Thread: PJ's restaurant

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

PJ's restaurant

WickedWillie and I had a very romantic dinner date tonight although I was a tad disappointed he did not bring flowers. We went to PJ's, which is right next to La Roca across from the little Playero. On Wednesday and Friday they currently have a 2 for 1 special from 6 - 8 PM. We both had the half BBQ chicken with salad and fries. The chicken was very good and moist; served with a side of BBQ sauce. I think WickedWillie inhaled his. He had a beer and I had a coke. Total bill was 450 pesos.

I will be back.

Those nights are also Karaoke night so make certain you get out of there before the gringas start singing ABBA songs around 8:30 PM.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: PJ's restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    WickedWillie and I had a very romantic dinner date tonight although I was a tad disappointed he did not bring flowers. We went to PJ's, which is right next to La Roca across from the little Playero. On Wednesday and Friday they currently have a 2 for 1 special from 6 - 8 PM. We both had the half BBQ chicken with salad and fries. The chicken was very good and moist; served with a side of BBQ sauce. I think WickedWillie inhaled his. He had a beer and I had a coke. Total bill was 450 pesos.

I will be back.

Those nights are also Karaoke night so make certain you get out of there before the gringas start singing ABBA songs around 8:30 PM.
    I thought you were about to say you were a tad disappointed because he didn't try to kiss you when I started reading that.jajajaja

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Roberto, que será su fecha de una noche en septiembre. Y yo te sido un frasco de perfume.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I know the owner and watched him build out the restaurant. He has tried to do the right thing and the food is good there. Instead of advertising the restaurant, he decided to have specials because people tend to go where the price is low.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I know the owner and watched him build out the restaurant. He has tried to do the right thing and the food is good there. Instead of advertising the restaurant, he decided to have specials because people tend to go where the price is low.

I will try them again. It has been awhile.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Thanks for the information on another option here in Sosua. Good to see ISOC as board where we can share information and different options, and stories of Sosua, the Republica Dominicana, and the rest of the World.

Its always great to learn of an different choice available here.

Variety is the spice of life!

Definitely gonna check it out, I have seen a different crowd in PJ's as of late.

I hope they are successful. And continue to share a quality product and service for our brotherhood and everyone else here in Robert's whore village! JAJAAJAJA

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

I ate there 5x on the 2 for 1 special nights. Twice, I got sick from Fish Soup, then Seafood Soup. Sorry, no mas!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I ate there 5x on the 2 for 1 special nights. Twice, I got sick from Fish Soup, then Seafood Soup. Sorry, no mas!

Any chance you've developed an allergy to some seafoods? It's tough getting old.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Any chance you've developed an allergy to some seafoods? It's tough getting old.
    Although I live here in the DR I almost never order seafood. I'm scared of it in any restaurant, even when they were serving at my restaurant....

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Guide Re: PJ's restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Thanks, but i have no allergies. I remember the old days in Sosua (1998+), where there were many warnings not to eat in certain restaurants because the cheap owners would serve spoiled food, rather than throw it away.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, but i have no allergies. I remember the old days in Sosua (1998+), where there were many warnings not to eat in certain restaurants because the cheap owners would serve spoiled food, rather than throw it away.
    I met the new owner in March when I was in Sosua. Nice guy, wants to have a good operation. I thought the food was quite good, and reasonably priced. Mostly I had breakfasts and chicken.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to commander kirk For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I guess the Pescado soups were bad ideas. They would just entice scraps that could be spoiled. I'll try the place again, nada pescado!

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I guess the Pescado soups were bad ideas. They would just entice scraps that could be spoiled. I'll try the place again, nada pescado!
    I've got a favorita that gets pescado soup for breakfast if they got it and will warm it up for her. fish soup in the morning is not something I really want to smell. I do like the taste of it tho, just not first thing in the morning.

Last few trips I've gotten in the habit of having a good american breakfast, then just having fruit the rest of the day. Easy to do with the heat, don't really feel like eating when it's hot.

Between the fruit and the chicas, I can lose a few pounds during my trips.

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: PJ's restaurant AKA Sinatra's W/ karoke

Was there two weeks ago. Yes there es a 2/1 special,but don't add anything to the 2nd entree even if it es still lower price,You will be charged for the extra.
    Mi amigo had fish soup,it was OK.Mucho Abba for sure.
    Another new Italian restaurant on Pedor Clisante using the name "GAUDI" was Very Good",and not expensive went three times while in Sosua.
    Expect to go back en Noviembre.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Moretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

PJ's restuarant is now called Sinatra's.

Last week, a chica and I had the mero (grouper) at Sinatra's. It was served with potatoes and vegetables. Big serving and very delicious.

Happy to report that neither her or I got sick afterwards .

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

This use to be a 24 hour place and back in the day, we would take a taxi to POP to hit Crystals and Long Beach and end the night here. The taxi was $24 for 6 or 7 hours.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thread Information