Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Global entry

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    Just got home from the 2 hr drive to the Orlando Airport interview and fingerprint....Guy said id get notified in a letter or can chk status online in about 5 days to see if approved..... Really didnt ask any questions, just checked passport, asked if everything was correct on application and took fingerprints, whole thing took 5 mins...4 hrs and 5 mins with round trip drive lol

That is slow, they approved me on the spot.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you just go to the DR and pass through MIA, it will save you for the free Mobile Passport. You basically download the app for free, then fill out the app. upon arrival in MIA, then follow the signs which follow the global entry lines. The last couple trips, it took me 2-2-1/2 hours to clear customs. With the mobile passport, it took about 20 minutes.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to huskerdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    The precheck is nice. If you a check a bag the customs part doesnt really save you any time because you have to wait for your bags anyway. I have never seen a huge line at JFK. I am sure it is better at airports like Miami....Cutting the line after you get the bag has saved me a little time sometimes. I think you are less inclined to get secondaried which is a big plus...I am still glad I got it for the 100 bucks.
    it saves me time bc i always get stopped and asked 10 questions 100 different times, but now i just go to the kiosk and scan my fingerprints.....get my print out and then off to baggage claim...once i get my bags, i have to check them back in before i go to the connecting flight gate....i save time bc there is a line just for GE there too which saves hella time....
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Word of Advice:

When you put your passport in the global entry machine and take the receipt....

REMEMBER to take your passport and not leave it in the machine

Dumb ass Hunter leaves his in the machine and gets out to take shuttle bus and says where is my passport...

duh - had to go to my airlines customer service girl who had a girl inside ask the passport guys if they found it.

YUP - thank god. Border passport agent comes out and gives it back to me. I told him rough vacation and he laughed.

I will get to my trip from hell - Morocco

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,254 Times in 11,766 Posts

Just got Global Entry - tomorrow's my first trip with it.

I applied for it 13 August, filled out the online form, ready for the background check.

Got my background-check-approved email Tuesday, 25 August. Scheduled my enrollment-center visit Thursday morning, at IAD ... the officer took my photo, took the scans, and told me it was active "today" and I'll get my ID card in "two to three weeks."

The card arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Just got Global Entry - tomorrow's my first trip with it.

I applied for it 13 August, filled out the online form, ready for the background check.

Got my background-check-approved email Tuesday, 25 August. Scheduled my enrollment-center visit Thursday morning, at IAD ... the officer took my photo, took the scans, and told me it was active "today" and I'll get my ID card in "two to three weeks."

The card arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon.

I flew out the next day as it was active but no card. I showed them the email and since it works with your passport I was able to use the kiosks. Only need the card for land bordering crossings.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Haven't had much time to get on the site since moving to the DR a year ago. Yeah, life is good!

Anyway, I renewed my passport in the DR several months ago and was wondering if my global would get transferred. Well the good news is that I went to visit my momz recently in Florida and used my new passport for the first time. I went through Miami so Global Entry definitely comes in handy. My Global was on my new passport which was cool because I have a new passport number. No glitches to report.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    Haven't had much time to get on the site since moving to the DR a year ago. Yeah, life is good!

Anyway, I renewed my passport in the DR several months ago and was wondering if my global would get transferred. Well the good news is that I went to visit my momz recently in Florida and used my new passport for the first time. I went through Miami so Global Entry definitely comes in handy. My Global was on my new passport which was cool because I have a new passport number. No glitches to report.
    Nice

You didn't even have to update your new passport number on the global entry website?
    They must be getting more efficient with things

When I renewed my passport about a year ago all I had to was login to the global entry website and provide my new passport number.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdude View Post
    If you just go to the DR and pass through MIA, it will save you for the free Mobile Passport. You basically download the app for free, then fill out the app. upon arrival in MIA, then follow the signs which follow the global entry lines. The last couple trips, it took me 2-2-1/2 hours to clear customs. With the mobile passport, it took about 20 minutes.
    MY last trip from MNL-HK-ORD on CX I used the mobile passport app and went thru a line in maybe two minutes. So that was good, but then I got picked for secondary inspection, was asked a few questions and had bags quickly looked at and sent on my way. So if you don't have the Global Entry the Mobile Passport works pretty good if you go thru ORD MIA and a few other airtopts that they use it

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rudy22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 1,113 Posts

Did anyone just catch Marco Rubio and Rand Paul talking about Global Entry during the debate?

damn wish they would keep that quiet.....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitie carson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Three years later with GE and Trusted Traveler , cant count how much time and headaches it has saved me between flights for work and abroad.....
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudy22 View Post
    MY last trip from MNL-HK-ORD on CX I used the mobile passport app and went thru a line in maybe two minutes. So that was good, but then I got picked for secondary inspection, was asked a few questions and had bags quickly looked at and sent on my way. So if you don't have the Global Entry the Mobile Passport works pretty good if you go thru ORD MIA and a few other airtopts that they use it

I downloaded the App while I was on the plane taxiing to the gate. I added my info, filled out the paperwork and submitted it. I got a bar code and rushed to the desk because I had a low battery.

