..yup, but only with her face in the pillow..."
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I've spent my entire life in self discovery mode and there's nothing that will tell you more about yourself than a funny-looking young Lady with a great body....when nobody's looking..
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    With a 3 hour layover

What's the point?
    One day when you miss your connection because stuck in the immigration line....I will tell you "Told u "

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    One day when you miss your connection because stuck in the immigration line....I will tell you "Told u "
    Yeah, I've been through the missed-connection game, too ... in Los Angeles, Dec 2016, just a couple of days before Christmas. The flight from Narita arrived late, I was handed an "Expedite" chit right out of the gate ... and I was stuck waiting for my scuba bag until after my connection had left! AA booked me on "the next available," a red-eye leaving 10 hours later, and I spent the time in the (crowded) Alaska Airlines lounge with a glass in my hand....
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hasn't happened yet in 44 years of flying commercial...

You're just mad because they picked your pocket for a hundred bucks

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Hasn't happened yet in 44 years of flying commercial...

You're just mad because they picked your pocket for a hundred bucks

You been lucky, while Hunter has that look about him.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    With American, United and Delta and any other participating airline, there is a place to put that information in with your profile and it's not your passport id that you would put in.

You have a PAASID number or known traveler number that you put in that identifies you as being in the program

Then it is all automatic after that. Prints the little TSA icon on the boarding ticket or shows up in your airline app boarding pass.

Most airports I been to your not even getting into the pre-check line without showing some one that you have it.
    Not true for Miami. I've been in the TSA line more than once where they routed regular folks with us TSA folks. They tell us to make sure we show our TSA PRECHECK printed on my ticket.
    They process the non TSA folks the same way as they do in the regular line. It gets a little aggravating to have to wait while 5-8 persons go through the regular routine.
    Having said that, there's no doubt about the benefit.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

I have never flown into a single US airport that Global entry wasn't faster than normal processing.

especially Miami. No way in hell your ever getting through quicker there

With global entry they will ask you very few questions and in about 40 trips since i have had global entry my bags have not been search a single time.
    Plus I like not having to answer hardly any questions about my travels

TSA pre-check is not always terribly fast since more and more people use it but it will almost always be faster than regular processing.

Plus you don't have to remove stuff from your bag or take your shoes off even if they make you go through the regular line.
    I agree 100 percent. It's worth it for Miami alone ( for us poor souls with no direct flights that are easy)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In basic training I showered with 35 other guys. How am I supposed to feel some kind of way about taking my shoes off at the airport?

Much ado about nothing...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Not true for Miami. I've been in the TSA line more than once where they routed regular folks with us TSA folks. They tell us to make sure we show our TSA PRECHECK printed on my ticket.
    They process the non TSA folks the same way as they do in the regular line. It gets a little aggravating to have to wait while 5-8 persons go through the regular routine.
    Having said that, there's no doubt about the benefit.
    Yes Miami is not real consistent especially at that security connection line. When they have workers standing right in front the doors that split you into the correct line going to the left it will be fast and efficient but I have been there many times when they just crowd everyone together. But you do at least get the benefits of pre check that the non pre-check customers don't get.

Last time I came through they had everyone going through one line and had the pre check line shut down because they brought in a dog to sniff every piece of carry on luggage.
    Funny cause there was one guy in line that was real nervous about walking past that dog for some reason

Miami processes through alot of passengers with many of them being connections and they do suffer from great inefficiency from time to time

I would much rather spend my time relaxing in a chair somewhere in the airport knowing that I have safely made my connection as opposed to a line but to each their own. Way more eye candy walking through out the airport than any congested line and MIA has some of the best looking women walking around.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

FYI - For you global entry guys....renewal sneaks up on you. I filled out the form a few weeks ago. Paid my 100 bucks....SWEET - Chase reserve refunds that. nice....one more perk for the chase reserve...my favorite card.

Anyway...my application is STILL pending. They say on site they are backed up because of shutdown..WTF....I did fill the form out wrong having a few wines in me and put countries in there I have been to since 2004 instead of 2014...ughh....might have to go for interview to explain that fuckup.....

So renew early....you can renew year out. I renewed 11 months out. One of these days I will hopefully get approved..

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

FYI - For you global entry guys....renewal sneaks up on you. I filled out the form a few weeks ago. Paid my 100 bucks....SWEET - Chase reserve refunds that. nice....one more perk for the chase reserve...my favorite card.

Anyway...my application is STILL pending. They say on site they are backed up because of shutdown..WTF....I did fill the form out wrong having a few wines in me and put countries in there I have been to since 2004 instead of 2014...ughh....might have to go for interview to explain that fuckup.....

So renew early....you can renew year out. I renewed 11 months out. One of these days I will hopefully get approved..

I re appilied n December, mine expired February, BUT THey give you an extra 6 months after expiration, at least for the canada side. Was renewed without interview in March. Yeah the shutdown, really screwed things up. BTW only $50 for canadians.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I did my renewal last year I had to back for another interview but was able to do it in Dallas on my way back from a trip.

