Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Global entry

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

For those who have Capital One Venture card as of today you can charge GE to the card and they will reimburse you the hunred dollar fee.

Don't know when the offer expires.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

I just renewed mine and they still make you do an interview even on renewal but this time I was able to do it right in customs at the Dallas airport.

They a separate lane that you went through and they took a new picture and your fingerprints again.

I had my new card within a couple of days and am good to go for another 5 years
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

used Mobile Passport again last month going through Ft Lauderdale and was the first one....faster than Global Entry....
    been using it for three years now without a hitch....plus you get TSA PreApproved once you have Moblile Passport.....
    and it didn't cost mi anything like Global Entry does.......no face to face interview either......best Android App ever....yah mon

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been using Mobliue Passport for about 2-3 years now in MIA & I get through faster than my buddies with Global Entry. LOL

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to huskerdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    used Mobile Passport again last month going through Ft Lauderdale and was the first one....faster than Global Entry....
    been using it for three years now without a hitch....plus you get TSA PreApproved once you have Moblile Passport.....
    and it didn't cost mi anything like Global Entry does.......no face to face interview either......best Android App ever....yah mon
    You sure about that?

TSA precheck is a separate program that you have to be pre approved for.

The Mobile passport app is nothing more than a app that allows you to process your arrival before walking up to the CBP officer for inspection. All it does is replace the little paper card or the separate kiosks in places like Miami and speeds up the process since they have your information and answers in advance and you can bypass the longer separate processing lines.

If you are getting TSA precheck it is from a source other than the mobile passport app.

I will pay that $20 a year for the convenience of Global entry and especially TSA Pre-check every time.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    You sure about that?

TSA precheck is a separate program that you have to be pre approved for.

The Mobile passport app is nothing more than a app that allows you to process your arrival before walking up to the CBP officer for inspection. All it does is replace the little paper card or the separate kiosks in places like Miami and speeds up the process since they have your information and answers in advance and you can bypass the longer separate processing lines.

If you are getting TSA precheck it is from a source other than the mobile passport app.

I will pay that $20 a year for the convenience of Global entry and especially TSA Pre-check every time.
    Exactly. Global Entry isn't about getting through CHI quickly - it's about getting through Homeland Security to our gates quickly.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

You sure about that?
    positive.......mi only ever done Mobile Passport.....nuthin else

Nope you are incorrect.....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    positive.......mi only ever done Mobile Passport.....nuthin else

Nope you are incorrect.....
    I think your confused. Mobile passport only been around since 2016 so how can that be the only thing you have ever done

TSA pre-check is a completely different program totally separate from passport control and are in 2 separate parts of the airport.

TSA-precheck is in the security part of the airport.

So your going through airport security with your mobile passport app? LOL I think not

I guess your the only guy on earth to get it without having to go through the TSA enrollment process. Lucky man

https://mobilepassport.us/

Direct from the mobile passport website

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Exactly. Global Entry isn't about getting through CHI quickly - it's about getting through Homeland Security to our gates quickly.
    I used TSA pre-check only once. TSA guys treated me like some kind of VIP (Man, if they only knew...)

Most times I don't use it because I can't remember my passport number when I'm booking the flights. After that it's not an option.

All those pre flight security programs are useless to me because none of them will keep me from getting x-rayed, wanded and patted down 3 times before flying into the USA from Istanbul.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I used TSA pre-check only once. TSA guys treated me like some kind of VIP (Man, if they only knew...)

Most times I don't use it because I can't remember my passport number when I'm booking the flights. After that it's not an option.

All those pre flight security programs are useless to me because none of them will keep me from getting x-rayed, wanded and patted down 3 times before flying into the USA from Istanbul.
    With American, United and Delta and any other participating airline, there is a place to put that information in with your profile and it's not your passport id that you would put in.

You have a PAASID number or known traveler number that you put in that identifies you as being in the program

Then it is all automatic after that. Prints the little TSA icon on the boarding ticket or shows up in your airline app boarding pass.

Most airports I been to your not even getting into the pre-check line without showing some one that you have it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

With American, United and Delta and any other participating airline, there is a place to put that information in with your profile and it's not your passport id that you would put in.

You have a PAASID number or known traveler number that you put in that identifies you as being in the program

Then it is all automatic after that. Prints the little TSA icon on the boarding ticket or shows up in your airline app boarding pass.

Most airports I been to your not even getting into the pre-check line without showing some one that you have it.
    You will still get searched 3x in Istanbul. So what good is it?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You will still get searched 3x in Istanbul. So what good is it?
    are you serious
    your an experienced world traveler
    you know full well TSA pre check is for use in united states airports not airports abroad.
    Last edited by j_d66; 06-15-2018 at 09:50 PM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Global Entry is good for getting TSA Pre....

As far as coming into the country it will work 1 out of 10 trips....so worth it for me.....

Most of the times you get through customs quick but then have to wait for your luggage....For guys like WNM who do carryon for a 2 week trip you can save time...

Also you can save time when you get your luggage and they have a global entry line to get out of the terminal...but lately in JFK there is no global entry line for that and they just let you through...

It can save you that once out of 10 times...when I was in Newark and I went through in 2 mintues and waited for m buddy without global entry for 45 minutes.....

Still worth getting for 100 bucks....

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have never flown into a single US airport that Global entry wasn't faster than normal processing.

especially Miami. No way in hell your ever getting through quicker there

With global entry they will ask you very few questions and in about 40 trips since i have had global entry my bags have not been search a single time.
    Plus I like not having to answer hardly any questions about my travels

TSA pre-check is not always terribly fast since more and more people use it but it will almost always be faster than regular processing.

Plus you don't have to remove stuff from your bag or take your shoes off even if they make you go through the regular line.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

I have never flown into a single US airport that Global entry wasn't faster than normal processing.

With global entry they will ask you very few questions and in about 40 trips since i have had global entry my bags have not been search a single time.

TSA pre-check is not always terribly fast since more and more people use it but it will almost always be faster than regular processing.

Plus you don't have to remove stuff from your bag or take your shoes off even if they make you go through the regular line.
    yeah I have not gone through miami in ages since I am direct flight guy now...but yeah listen to JD if you have to connect in Miami to DR...go for GE...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

are you serious
    your an experienced world traveler
    you know full well TSA pre check is for use in united states airports not airports abroad.
    Exactly

I never have problems at U.S. airports. In-out no problem.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Global Entry is good for getting TSA Pre....

As far as coming into the country it will work 1 out of 10 trips....so worth it for me.....

Most of the times you get through customs quick but then have to wait for your luggage....For guys like WNM who do carryon for a 2 week trip you can save time...

Also you can save time when you get your luggage and they have a global entry line to get out of the terminal...but lately in JFK there is no global entry line for that and they just let you through...

It can save you that once out of 10 times...when I was in Newark and I went through in 2 mintues and waited for m buddy without global entry for 45 minutes.....

Still worth getting for 100 bucks....
    With a 3 hour layover

What's the point?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I enjoy taking my shoes off

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

With a 3 hour layover

What's the point?

for me
    it means more time in the lounge for sss and drinking and eating for free
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post

for me
    it means more time in the lounge for sss and drinking and eating for free
    For me it's the difference between standing in line with the rest of the cattle or hanging around the gate area with the rest of the cattle. It's entertainment, either way.

While I'm waiting I play this little game in my head: "Wouldn't hit that..wouldn't hit that..wouldn't hit that..Hell Yeah I'd smash that..nope..nope..yup, but only with her face in the pillow..."

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information