Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: 06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    The good folks still outnumber the bad folks by a sizable margin, but then again, how many bad people does it take to ruin your vacation?
    It only takes one Captain sav a hoe to do that

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Apartahotel Madejra

Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    the cover ups are goood no one hears about those things. just be careful jimmy. dont let the boogie man creep up on ya. this last post is tounge in cheek joking but in all seriousness dr is a corrupt and dangerous place. some places are not for us after dark.
    I been traveling for over 20 years.

There are reasons bad things happen such as walking around drunk or looking for drugs will get you there in the fast lane.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thats not boca chica..thats dr in general. ive had an incident outside of boca chica with another bm and we were told by the police themselves we were lucky they found us and not the "bad cops" or ladrones, they told us we could have easily been dead.

my uncle just got robbed for his truck on sunday and escaped an attempted murder...hes still recovering according to my mom as per our conversation just this morning.

my recommendation was stay near the things you need to be close to. you advise someone staying far off the strip where they will be working? all im saying. dont pretend like dominicans are good people, there are a lot of fucked up people on that island and a lot of them are hungry. hungry enough to where your tourist life doesnt mean shit. sorry maybe im just a little jaded today. damn flu and thinking about dominicans just doesnt make me feel goood tonight. but theres always tomorrow i guess.
    I was just looking at US stats issued by FBI yesterday. All those bad things that happen in DR happen in the US, more often.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Apartahotel Madejra

the cover ups are goood no one hears about those things. just be careful jimmy. dont let the boogie man creep up on ya. this last post is tounge in cheek joking but in all seriousness dr is a corrupt and dangerous place. some places are not for us after dark.
    There are some people that should never leave home and they assume all are like them. I met a few of these fools in my time. Guys walking around with $5,000 and their passport because they think the hotel staff can get into their safe, for example.

Yes, use whatever common sense there that you use at home, all the time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    I was just looking at US stats issued by FBI yesterday. All those bad things that happen in DR happen in the US, more often.
    i dont believe in statistics put together by the fbi

in america marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic and marinol is schedule 3.

i walk around my neighborhood at any time without any fears. in dr im scared of the fucking dark

are you comparing the united states of america with that little half an island they call DR? gotta love statistics.

im going to bed. sorry i even brought this up sir.

everyone should be careful in dr. thats a backwards ass country to say the least. any country as backwards and fucked up as DR is a place where you should be extra careful at all times. that was my main point.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i dont believe in statistics put together by the fbi

in america marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic and marinol is schedule 3.

i walk around my neighborhood at any time without any fears. in dr im scared of the fucking dark

are you comparing the united states of america with that little half an island they call DR? gotta love statistics.

im going to bed. sorry i even brought this up sir.

everyone should be careful in dr. thats a backwards ass country to say the least. any country as backwards and fucked up as DR is a place where you should be extra careful at all times. that was my main point.
    One thing a cop I know told me long ago. They can't hide murders. The murder rate is real whereas all those other stats are under reported.

At least in DR, if you are mugged, you can get someone to deliver fast justice.

You are right sort of, "ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GUARD UP"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

no different than the J island.....always watch your back.....the areas away from the tourist areas are even worse....
    tourist areas are considered safe by locals....go into the wrong section of a city there.....and you'll pay.....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    no different than the J island.....always watch your back.....the areas away from the tourist areas are even worse....
    tourist areas are considered safe by locals....go into the wrong section of a city there.....and you'll pay.....
    Yup, just like Geneva, Rome, Sydney, London....all those bass ackward podunk shitholes.

Same rules apply all over the world.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information