Thread: Boca Chica... here we go again.......

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Boca Chica... here we go again.......

Time to start the cycle all over again.......

In Boca Chica, children dance as a prelude to sexual exploitation
    SANTO DOMINGO (Dominican Republic). - Boca Chica, a paradise where anything can happen. This tourist destination has become a huge market in child sex, ranging in age from nine to 16 years, who offer their services to tourists and nationals, regardless of sex or age.
    From seven in the evening, Boca Chica is an underworld of children coming out of corners everywhere who now dance for money, the new rates, as a prelude to the start of sexual exploitation.

Suddenly, it seems to be in the biblical city of Sodom and Gomorrah. The degradation and the shows that convert to humans to mere object, undermine emotional stability and, above all, against right of children and girls to have a healthy life. All this happens under the indifferent gaze of accomplices in some cases and in others, the authorities responsible for security and public order of national and foreign citizens who swarm the place.

Calle Duarte, a public brothel
    A strip of Calle Duarte, the main artery of this population is a good opportunity. Its closed from seven in the evening to the morning-from the Hamaca hotel at the corner of the park -. In this work, the actors are children, boys and girls who give their charm to the highest bidder. It is the ideal place for lust. Drug consumption can not miss and is the bread our of each night.

Necessarily, tourism officials and the Governor have the best view, because the building that houses both institutions is right in the middle of the day bacchanal of this resort, just 30 minutes away from the capital city, going to the East.

The testimonies of children themselves make your hair stand on end to anyone, even people adept and accustomed to touch and see human misery.

Just stopping in a corner of this section gives rise to the conversation with one of the children who swarm around him. This is the case of C. ..., who, with just 9 years, chronicles the situations that occur daily in this huge public brothel, which he himself is a victim.

What happens here from seven in the evening? I ask. Quite naturally and brash, C. .. that "here in the Duarte people dance, pick up women, men, drugs ...".

You mean children like you?, Is the obvious question. Without thinking twice, C. .. states that "of course, but here is what else is Sanky panky, children who go with tourists for money and drugs, even after you remove the POLITUR rooms and take them prisoners."

This lower starts in prostitution at the state of abject poverty in which he lives with his family in a slum tourism surrounding the Boca Chica, where foreigners "gringos", I call them no matter their nationality, seek to satisfy their sexual desires.

This testimony is corroborated by the Public Ministry responsible for children and adolescents in Boca Chica, Varona Marleni glove when he says that "not all, but yes, there are cases of police corruption at all levels," which includes POLITUR members, whose manager, Captain Julio César Pérez Heredia said, his voice and expression secure, from the current management of the body, just two months, "the sexual exploitation of children has dropped by more than 90 percent ".

Of course, the director and founder of the NGO Walkers, which deals precisely the prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children in the area, Denisse Pichardo, is not convinced of the percentage figures given by the official POLITUR, so his quick response was "that, even they believe it."

The "sankypankismo" as a profession
    But ... What is a Sanky panky? The response was swift "are those who are asking the gringos, and go with them to do things." In inquiring about what things do, C ... slyly responds, "are men and women and do things. Tourists come and give money to impress on them things ".

The "things" referred to this child, who was not identified for protection include oral sex to sex offenders to 80 years, who come to this paradise that is offered as a panacea for their problems.

Stored in a shady place is the Convention on the Rights of the Child, United Nations, which is a signatory country, which in Article 19 says: "The State shall protect children from all forms of abuse perpetrated by mothers, fathers or anyone else responsible for your care and preventive measures and treatment about it. "
    With only nine years, C. .. is far from being subject to this duty, others failed by the Dominican State. Rather, it has become a faithful portrait of a "tiguere" early. She swallowed all fear bravely against adversity that has been exposed. He continues his explanation and argues that "Sanky panky live on the beach. There are small children in prostitution. These children also smoke their thing. The drug that is consumed here is cocaine, marijuana, all drugs. "

C. .. not considered a Sanky, establishes their differences, very dialed, according to him, not only in the type of clothing that use few and others, but also because attends to school.

According reveals the "Study qualitative on commercial sexual exploitation of children, girls and adolescents in the Dominican Republic", conducted for UNICEF by Julia Hasbún in 2006, most of these minors have never attended a school. For them, the level of schooling is a status.

He also says, "These children are thrown onto the streets by their parents, who care for them, and expose the serious dangers of the commercial sexual exploitation." Most come from homes mononuclear.

The referred study establishes that "according the personal testimonies, mothers are dedicated or have been dedicated to prostitution, so that this form of life is something normal".

