Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drowning at Caberente

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Re: Drowning at Caberente

Quote Originally Posted by kiddfrost View Post
    Is this why you dragged me and Aventura to the beach to look at the water... You was scared to get in? ... You can take on Daisy but you scared of Dominican water... You are too funny.
    dont get me wrong i can swim...but Ocean waves and current scare the hell out of me, always think im going to be washed away!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coas...thank-you.html

"I didn't get a chance to at the time, but I wanted to thank the people who tried to save my dad's life on Cabarete beach on February 25. Unfortunately he passed away as a result of the heart attack/drowning. Still, I appreciate the efforts made by the courageous people who brought him to shore and transported him to the local clinic. Many, many thanks."
    Last edited by MisterPink; 03-13-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    Let's get the job done!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks

swimming in the ocean isn't like being in a pool. if the current is strong and you're a little drunk, even if you're not drunk, you can easily be dragged out. what usually happens is people panic, start swallowing water and go under. be careful at the beach.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoochamenz1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Warning Re: Drowning at Caberente

Quote Originally Posted by scoochamenz1 View Post
    swimming in the ocean isn't like being in a pool. if the current is strong and you're a little drunk, even if you're not drunk, you can easily be dragged out. what usually happens is people panic, start swallowing water and go under. be careful at the beach.
    I actually did drown in Barbados while snorkling and got pulled out. I did not have fins on, like the prior 2 days. What happens, is yes you do panic, which starts the adrenalin running thru your body, which makes you actually tired from swimming so fast to get in. Then you get light headed and faint... not a good thing in 10 ft of water. When you get winded plaiyng soccer, basketball, running, whatever... you simply just stop and catch your breath. But in the water its a different story, yes you can float on your back, but not when the current starts pulling you further. Only reason I am still here, is because I had the strength to shake myself out of fainting, I now know whnat they mean by superhuman strength in times of fight or flight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pictures taken at the time of the Cabarete drowning are posted on page 5 of VB image host under my name. The first pic is when the beach crowd is alerted there is a problem in the water.

The second picture is of the rescuers carrying the victim out of the water.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to usatraveler57 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information