Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Global entry

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Re: Global entry

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    Immigration lines are getting crazy in the USA. we waited over an hour in Toronto to get through they herded us to a waiting area before we could get in line.

Returning last trip I spent over half an hour in San francisco airport and that looks like it was quick now.

I am looking at getting the nexus card now
    I was curious at FLL, because there was employees always looking for people with connecting flights, and they were ushered to another express part of the line.

I wonder what the penalty was for getting caught lying, I figured the worst was just suspicion and they would probably strip search or go through all your stuff but was wondering if there was actually some kind of serious charges

Didn't have the cojones to do it last trip

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I was curious at FLL, because there was employees always looking for people with connecting flights, and they were ushered to another express part of the line.

I wonder what the penalty was for getting caught lying, I figured the worst was just suspicion and they would probably strip search or go through all your stuff but was wondering if there was actually something serious charges

wouldn't they ask to look at your boarding card for the connection, normally they do that

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

wouldn't they ask to look at your boarding card for the connection, normally they do that
    IDK I was all the way in the back, but the lady calling people were just shouting Washington DC for example, and those people were moved to the front, when I was closer to the officers, I just saw them standing on a shorter line, no other employees checking anything.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrgold View Post
    It took me two hours plus to get thru customs in FLL when I returned from Medellin. I think its a no brainer, I am getting it
    This must be the effects of the sequester?? Fucking congress...they suck....

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    IDK I was all the way in the back, but the lady calling people were just shouting Washington DC for example, and those people were moved to the front, when I was closer to the officers, I just saw them standing on a shorter line, no other employees checking anything.

That crossed my mind to lol....especially when I see Jimmy pass me by with his connection Laguardia

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wrgold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captbartman View Post
    if i remember correctly , after i applied and paid it was within a couple weeks to set up pic and interview at airport .

Do you have much flexibility in choosing the interview date and time?
    For example if I flew to MIA on a certain date are there enough interview people that I could reasonably expect to be able to schedule an interview in between connections which is normally a couple of hours?

Also if approved at the interview can you start using it immediately?
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Do you have much flexibility in choosing the interview date and time?
    For example if I flew to MIA on a certain date are there enough interview people that I could reasonably expect to be able to schedule an interview in between connections which is normally a couple of hours?

Also if approved at the interview can you start using it immediately?
    it depends on the size of the airport, but if you try for months in advance you should be able to get an interview with no problem. I would say anything less than a month is difficult.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok Thanks

So based on the Global entry website it looks like

Approved
    GlobalEntry program applicants have 30 days from the date of their online approval notice to schedule an appointment with their nearest enrollment center. The actual appointment must be within 90 days of the date of the online approval notice

Good information to know
    I was looking to see if I could make an interview work in Miami in between connections.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Ok Thanks

So based on the Global entry website it looks like

Approved
    GlobalEntry program applicants have 30 days from the date of their online approval notice to schedule an appointment with their nearest enrollment center. The actual appointment must be within 90 days of the date of the online approval notice

Good information to know
    I was looking to see if I could make an interview work in Miami in between connections.
    You really have to look at the site. My scheduled date was FAR away.

But I mentioned it on FT and they told me to look carefully at the site and there is a way to pick a better date. I picked one weeks ahead

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Decided to take the plunge and get approved for the Global Entry program after enduring a huge line in customs in New Jersey last trip and figuring with the budget cuts things were only going to get worse.

Online application not to difficult but pretty thorough.

Approval took 19 days to come through.

Started looking for a place to do the interview. My plan was to do it during a layover in Miami but appointments were three weeks out and I wanted it over with so i could use it on my next trip coming soon.

Detroit wasn't working either since my flights leave at 6am and come back after 11pm.

So decided to take a road trip north to Sault Saint Marie Mi which is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula at the border with Canada.
    A long way to drive but they had appointments available with short notice.

Arrived early at the appointment and was all done with the appointment including the picture and fingerprinting in less than 15 minutes all with almost no hassle.

I didn't have my global entry ID card for my trip but did not need it.

Coming back into Miami the customs lines were huge. I would guess minimum of 1 hr wait time, but not for me.

I breezed up to one of the open kiosks, scanned my passport and my fingerprints, answered some questions and had my approval receipt in less than 1 minute.

Once in the baggage area they had a special line that directed you through your own security line.

Everything was very low pressure and I was totally through customs and the re-entry through TSA security in less than 5 minutes.

