Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 07/2012 - GREEN/BOD AND HQ MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE JULY 27 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Re: GREEN/BOD AND HQ MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE JULY 27 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself, Jimmy... you're only human...
    And you made me a mod... So you werent all wrong with your decisions... LOL

Like I said, I dont know if it's possible, but im willing to help without the title, just to help!

Maybe like remove or edit posts that shouldnt be here, or combine threads if needed, or whatever, just as a backup if mods are on trips or if you need me... Not sure if its possible or if it could be done or even wanted to be done, but im here to help all if/when called upon... OK, hope the original statement didn't come off wrong, to make it clear, Im here for ya,if you're not sure, not asking for a promo or something...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    When you get to purple, you get to set whatever title you want. It's one of the nicer perks and the one I took advantage of the same day.
    Hey, at least you're not probationary. Look at Dom Dave. He's been probationary for over 2 years now.
    I never realized I could of changed it, just thought there was like high standards or some test I had to take

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I never realized I could of changed it, just thought there was like high standards or some test I had to take
    High standards. Test. There's an idea. We should meet for dinner and have candidates eat out a 200 peso Ho and then finish their plate of fish heads.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,100 Times in 634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    High standards. Test. There's an idea. We should meet for dinner and have candidates eat out a 200 peso Ho and then finish their plate of fish heads.
    fuckin' degenerate.......where can I apply ?

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to madvillian For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: 07/2012 - GREEN/BOD AND HQ MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE JULY 27 2012

It still goes on....and it's still amusing

I know I'm never moving higher but I know that I have all I need where I am...and I'm glad and grateful for that!

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    I swear some dudes are like the chicas up in here..

Its just never enough....

the best though are the dudes who used to petition Jimmy to move up, almost begging for it like a puta for a Propina.
    that was some pitiful but funny shit..
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: 07/2012 - GREEN/BOD AND HQ MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE JULY 27 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    It still goes on....and it's still amusing

I know I'm never moving higher but I know that I have all I need where I am...and I'm glad and grateful for that!
    Its going on right now in this thread!! :/
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    And you made me a mod... So you werent all wrong with your decisions... LOL

Like I said, I dont know if it's possible, but im willing to help without the title, just to help!

Maybe like remove or edit posts that shouldnt be here, or combine threads if needed, or whatever, just as a backup if mods are on trips or if you need me... Not sure if its possible or if it could be done or even wanted to be done, but im here to help all if/when called upon... OK, hope the original statement didn't come off wrong, to make it clear, Im here for ya,if you're not sure, not asking for a promo or something...
    Let me translate.. please, pretty please... pick me, pick me! Lol... just fucking with you Beas..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madvillian View Post
    fuckin' degenerate.......where can I apply ?
    That's me. Old dirty bastard and I like both fish heads and 200 peso Putas when I can get them.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Its going on right now in this thread!! :/
    I haven't noticed.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

To me, the spirit of this board has always been Guys making the journey a bit easier for the Guys who travel behind them. From the 1st time I signed on here I saw a wealth of information and I joined up as a subscriber pretty quick. The fact that I've been able to meet up with other board members to roll with while we do what we do was an unexpected bonus.

There are some here whom I hold in very high esteem and that's no accident. A lot of very reliable, well traveled members have left the board, left the hobby or left the planet but there are new Guys coming on board all the time and many of them have the courtesy of depositing as much knowledge as or more than they take away. They make it easy to vote for higher level access. Others treat the board like some kind of social club and are only concerned with their virtual social standing. I have no idea what kind of thrill they get out of that and to me that is not what access levels are there for. To me they represent a level of trust wherein sensitive matters can be discussed without hearing that shit all over the street.

This hobby in and of itself is a reason to attract the wrong kind of attention and there are some things that I share only with those whom I feel are trustworthy and whose agenda are, like mine limited to staying informed with the most current information applicable to getting the most value out of their vacation time and money. I post pictures of my face in Purple as well as the Chicas who stand to have their lives disrupted if their identities are compromised. Totally bucket neked goes into green for random casa and street Ho's and Ho's who are already out there go into regular paid access sections. Everybody has their own comfort zones. Mine works for me. Security is more of an issue for some here than for others.

Seriously, what board has access based on demonstrated levels of trust? This is not a personality contest, it's a pragmatic approach to making members comfortable enough to maximize their contributions and so far it's working pretty well so if Guys come on here, share new info with others, stay away from Chica/ monger related drama and demonstrate trustworthiness they'll have my vote and I suspect those of most others.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Hey, at least you're not probationary. Look at Dom Dave. He's been probationary for over 2 years now.
    NAAA i'm not probationary, I'm a probie.

