Thread: Booking a trip with Kayak.com or other travel sites

Thanks

Booking a trip with Kayak.com or other travel sites

Are there any hotels that you guys are familar with in santo domingo that I can book from a travel site like kayak or travelocity, that will allow dominican women (chicas) in the hotel? I ask because I'm booking a trip with a few other people, one who has never been. I wan't them to feel comfortable with the booking and what-not. I know alot of hotels will let you reserve a room but you don't really give a payment until you arrive. I would feel more comfortable booking from one of these sites, but its hard finding one with out a review saying "this hotel doesn't allow dominican's in the hotel". When I'm on kayak or wherever, I go to the worst reviews and usually there is a guy or women complaining that their Dominican girlfriend/fiancé and/or Dominican looking American travel companion has problems at some of these hotels. So i was looking more if anyone has been at a major hotel in the capital that was chica friendly.

Also this is off topic, does anyone have a correct address for the crystal strip club? I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Booking a trip with Kayak.com or other travel sites

all those questions and more can be answered here on the site if you subscribe to the Trip Reports etc.....
    it's only $7.95 a month with a ton of in and outs in Santo Domingo.......plus other areas and countries too
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/payments.php

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

The trip report subscription will give you access to a lot no doubt.

For specific hotel info and reviews just go to the ISOC homepage and you'll see a hotel and restaurant info section for every country and city just about mentioned on this site.

In short, you probably won't find any of the hotels most of us frequent on Kayak, Travelocity etc..because most are privately owned and already discounted down and no benefit to the owners to pay a commission to the travel sites.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

I will give you one nugget, but for more like the others said, subscribe to the site, the info will be in the appropriate area of the board, hotels and condos and in the trip reports where you can read about the places that guys actually stayed.

The nugget: Marriott Courtyard on Avenida Maximo Gomez

there are plenty more that meets your criteria, both for you that are chica friendly and a nice place for your friends that aren't into mongering.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Palacio and Jaragua. The Jaragua allows you to list 2 names on your registry and they will be allowed in your room. You have to do this when you check in. You can't do it after the fact. I was there in April and I was surprised that they had this policy in place. I had always thought they were not chica friendly. The women need to show id at both hotels.
    SouthCoast

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uniqueksa View Post
    Are there any hotels that you guys are familar with in santo domingo that I can book from a travel site like kayak or travelocity, that will allow dominican women (chicas) in the hotel? I ask because I'm booking a trip with a few other people, one who has never been. I wan't them to feel comfortable with the booking and what-not. I know alot of hotels will let you reserve a room but you don't really give a payment until you arrive. I would feel more comfortable booking from one of these sites, but its hard finding one with out a review saying "this hotel doesn't allow dominican's in the hotel". When I'm on kayak or wherever, I go to the worst reviews and usually there is a guy or women complaining that their Dominican girlfriend/fiancé and/or Dominican looking American travel companion has problems at some of these hotels. So i was looking more if anyone has been at a major hotel in the capital that was chica friendly.

Also this is off topic, does anyone have a correct address for the crystal strip club? I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
    Like I mentioned on the other board (I'm glad you found ISOC before the DR1'ers had time to savage your request) Kayak, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc. are TERRIBLE for booking hotels in the DR and in Santo Domingo in particular. Their "discounted" rates are higher than the walk-up quotes you'll get at the front desk once you get on the ground and find that all these hotels are operating well below 80% occupancy in the "high" season and closer to 40% this time of year.

Read the trip reports in the pictures section for Santo Domingo. There are hundreds of them and thousands of pictures to go with them.

The vast majority of 3 star hotels are "Chica friendly". It's just the so-called 4 stars along the Malecon which give guests problems but there are also workarounds for that, for instance, staying at the Garden section of the Jaragua instead of the High-rise will allow easier access although I wouldn't bother as there are a handful of hotels within blocks that are just as nice, half as expensive and have no problems with "guests". As for addresses for clubs, bars and casas just ask any taxi driver in town until you find your way around. Find drivers for day and night service and keep their numbers handy when you get a good one. One who takes you where you want to go, not where he wants to take you and does it for a consistent, low price (between 100RD-300RD depending on distance, time of Day, etc.).

Join us and you will have access to a treasure trove of information on hotels, transportation, Chica casas, restaurants massage parlors, nightclubs, shopping, customs and courtesies, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention trip reports filled with 1,000's of the beautiful Chicas we've known.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thread Information