Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AA.....Where vacation joy goes to die.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Re: AA.....Where vacation joy goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Continental will get me to POP, but its an overnight layover in Newark.

Spirit gives me a better price, anywhere from a 1/3 to 1/2 the price of AA. But it's a fucked up landing time in STI. 2:30 am, and a 2 hour taxi ride. Or an early afternoon landing time in SDQ, and a 5 or 6 hour bus ride.
    Have you ever considered an SDQ arrival and departure? Get in during the early afternoon, taxi to Boca Chica, grab a room for a couple of nights and see some new shit. I did that with JetBlue in March and had a great time in BC. Some great looking girls, nice bars on and off the strip, etc. Give it 2 nights then Metro up to Sosua. If the return from POP to DTW on another airline besides AA was too long with layovers and shit, head back to SD for a couple of days before heading back home. A 12 day trip still would get you 8 nights in Sosua with 2 nights on the front and back end on the southside.

Awwww....... fuck it. Head east young man, the Far East. Save the cash on a couple of Sosua trips, jump on a Northwest flight to BKK and see what all the fuss is about. You'll never look at Sosua the same way again! Trust me.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    The east side of the runway is at water's edge and I have seen planes land from that side (most fly in from the west)

Click to see pic
    my bad....

never in 42 trips have I landed coming in over the water....

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sosuaman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    For those of us in the Mid West, that is the ONLY airline that flies into POP for us!

Luckily, the only time I had a delay/cancelation with AA was when their refueling lines in MIA blew up. And I got to stay an extra 3 or 4 days in Happyland! Of course, Lorena and Robert couldn't wait for me to get off "their" Island!!!
    I'll take that as a compliement!!
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    American Airlines has the newest, bestest fleet of new aircraft in the industry.

http://www.fodors.com/news/story_5786.html

The "bankruptcy" is a reorganization and an opportunity to renegotiate union deals to keep them competitive in the near future. I get to choose my seat for free and check a 50lb. bag for free coming and going. That accounts for a $100 price break over Spirit, Airtran, etc. on Caribbean flights so in order to even consider another airline their base price would need to be at least $100 less for a round trip than AA.

American has modernized their fleet and put in place the measures necessary to keep customer costs minimized. That's worth my business. My last trip to SDQ I upgraded to 1st class for $90 going and coming. Jetblue lost my bag on a non-stop flight. Airtran lost my bag on a non-stop flight. How in the fuck do you lose a bag on a non-stop flight? It got on the plane when I did. Where the fuck did it go?

USAirways will cut flights just because they didn't sell enough seats and try to blame it on the weather to fuck their passengers without reimbursement or consideration. I was once diverted to SJU on a flight from Aruba to Charlotte because their "weather radar" went out on a clear and sunny day. They have no parts or crew at SJU and it took an entire day to get underway again without experiencing so much as a single drop of rain. Only a near riot got them to concede lodging, meals and incidental expenses, including vouchers.

I am a fan of AA.
    I too am a fan of AA. I have always been treated with courtesy and respect by their crews. The only problem I have encountered is Miami Customs, oh my, what an experience going thru the entrance procedures and then having to collect your baggage and then recheck it for your next leg of the trip and going thru security again. Oh well, in the end, the trip to POP is well worth this hassle!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stalino55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stalino55 View Post
    I too am a fan of AA. I have always been treated with courtesy and respect by their crews. The only problem I have encountered is Miami Customs, oh my, what an experience going thru the entrance procedures and then having to collect your baggage and then recheck it for your next leg of the trip and going thru security again. Oh well, in the end, the trip to POP is well worth this hassle!

If you travel enough to make it worth it I would check into Global Entry program , and breeze thru customs and the baggage check. Also makes you a trusted traveler member if your airline and or airport has that service.
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knotty View Post
    The plane was so new that it looked like they just started using it. It had that new plane smell. My worries disappeared after that. That is why I would rather use them then those other budget airlines.

Well it wasn't the A380, I just read this article stating they are getting their first one this week.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...east-asia.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sosuaman View Post
    this is not an actual depiction of AA flying into POP....

AA flights do NOT land as they are crossing over water - the landing strip does NOT begin at waters edge....
    the plane travels over land as it is landing, not water...
    depends on the wind . . . most times ya come in from the west but it's a fun cuba libre on playa sosua when they come in across the bay ! ! !

i landed east bound once or twice . . . fun bouncy ride thru the mountains to the the west also tho . . .

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! need me a ticket ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Have you ever considered an SDQ arrival and departure? Get in during the early afternoon, taxi to Boca Chica, grab a room for a couple of nights and see some new shit. I did that with JetBlue in March and had a great time in BC. Some great looking girls, nice bars on and off the strip, etc. Give it 2 nights then Metro up to Sosua. If the return from POP to DTW on another airline besides AA was too long with layovers and shit, head back to SD for a couple of days before heading back home. A 12 day trip still would get you 8 nights in Sosua with 2 nights on the front and back end on the southside.

Awwww....... fuck it. Head east young man, the Far East. Save the cash on a couple of Sosua trips, jump on a Northwest flight to BKK and see what all the fuss is about. You'll never look at Sosua the same way again! Trust me.
    Since I'm not a government employee, I don't get to plan 12 day vacations.

The longest I have planned was 10, even though that went up to 14.

If I start this new business I'm thinking about, while I won't be a WW, I'll only be able to fly down for 2 or 3 days at a time.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,298 Times in 229 Posts

Flew First Class - LAX-MIA then Business MIA-POP then Business POP-LAS then First Class LAS-LAX in last week to 10 days - $1200 all up for the 5 sector First/Business ticket - PERFECT - great service - all flights on time - I could not fault AA.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadBoyBilly For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information