You did it right in the normal immigration but the ran you through a separate line.

Took new fingerprints there and they actually processed everything right there and I got the email that it had been approved before I got home. The new card came in the mail a few days later.

easy peazy

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I did my renewal last year I had to back for another interview but was able to do it in Dallas on my way back from a trip.

You did it right in the normal immigration but the ran you through a separate line.

Took new fingerprints there and they actually processed everything right there and I got the email that it had been approved before I got home. The new card came in the mail a few days later.

easy peazy
    so you are on your second term with global entry....you beat me....nice...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes Miami is not real consistent especially at that security connection line. When they have workers standing right in front the doors that split you into the correct line going to the left it will be fast and efficient but I have been there many times when they just crowd everyone together. But you do at least get the benefits of pre check that the non pre-check customers don't get.

Last time I came through they had everyone going through one line and had the pre check line shut down because they brought in a dog to sniff every piece of carry on luggage.
    Funny cause there was one guy in line that was real nervous about walking past that dog for some reason

Miami processes through alot of passengers with many of them being connections and they do suffer from great inefficiency from time to time

I would much rather spend my time relaxing in a chair somewhere in the airport knowing that I have safely made my connection as opposed to a line but to each their own. Way more eye candy walking through out the airport than any congested line and MIA has some of the best looking women walking around.

So yesterday I was coming back into Miami.

Global entry was a breeze and was in an out in 2 minutes

The other kiosks weren't busy but the line after that was pretty big.

Anyway after I come out and head back through security I remember the other TSA precheck at checkpoint 2 but you have to go back into the regular check in area to get there which is not to easy as they had the doors to that area shut off so I ask the ever so "friendly" Latin lady standing there how I get to through there so I can get to that area.

She points to an area but it doesn't seem like it will take me to the right place because it takes me downstairs and I don't want to be down stairs so I politely ask her where that will take me as I want to end up in the check in area

Her response was "well why don't you take it and find out where it goes"

So I just shake my head and head towards the main check in which is not the most efficient TSA precheck there and the line as expected was huge so I ask the lady standing there how to get to the other TSA pre-check line and she says this is the only one.

I look at her puzzled and say oh the last time I was here the service attendant directed told me there was another TSA precheck at checkpoint 2 and she had me take the crew exit to get there. Are you saying there is no other TSA Pre-Check in the Airport?

Her response was "No this is the only one and your going to have to use this one and wait"

I know this fucking cunt is lying to my face but continue into the line.

And it is going no where. Plus from where I am at I know I am looking at 30-45 min wait even for precheck because they essentially route all passengers through the same line you just don't have to take off your shoes or remove stuff from your luggage.

I couldn't exactly remember the crew exit but saw some airline crew walking through so finally decided that waiting in this line was not the best choice so ducked under the ropes and decided to chance it.

It's not very well marked but you basically you follow it to the customer service area and duck right through some doors to the right and head through a back door hallway through another set of doors and boom I am right in the area i want to be.

It's a short walk to checkpoint 2 which also happens to be the entrance for the crew but low and behold there in fact is another entrance for tsa precheck people only.

Amazing how either these workers are so uninformed or they will flat out lie to your face.

A short 5 minute wait and I was through and on my way.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

I did mine last year as well.

I did it on line. Filled out the app, paid the fee, and a few days later got an email saying I was good to go.

Still a no brainer for me, and I barely travel.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yep.

I came through Newark once and it was miserable.

I decided I would never experience that crap ever again

I have no regrets and Global entry along with precheck is well worth it.

Even better for you when your credit card pays for it.

I know that without Global entry and Pre-check I would not have made my connection yesterday.

I know there are other options below Global entry that are free but nothing beats TSA pre check and the limited questioning you get with global entry

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I did mine last year as well.

I did it on line. Filled out the app, paid the fee, and a few days later got an email saying I was good to go.

Still a no brainer for me, and I barely travel.

Did you have to go to an interview your 2nd time around?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We are lucky here in tri state area and not have to go through miami to dr carribean.....direct is sweet....But does add hour to my drive..though last time through miami wasnt bad for me...got a free meal with my reserve card...its either wait in miami for 3-4 hours or add another hour drive for me....kinda same pain....you midwest guys are fucked either way

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We are lucky here in tri state area and not have to go through miami to dr carribean.....direct is sweet....But does add hour to my drive..though last time through miami wasnt bad for me...got a free meal with my reserve card...its either wait in miami for 3-4 hours or add another hour drive for me....kinda same pain....you midwest guys are fucked either way

For me it's either connect in Miami or Charlotte

problem is that Charlotte trip out of POP doesn't happen daily

I find I rarely have in issue when coming into MIA and than heading to the DR it's coming back that they are so terribly in-efficient

I do have to admit i am getting sick of flying back into Miami

Charlotte immigration is not to bad and neither is Dallas

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information