Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santiago airport

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Santiago airport

Quote Originally Posted by theheights718 View Post
    quick question...

if you take cash into the banks out there...how much do they charge for exchanging the money for you? Or do you have to have an account with that bank?

My bank charges crazy international ATM rates so I only use cash and always exchange when I am in town at the cambios or WU.
    Banks won't charge you anything to exchane US cash to pesos. You just need to remember to take your passport. I do it every once in a while.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Re: Santiago airport

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Agreed. I use ATMs all the time and there is one in STI. ATM is the way to go, but there are a couple of things you should check.

1. Call your bank and find out what the fee is for using a foriegn ATM. Some banks have a high fee attached to this.

2. Make sure you tell your bank about your trip to the DR. Banks will cut off ATM cards after one use as well, unless you report the trip to them.

3. Make sure your ATM pin is 4 digits. 6 digit pins may give you problems in other countries.
    ATM is the way to go but...
    ATMs run out of money too. Carry $50-$100 in small bills. You need to know the exchange rate. If they charge to 500rd give them $15 do you want to worry $1.80 on your vacation. Be open to spending a few extra dollars while you settle in.
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information