Thread: Its abou that time.....Finally!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

Its abou that time.....Finally!

So I have been on a pretty long hiatus. Lots of Changes in my life have been going on. Work has been kicking my ass, I lost my partner at work so I have been crazy busy at work pulling long days, with lots of travel across the country. I am FINALLY about finished with my masters degree (I finish on Oct 21!!!), so what better way to celebrate that to come to DR!

So I am looking to come for a two week trip this time, I need some time to decompress from my hectic life. I haven't really been following the boards as life had taken its toll on my so I need to start to get back in the swing of things with my brothers! Anyways, I am trying to coordinate something with my road dawg LJDMV and I am also looking to try and bring some more newbies to the island, they will probably only be hanging for a week. So with that said, since this is going to be a longer trip for me I need to maximize my budget. I don't plan to go as hard as I normally do with the drinking, partying and chica(s) LOL I kinda want to party it up a couple night but really chill out. So I am considering staying someplace that is a little better on the budget than the NG. But that leads me to my next point.

I am looking to invest some money in DR, maybe purchasing a condo for my trips down and using it as a rental property. I know some of ya'll have stuff there already so I was curious about your opinions on the vacation rental market. Any advice is good to hear.

So with that said, I can't wait to see some of ya'll, I am still working out the dates for the trip so as soon as I figure that out I will let folks know!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Re: Its abou that time.....Finally!

Goood to see you back amigo. And congrats on your masters degree achievement.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post
    So I have been on a pretty long hiatus. Lots of Changes in my life have been going on. Work has been kicking my ass, I lost my partner at work so I have been crazy busy at work pulling long days, with lots of travel across the country. I am FINALLY about finished with my masters degree (I finish on Oct 21!!!), so what better way to celebrate that to come to DR!

So I am looking to come for a two week trip this time, I need some time to decompress from my hectic life. I haven't really been following the boards as life had taken its toll on my so I need to start to get back in the swing of things with my brothers! Anyways, I am trying to coordinate something with my road dawg LJDMV and I am also looking to try and bring some more newbies to the island, they will probably only be hanging for a week. So with that said, since this is going to be a longer trip for me I need to maximize my budget. I don't plan to go as hard as I normally do with the drinking, partying and chica(s) LOL I kinda want to party it up a couple night but really chill out. So I am considering staying someplace that is a little better on the budget than the NG. But that leads me to my next point.

I am looking to invest some money in DR, maybe purchasing a condo for my trips down and using it as a rental property. I know some of ya'll have stuff there already so I was curious about your opinions on the vacation rental market. Any advice is good to hear.

So with that said, I can't wait to see some of ya'll, I am still working out the dates for the trip so as soon as I figure that out I will let folks know!

Good to hear from you Sacase,,, been awhile,,,,,

Congrats on your masters man,,,nice job,,,

I'm sure you and L will do it up right,,,,,,,,,have a good time,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

the dr is sketchy at best and you will need a rental agent so check with rick or someone that is established and is doing it to get the best awnsers as to return on investment and management fees etc

but if you buy a condo in thailand and we will keep you rented
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Buy nothing in the DR ! Rent !

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    the dr is sketchy at best and you will need a rental agent so check with rick or someone that is established and is doing it to get the best awnsers as to return on investment and management fees etc

but if you buy a condo in thailand and we will keep you rented
    If I recall, only thai's can own property in thailand. but I haven't been there since 2001.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

If I recall, only thai's can own property in thailand. but I haven't been there since 2001.
    houses etc yes but

it seems the condo sellers have a way around that now

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thread Information