Forgot to add info and will add pictures later

Madejra Apartahotel

Cl Abraham Nunez No 1
    Boca Chica, Rep. Dom.
    Codigo Postal: 10501

(001-809) 523-4434

HotelMadejra@Hotmail.com

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

There are actually some real nice options for hotels in Boca, some new ones, the problem is that the new ones put you away from the action, the hotels closer to the strip are older and in many cases in some form of disrepair. So unfortunately if someone wants proximity to the strip and beach they often lose out in the type of accomodations that many have gotten used to. The place where Greydread stays at is close to everything but by Boca standards is expensive, $150/night for two bedrooms but all the amenities. I guess if you got someone who is a good wing can be considered reasonable at $75/night each.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    There are actually some real nice options for hotels in Boca, some new ones, the problem is that the new ones put you away from the action, the hotels closer to the strip are older and in many cases in some form of disrepair. So unfortunately if someone wants proximity to the strip and beach they often lose out in the type of accomodations that many have gotten used to. The place where Greydread stays at is close to everything but by Boca standards is expensive, $150/night for two bedrooms but all the amenities. I guess if you got someone who is a good wing can be considered reasonable at $75/night each.
    That place is a bargain at $75 per person!!!!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Forgot to add info and will add pictures later

Madejra Apartahotel

Cl Abraham Nunez No 1
    Boca Chica, Rep. Dom.
    Codigo Postal: 10501

(001-809) 523-4434

HotelMadejra@Hotmail.com
    How much is this place per night??? I saw yayow mention 150 a night for 2 beds buti I don't think he was talking about this place just hotels in general for the boca chica area.

I need to find a hotel for tomorrow and after reading some stuff here I might need to keep looking a little more.

I'm big on the wifi in my room and ac and if possible something close to the strip. There was one hotel that yayow said is across from a 24 hr casa but I remember dr always being so hot I need an ac option or very good cieling fans.

Thanks for sharing this information.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    How much is this place per night??? I saw yayow mention 150 a night for 2 beds buti I don't think he was talking about this place just hotels in general for the boca chica area.

I need to find a hotel for tomorrow and after reading some stuff here I might need to keep looking a little more.

I'm big on the wifi in my room and ac and if possible something close to the strip. There was one hotel that yayow said is across from a 24 hr casa but I remember dr always being so hot I need an ac option or very good cieling fans.

Thanks for sharing this information.
    I think $40 per night the casas are a 5 min walk away

I assume the other place was villa Florencia which is where grey dread and crew stayed

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I think $40 per night the casas are a 5 min walk away

I assume the other place was villa Florencia which is where grey dread and crew stayed

Yes the other place is villa Florencia, which is high priced by Boca Chica standards, but is the lap of luxury, in Boca and most places, a good deal for the price if you have a good wingman, alone I wouldn't do it. Madjera is good value, at $40 a night basically right at the beach, and a block from the strip, many other options in BC in the $35 -$55 per night range. I recommend finding a place pay for a night, and then look around and see if you want to go somewhere else for a night or however long your stay is for.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks boris and yayow.

I will reach out today. I'm only there this weekend but still would like a comfortable place. I don't need the lap of luxury but there are a few things id like. I will do what yayow said and book a night and look around a little.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

DD, give me a call when you reach, the number is the same, if you don't still have it pm me, and I will give it to you again. One thing I don't answer calls that are blocked or it says unknown caller, so if your number or name doesn't come up, I won't answer, I like to know who is calling and be able to call back if I want.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    DD, give me a call when you reach, the number is the same, if you don't still have it pm me, and I will give it to you again. One thing I don't answer calls that are blocked or it says unknown caller, so if your number or name doesn't come up, I won't answer, I like to know who is calling and be able to call back if I want.
    I tried to do that as well, but it just plain ain't practical, especially in my case, since I work here. I finally ended up getting a second phone.

One I give out to people I trust, and the other to folks I may or may not want to talk to. (You've got them both.)

The "trust" phone, I always try to answer, blocked number or not. The other is a crap shoot for the caller.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yayow pm it to me now I will add it to my book. I lost my phone in philippines so I lost my contacts unless they come up on my orange sim.

I know what you mean abut the names poppin up. Part of why I got the phone I had, easy to load contacts, but I think I got a backup plan. Ill call you when I land there.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I tried to do that as well, but it just plain ain't practical, especially in my case, since I work here. I finally ended up getting a second phone.

One I give out to people I trust, and the other to folks I may or may not want to talk to. (You've got them both.)

The "trust" phone, I always try to answer, blocked number or not. The other is a crap shoot for the caller.

No I don't I just checked, must have erased it at some time, when going through my phone, been a while since I've seen you, so when you reach call, then I will have it again.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

I'm going to arrive around 2:00 tomorrow and head straight for Europa if nothing avail go across the street.
    hell it's only 2 nights I don't need a Hilton
    Yayow my bus leaves at 9:00am so I will call you just to touch base at when I hit the SD metro station around 1:00pm tomorrow
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I realized I never posted the pics I said I would, and I think I never actually finished my last report

Dominicans like to put toilets on the wall on windows on the floor

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you Rosetta Stone and Pimselur

Cama sin Puta

Cama con puta

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If you ever stayed at the new Garden, I would compare this place with the shittiest room at the NG on the old side, but even closer to the strip and beach. No breakfast included, but plenty of places around within walking distance, and the beach next to the hotel, so technically it would be ocean front, although you should avoid that area, since that is the anus of Boca Chica as far as hustlers, vendors and beggers, and is the worst area of the beach, not that there is any good areas these mofos are everywhere, this is just the worst part IMO. I would recommend going further down the beach area and always ask if there is a charge for the table.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information