My first impression of Global entry is that it is well worth the $100 spent and should make my travel experience much better in the future.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Decided to take the plunge and get approved for the Global Entry program after enduring a huge line in customs in New Jersey last trip and figuring with the budget cuts things were only going to get worse.

Online application not to difficult but pretty thorough.

Approval took 19 days to come through.

Started looking for a place to do the interview. My plan was to do it during a layover in Miami but appointments were three weeks out and I wanted it over with so i could use it on my next trip coming soon.

Detroit wasn't working either since my flights leave at 6am and come back after 11pm.

So decided to take a road trip north to Sault Saint Marie Mi which is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula at the border with Canada.
    A long way to drive but they had appointments available with short notice.

Arrived early at the appointment and was all done with the appointment including the picture and fingerprinting in less than 15 minutes all with almost no hassle.

I didn't have my global entry ID card for my trip but did not need it.

Coming back into Miami the customs lines were huge. I would guess minimum of 1 hr wait time, but not for me.

I breezed up to one of the open kiosks, scanned my passport and my fingerprints, answered some questions and had my approval receipt in less than 1 minute.

Once in the baggage area they had a special line that directed you through your own security line.

Everything was very low pressure and I was totally through customs and the re-entry through TSA security in less than 5 minutes.

My first impression of Global entry is that it is well worth the $100 spent and should make my travel experience much better in the future.
    I am trying to get the Canadian equivalent, the nexus card and I have been waiting 5 weeks for approval.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Best $100 ever spent....came into MIA on Friday and custom lines were huge. Breezed right through Global Entry.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

On 05/24/2013 I used my Passport at the Global Entry kiosk in MIA. My receipt did not have an X, I have never had the X which means you require further screening.. The lines for customs were huge and were not moving . It looked like 4 flights were collecting their bags to get in the customs line . I collected my checked bag, went thru the GE checkpoint. No issues. I gave back my bag,and checked in the Admirals club had a couple drinks and some snacks.. About 1 1/2 hours later I started to see some folks showing up at their gates that I had seen in the line.. Finally after 2 hours + I showed up to my gate and boarded my flight... Bottom line the kiosks are open and rarely have a line.. No forms, no issues.. I have only used this service at the MIA airport... When I move to Florida in the next year, MIA will be my main hub instead of STL. This is a good airport too, as long as you are not there during a tornado that was wild... Best $100.00 spent, it is great to have one less thing to worry about when traveling also it works out if you have a club membership, you are given more time to relax.. You are also in the TSA pre-check, in the STL airport you are in a shorter line no removal of shoes, or scanners..

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justin082176 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

This sounds like the way of the future, gonna have to cough up the $100 and do it..
    Like online check ins,. once you get used to it, you just cant go BACK to the old way of doing it..
    Lines suck ass.. I hate them, no way we should ever be like 2nd class citizens re entering our own country,
    when holding a US passport, that shit used to mean something.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 1,081 Posts

I applied for mine 5 days ago. After waiting 2 hours through customs on my last trip, I swore never again

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wrgold For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am trying to get the Canadian equivalent, the nexus card and I have been waiting 5 weeks for approval.

It took over 2 months, but my application was approved. now I go for the interview, tried set an appointment in toronto and nothing until October

So I go to Niagara August 27 Yay.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

It took over 2 months, but my application was approved. now I go for the interview, tried set an appointment in toronto and nothing until October

So I go to Niagara August 27 Yay.
    your only day off in Canada between two mongering trips good fuckin luck
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

34. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    your only day off in Canada between two mongering trips good fuckin luck

not quite. it is the day before my flight on Aug 28, but I am back 10 days on this one

Interview is at 5, i should be back before I leave

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

not quite. it is the day before my flight on Aug 28, but I am back 10 days on this one

Interview is at 5, i should be back before I leave
    oh ok its the meddy/bkk/patts trip you are only home for 1 day you man whore

maybe we can get the summer c.isoc dinner meeting in when you are bored by being here during those 10 days

(damn I am here too)

38. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    oh ok its the meddy/bkk/patts trip you are only home for 1 day you man whore

maybe we can get the summer c.isoc dinner meeting in when you are bored by being here during those 10 days

(damn I am here too)
    The one day is after the meddy trip on july 22, I have 10 days after I get back from Pattaya on August 17. the weekend of August 24 is fine with me I might need an oil change for the caddy.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread Information