I made it and I went to a line with maybe 4 people in front of me. Everyone else got in the snake line. The Stewardess told all of but everyone did not do it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I downloaded the App while I was on the plane taxiing to the gate. I added my info, filled out the paperwork and submitted it. I got a bar code and rushed to the desk because I had a low battery.

I made it and I went to a line with maybe 4 people in front of me. Everyone else got in the snake line. The Stewardess told all of but everyone did not do it.
    Was this in Miami that you encountered such a quick way through?

The last few times I have been through MIA the line to the kiosks for general entry has been so huge if you don't have at least 2 hours between connections you likely won't make your flight.

I just smile as I walk passed all of them to my global entry kiosk with virtually no line.

The best part about global entry in MIA at least is they don't even ask me any questions at all anymore.

However, last time when going back through security in the early evening they did not have TSA pre-check open though which slowed things down for sure.

I am still a global entry fan for sure. If you are able to be approved for it it is a no brainer.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Was this in Miami that you encountered such a quick way through?

The last few times I have been through MIA the line to the kiosks for general entry has been so huge if you don't have at least 2 hours between connections you likely won't make your flight.

I just smile as I walk passed all of them to my global entry kiosk with virtually no line.

The best part about global entry in MIA at least is they don't even ask me any questions at all anymore.

However, last time when going back through security in the early evening they did not have TSA pre-check open though which slowed things down for sure.

I am still a global entry fan for sure. If you are able to be approved for it it is a no brainer.
    It was Miami. We use the same line as the Global entry to get the passport stamped. The good thing about mobile passport is that you walk straight up to the short line without any stops after getting off of the plane in Miami.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,100 Times in 634 Posts

It was Miami. We use the same line as the Global entry to get the passport stamped. The good thing about mobile passport is that you walk straight up to the short line without any stops after getting off of the plane in Miami.
    Miami sounds like a shit show, would you recommend a traveler use FLL or MCO for connecting flights?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madvillian For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madvillian View Post
    Miami sounds like a shit show, would you recommend a traveler use FLL or MCO for connecting flights?

I don't think MCO would be an option cause I don't think there is anything direct between MCO and the DR

FLL most likely will have you flying Spirit.

Just get the Global entry and its not an issue at all cause you bypass all the long lines.

Sounds like the app might save some time as well if you don't want to go the Global entry route but unless you are not able to get Global entry it is a no brainer if you fly with any regularity as you also get TSA pre-check which is an even bigger time savings.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I doubt its the same line as Global entry cause they don't stamp your passport anymore.

You get a slip and totally bypass the rest of immigration all together.

Than after picking up luggage they route you through the same line that the crew goes through. You don't even show them your passport until you get to this point and they basically look at your picture and wave you through.

Looks like what you are going through is an expedited line in passport control.

So I would surmise it speeds up the process for you quite alot.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,254 Times in 11,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudy22 View Post
    For me, then, the question would be - would it make things any faster, used with Global Entry?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madvillian View Post
    Not sure why everyone's having issues in MIA (non-global entry). I went through half a dozen times in the last year alone and only had an issue on Thanksgiving weekend........and I knew better than to travel that day. It was easily two hours before I was through customs.

Most at times the lines look really big, but they move surprisingly fast. My average time from the time I step off the me to exiting customs customs has been around 45-50 minutes other than the above mentioned.

I have to to agree that global entry is the way to go with super tight connections.

Also, I've only been through FLL once.........and that was enough for me. I'll avoid it going forward at all costs.
    Vida es buena....

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I doubt its the same line as Global entry cause they don't stamp your passport anymore.

You get a slip and totally bypass the rest of immigration all together.

Than after picking up luggage they route you through the same line that the crew goes through. You don't even show them your passport until you get to this point and they basically look at your picture and wave you through.

Looks like what you are going through is an expedited line in passport control.

So I would surmise it speeds up the process for you quite alot.

After getting off the plane and taking the walk to immigration the Global Entry guys went to the Kiosk Machines and I went directly to the booth labled Global Entry / Mobile Passport. We then Proceeded to get our bags. For some reason the Area for Global Entry and Crew was close on Monday. Also nobody had to wait in line to be questioned after getting bags. We there were not even agents on duty We walked right past the station where we would normally be waved through or sent to do further checks. Then I turn my bags in to go to my next flight. I have never seen it like this before. Zero Customs Checks after getting bags. I just now realized no stamp.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information