Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Global entry

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

I like the no stamp part. Saves room in my passport.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    After getting off the plane and taking the walk to immigration the Global Entry guys went to the Kiosk Machines and I went directly to the booth labled Global Entry / Mobile Passport. We then Proceeded to get our bags. For some reason the Area for Global Entry and Crew was close on Monday. Also nobody had to wait in line to be questioned after getting bags. We there were not even agents on duty We walked right past the station where we would normally be waved through or sent to do further checks. Then I turn my bags in to go to my next flight. I have never seen it like this before. Zero Customs Checks after getting bags. I just now realized no stamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    I like the no stamp part. Saves room in my passport.
    Before I got GE, I always thought getting stamped on return to the US was totally random if ever at all.......out of 15+!international trips returns from 2011-2014 before I got GE I only have 1 US stamp when I returned...
    Last edited by kitie carson; 02-19-2016 at 02:15 AM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kitie carson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kitie carson View Post
    Before I got GE, I always thought getting stamped on return to the US was totally random if ever at all.......out of 15+!international trips returns from 2011-2014 before I got GE I only have 1 US stamp when I returned...
    I guess I don't pay attention to what they do anymore. It all sounds like blah blah blah until I get may passport back. I am sure I am wrong because I just float through there.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,255 Times in 459 Posts

Pretty cool stuff.....intrigued to see the benefits in the flesh while using it in my own travels...

I applied for it on Saturday...and got the notice today that I was conditionally approved. (4 days later)

But I have to wait a few more weeks since I just mailed out my old passport to be renewed....but I was surprised they reviewed my app so fast.

I was told that the actual interview is pretty painless.

Can anyone confirm?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiteStallion876 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStallion876 View Post
    Pretty cool stuff.....intrigued to see the benefits in the flesh while using it in my own travels...

I applied for it on Saturday...and got the notice today that I was conditionally approved. (4 days later)

But I have to wait a few more weeks since I just mailed out my old passport to be renewed....but I was surprised they reviewed my app so fast.

Can anyone confirm?
    Yes, I can so confirm.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStallion876 View Post

Can anyone confirm?

A few simple questions. My interviewer asked me a couple of "trick" questions that were nothing more than me correcting him for something he said that wasn't quite right.

Stuff like "So you've worked in the same job for 8 years?" "No, actually it's nine years." *Smile*

In my case I had to ask a customs official where the office was located, and he told me to follow him and he'd show me. Polite chit-chat on the way, and by luck of the draw, he was the guy who interviewed me.

Piece of cake. They are really just trying to weed out potential troublemakers.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

i was going thru MIA Airport last Weds and the lines for GE were super long...they hd about 40 kiosk but only 5 worked - WTF..anybody else witness this?
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Papi Lindo View Post
    i was going thru MIA Airport last Weds and the lines for GE were super long...they hd about 40 kiosk but only 5 worked - WTF..anybody else witness this?
    Perhaps it wasn't the Global entry kiosks you were looking at but the kiosks for regular passengers

Everyone coming back into MIA has to use a kiosk now.

The line for the regular passengers to use their kiosk is always huge but if you keep walking down that hall there are maybe 15-20 other kiosks that are there for global entry and there are always some that don't work but there is never a line there but maybe it wasn't your lucky day
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Perhaps it wasn't the Global entry kiosks you were looking at but the kiosks for regular passengers

Everyone coming back into MIA has to use a kiosk now.

The line for the regular passengers to use their kiosk is always huge but if you keep walking down that hall there are maybe 15-20 other kiosks that are there for global entry and there are always some that don't work but there is never a line there but maybe it wasn't your lucky day
    no it was for ge...we were all angry

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Papi Lindo View Post

Last month I used a machine but it was out of paper and I had to fill out the forms and go through like a regular person. Damn.

Last week even after using the machine they made me go to the guy in the both and he stamped my passport
    First time in a few years. Something strange going on with global entry.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

all mi can say about the Global Mobile Entry App is ......WOW! WOW!
    used it for the first time....and mi was able to go from Immigration and thru Customs in Ft Lauderdale in under 5 minutes......
    mi kid you not......mi didn't have any baggage to pick up so mi just kept walking thru.....lol
    all the custom border guys were like...what the f..k...them thinking this guy doesn't have clue and him coasting thru immigration and customs
    kinda reminds mi of the days when you had to physically pay the road tolls and then can along the electronic passes....
    so if mi was a Border Agent......mi wouldn't be too comfortable with mi job security either.....oh well

oh screw paying the $100 and just get the Global Passport App........no brainer

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I have a passport question....I have a buddy who has 2 passports. He did this because he needed to hide his first PP from his girl here in USA. So he claimed his bag was stolen and got a new one a month or so later. So his first one was invalid here in USA. But he wants to go to DR in early May, and asked me if he can just take the invalid one, with a 2025 exp date, but invalid in USA, to the arrival customs in Puerta Plata airport. Will they be able to realize its invalid here. Or just look at the pic, and him and stamp it. He will have the valid one with him to use upon his return to the USA.??
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    I have a passport question....I have a buddy who has 2 passports. He did this because he needed to hide his first PP from his girl here in USA. So he claimed his bag was stolen and got a new one a month or so later. So his first one was invalid here in USA. But he wants to go to DR in early May, and asked me if he can just take the invalid one, with a 2025 exp date, but invalid in USA, to the arrival customs in Puerta Plata airport. Will they be able to realize its invalid here. Or just look at the pic, and him and stamp it. He will have the valid one with him to use upon his return to the USA.??
    probably invalid since you can't have two......if he had another passport from another country......then him would be good to go
    mi attorney has a USA passport and a France passport.....him always bragging about dat....says it makes life a lot easier when traveling

mi happen to have two Florida License ID's and use the one that has mi old address in Jamaica all da time....it's no problem since it not expired

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    probably invalid since you can't have two......if he had another passport from another country......then him would be good to go
    mi attorney has a USA passport and a France passport.....him always bragging about dat....says it makes life a lot easier when traveling

mi happen to have two Florida License ID's and use the one that has mi old address in Jamaica all da time....it's no problem since it not expired
    Yes understood, however he never gonna sho the other passport in DR. Only the one he claimed he lost...... but never actually did.....

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Not sure if they invalidate the scan code that the automated machines read on the old passport. If it comes up as invalid; he better have the other one handy..

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Not sure if they invalidate the scan code that the automated machines read on the old passport. If it comes up as invalid; he better have the other one handy..
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. He knows to have the other one with him,.... as he will def need it upon entry back to USA.
    Then if asked in DR, why 2, he will say what a lot of us do.... is have an old passport to walk around with!! And good one in safe.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    THIS...i wouldnt play with immigration shit...if its too much confusion, it can cost him hours and hours of explaining...here or DR. i imagine if one is stamp and the other is not - trouble!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

This guy should consider getting global entry.

His passport will not get stamped when coming back into the USA

Not sure if the old one would work even when going into another country since they all pretty much scan them now

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OK guys thanx for all your input, I will relay the info....

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

global entry worked fine in Washington, it was dead here and usually dulles is a nightmare to travel through. I did get stopped and the guys says one question do you have any food or vegetables? I say no and go to reach for the printout from the machine and he says I keep it. WTF? anyway continue on and my suitcase is third out and off, there is no one after the bagage, they are only looking for people with an orange box??? most people are confused but the guy says keep going going. I drop my bag off with the united guys and security has no lineup. MY best experience at Dulles ever!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information