Which is all fine by me because I know i'm only green because they thought I was REALLY dominican all this time. Lucky for me real dominicans have taken a hold of the board and I can just ride the wave with it in my name going unnoticed

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

This board is like the masons - deep, twisted and we all have our secrets.

Will we ever discover what happens in HQ?

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post
    This board is like the masons - deep, twisted and we all have our secrets.

Nothing happens there.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post

I showed your wife late one night. Glad she can keep a secret!

And hey mi amigo, if you two decide to reurn to this enchanted isle (and I really hope you do), I've come across not one, but TWO pairs (yes pairs) of damas that I believe you guys would enjoy immensely! I might even post pics of them in a new trip report (in HQ of course).

Hope all is well and the leg allows you back out on the "pitch" my friend (I learned that term from Weyland while watching the WC w him).
    Last edited by whynotme; 08-29-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: fixed quoye (yellow overlap)

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post
    I showed your wife late one night. Glad she can keep a secret!

And hey mi amigo, if you two decide to reurn to this enchanted isle (and I really hope you do), I've come across not one, but TWO pairs (yes pairs) of damas that I believe you guys would enjoy immensely! I might even post pics of them in a new trip report (in HQ of course).

Hope all is well and the leg allows you back out on the "pitch" my friend (I learned that term from Weyland while watching the WC w him).
    Erik - for a member of HQ to spend time with Mrs Thunderstar - I feel truly privileged and honored!
    During that time you spent with her - did you notice that after the first 3 inch's - it was all like new?

The leg is all pretty good now thank you - Ill always have a limp - but hey - I can walk. Dont do much running, but im not really built to run anyway.

Coming back to the DR? Its a difficult one - we love the beach, the atmosphere, the grumpy old Brit up the road, the cool Brit up the road in the other direction ( you guys can fight out who's who ) but for us - we have been chasing the dragon for our last few vacations there.
    Perhaps its us - perhaps its the town - maybe we are just a bit bored of it.

That said - if we do go back in that direction - we will make sure our dates are the same as when you are in country and hopefully we can meet you and your new friends!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Lets review this.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Lets review this.
    From my perch, low in the undergrowth but still above the swamp, it looks pretty straightforward as it is.

As Greydread said, a few posts up, it's a matter of trust, and of contributions to the board. (Ask not what your Board can do for you, ask what you can do for your Board.) It may be complicated a bit, because of the factually-anonymous character of a vBulletin forum ... beyond your screen-name and perhaps an avatar that tickles your fancy, you are what you post. What you say here, what stories you tell here, what pictures you post here ... that is all the members know of you, and that is all we have by which to judge the worth of a fellow member.

The other thing is that membership in the upper levels is at the discretion of the members of those upper levels. The nomination and the vote all take place "behind the Purple Curtain," and the favored ones don't even know until the day they log on and see that their screen-name has changed color. The bar gets raised higher for each level, and that's entirely appropriate; a probie's posts and pictures may be enough to prove him worthy of Green, but it's reasonable and proper to refrain from nominating a candidate to BoD until a few BoD (or higher) members have spent some time out on the prowl with him, enough to judge that he might be worth bringing into BoD.

99+ percent of the content of this board is on Trip Reports level or below. I have posted very little in Green, and perhaps I should be ashamed of that, but it's mainly because I haven't done anything (or taken photos of anyone) that I felt I ought to post, but that I needed to hide from the general Trip Reports public. (Why would I 'need' to post photos of fellow members, or of chicas who fear to be outed by a snitch?) I've been pitching my TRs for the widest possible audience, and I just hope that you guys have found them informative and helpful, or at least, entertaining.

My TL/DR? It's good to revisit this, but we don't need to revise it.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

I believe the written BoD requirements served us rather well during our last nomination. My vote would be to keep things as they are.
    Blue Devil

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    I believe the written BoD requirements served us rather well during our last nomination. My vote would be to keep things as they are.
    I think jimmy meant ' lets review this' as in let the new guys review it and see how to move up the ranks........ at least I hope so as I know hunter spent a lot of time and effort it perfecting the details to make everyone happy
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I think jimmy meant ' lets review this' as in let the new guys review it and see how to move up the ranks........ at least I hope so as I know hunter spent a lot of time and effort it perfecting the details to make everyone happy
    Thank God, we have a certified Jimmy translator on board.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information