A fact in this whole situation is that there is a state policy aimed at eradicating the disease, especially when from within the Ministry of Tourism is promoting this as a sexual paradise for foreign visitors, men and women.

This is confirmed by the prosecutor deputy prosecutor in the area of ​​Children and Adolescents, when he declares that there are no policies, programs or plans of the State, to definitively eradicate the sexual exploitation of minors.

In Boca Chica, the children are there in the red zone, destroying their existence against the impassive gaze of tourists, foreign investors, authorities and all those who in one way or another benefit from this human misery.
    Ivonne Ferreras/7dias.com.do
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: Boca Chica... here we go again.......

Well I live there, and although I don't spend a lot of time on Duarte, I have never saw that, I have never saw children dancing for tourists or anybody. The only children I have seen for the most part are having dinner with their parents who are eating dinner on Duarte St., besides the random shoe shine boys.

Definitely yellow journalism at it's worse, the problem with that type of story, some would believe it just cause someone wrote it, without any real proof. I've seen it myself, unfortunately first hand, when in my life in law enforcement was changed for ever when someone or someones tried to ruin my reputation by writing a ffew stories about me, that weren't true, the problem was at first everyone believed the stories simply because they appeared in the NY papers, when the truth came out, of course everyone said, all we always believed in you, yeah right they believed enough that they didn't answer the phone when they knew it was me calling. By the times the truth came out, I really cared less what they believed or didn't believe, cause their trust or belief came too late.

Yeah I truly hate yellow journalism, and I smell it's ugly stench once again.
    Last edited by yayow; 06-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

probably written by some disgruntled fugly journalist who got their $500 Pesos offer for sex rejected........lol

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    probably written by some disgruntled fugly journalist who got their $500 Pesos offer for sex rejected........lol
    The problem is, articles like that, invariably lead to a knee jerk reaction from the authorities afterwards.

Anybody here remember when Patrick's girls got splattered all over two pages of the center of Listin? That shit shut down the town for months.

The Don Antonio Hotel fiasco was another that caused major grief.

I think it's the result of the tourism folks that try to justify their existence by getting reporters to run stories like this. It makes it a lot easier for them to show they're getting "results"

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Now it would be ignorant, to say that some of the perverts don't come to the D.R. for their afflictions, and I am sure that they can find what ever floats their boats. Whether in Boca Chica, la capital, Sosua or every other place in the DR, if you are sick you are going to find whatevever you truly want. But of course the same can be said about the US, Europe or just about anywhere else on this planet. Plus we all know and probably have been fooled by some chicas, who appeared older than what they truly were, all we can do is try and be dillergent in how we choose.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

In my two visits I don't think I've seen any children on Duarte except for the young ones with a parent or the shoe shine boys. At night I didn't even see those children. My first trip I did hear some gringo at Calypso talking about some underground casa with teenage girls (kept my opinion to myself), but that was it.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

4 or 5 years ago the story was relevant. I saw way too many "short eyes" situations and it turned me off to BC until the past year or so as I've seen the changes for the better. I didn't catch a date for this story but my short answer would be that the Politur Captain is correct in his assessment of a 90% drop in the sexual exploitation of Children. Personally, I wish them continued success and would like to see a 100% drop as I'm sure we all agree that the practice of exploiting Children in any form is an abomination and a crime against Humanity.

The author is a Day late and a dollar short.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    4 or 5 years ago the story was relevant. I saw way too many "short eyes" situations and it turned me off to BC until the past year or so as I've seen the changes for the better. I didn't catch a date for this story but my short answer would be that the Politur Captain is correct in his assessment of a 90% drop in the sexual exploitation of Children. Personally, I wish them continued success and would like to see a 100% drop as I'm sure we all agree that the practice of exploiting Children in any form is an abomination and a crime against Humanity.

The author is a Day late and a dollar short.
    Just for the record, it was in the Wednesday edition of 7dias.com.do

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Here's the latest. Local businesses are getting fed up with the atmosphere in BC.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tou...cas-businesses

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I could see ok they want to get the children beggers off the beach or limit them--if that's even possible.

I could see where the casa owners would make a plea to clean up the Duarte street walkers because that would send more mongers to their casas.

You can't change the motos or the colmados. I like the convenience.

As far as the sanitation goes, that's interesting because I was sitting in front of El Caucho and observed garbage collection day in DR for the first time. It was kind of funny how they just strolled along behind the truck dumping barrells at a leisurely pace compared to how it's 'hustle hustle house to house' in any US city.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Here's the latest. Local businesses are getting fed up with the atmosphere in BC.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tou...cas-businesses

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thread Information