Thread: Bologna Reccomendation/Information

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Bologna Reccomendation/Information

Had a good meal the other night at Bologna, located on Alejo Martinez, (right at Bon ice cream if you come from Rocky's).

Had been a while since I had been there. Seemed to be a new menu.

Sat in the A/C room as my date chose to sit there. Nice setting and good fare at a reasonable price for an upper end restaurant.

Have to highly reccommend the Foccaccia bread bruschetta. What a wonderful appetizer, but could also be done as a meal for one if you so desire. This with a bowl of fish soup was outstanding.

Liked it so much we returned the next night. Had opportunity to test the Filet de Dorado, ok, the chicken courdon bleu, very good, spaghetti bolognese with polpette de carne, very good. Had nothing bad at all.

The service is a very good, just a bit slow from time to time. But when you go to Bologna its more of a dining experience, not to be rushed... its not 7-11 for your heathens!! jajajajaj!!!

Again price is a bit higher but nothing out of this world. Had a nice date for 2, full with appetizers, drinks for two, full entree's and desert for under $50. I know some of you say $50!!!!! but try that anywhere north of the border.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Re: Bologna Reccomendation/Information

Great review. I very much appreciate learning nice new places to go to.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Had a good meal the other night at Bologna, located on Alejo Martinez, (right at Bon ice cream if you come from Rocky's).

Had been a while since I had been there. Seemed to be a new menu.

Sat in the A/C room as my date chose to sit there. Nice setting and good fare at a reasonable price for an upper end restaurant.

Have to highly reccommend the Foccaccia bread bruschetta. What a wonderful appetizer, but could also be done as a meal for one if you so desire. This with a bowl of fish soup was outstanding.

Liked it so much we returned the next night. Had opportunity to test the Filet de Dorado, ok, the chicken courdon bleu, very good, spaghetti bolognese with polpette de carne, very good. Had nothing bad at all.

The service is a very good, just a bit slow from time to time. But when you go to Bologna its more of a dining experience, not to be rushed... its not 7-11 for your heathens!! jajajajaj!!!

Again price is a bit higher but nothing out of this world. Had a nice date for 2, full with appetizers, drinks for two, full entree's and desert for under $50. I know some of you say $50!!!!! but try that anywhere north of the border.
    I have always loved the place at least a couple of times per trip. Good Service, Good Italian food, I am not a lover of any pizza in Sosua but theirs is fair but the rest of the food is better.
    Just Doing It

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Time for some Bologna!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Time for some Bologna!!!

Click to see pic
    I love their pizza! Best in Sosua
    I've offended you.....goood

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Had their lasagna last trip and it was very good... Way better then I expected! I liked it so much, on my last night I dragged VP out of his sick bed to come by and join me... I told him my treat and we would finish will a few shots at Winners Circle... I guilted him to come with, but have a feeling the guilt trip helped when I told him I would pay for the night.. lol
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Had lunch there with balcoach. I had a Chicken Caesar salad. It was huge and very good.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Best restaurant in Sosua IMHO ,,,

I've had the chicken parm,,,both Lasagna's,,the pizza,,,,,and two different Seafood dishes,,,,,,

NONE have disappointed,,,,,

" Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thread Information