Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 09/2012 - Tourist Card Online

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

09/2012 - Tourist Card Online

I got this link to avoid having to wait in line in the DR to pay the $10.00 fee. I pre pay and print it off and it saves time in lines. Since everything in the DR is so slow this helps. Santo Domingo airport is real slow that line is usually 30 minutes...

To save you a few minutes in line here is the link to buy the tourist card over the web:
    https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

Re: Tourist Card Online

used to buy them at the dominican consulate on broadway. last time i went there they said they did not have any. no one could tell me if or when they were getting more.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

has anyone printed this off and tried to use it at POP airport to see if it works there?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It works at all the airports. POP, SDQ, PUJ, STI

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    I got this link to avoid having to wait in line in the DR to pay the $10.00 fee. I pre pay and print it off and it saves time in lines. Since everything in the DR is so slow this helps. Santo Domingo airport is real slow that line is usually 30 minutes...

To save you a few minutes in line here is the link to buy the tourist card over the web:
    https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/
    Who controls the credit card information??

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

I'm I the only one who enjoys seeing someone stand in line for like 30 minutes only to watch them get sent back to get the $10 tourist card and stand in line all over again at SDQ???

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I'm I the only one who enjoys seeing someone stand in line for like 30 minutes only to watch them get sent back to get the $10 tourist card and stand in line all over again at SDQ???
    I get a perverse enjoyment watching the Canadian tourists when I fly down on Westjet. The flight attendants hand out the tourists cards on the plane and make a big announcement telling everyone to store them carefully as they will be needed when they leave the country. They get very concerned when an official takes it away from them 5 minutes after entering the airport!!!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Thanks Gmalet, worked great I just bought my card for Oct 6th, will try it at SDQ !!!
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    Thanks Gmalet, worked great I just bought my card for Oct 6th, will try it at SDQ !!!
    Glad it helped. I am one of those guys who gets all geeked up once I land. I want to get the hell out of the airport and get to partying!!

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

I am one of those guys who gets all geeked up once I land. I want to get the hell out of the airport and get to partying!!
    be be be . . . the lizard . . . serpentine serpentine . . . . they might move quick but Ima move quicker . . . places to go and chicas to fuck . . . nice link dude.

We always usta buy um in the USA @ EWR. been pushin 3 years since I needed 1 . . . I NEED 1 ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 1,690 Posts

I'm missing something.... Perhaps cause I've only flown in to POP. At POP you still have to wait in line to get to the dude who is taking your tourist card in the first place. Thats the only line that I've ever encountered a significant waiting game with. I'm purchasing the tourist card (takes like 10 secs for me, I only see people being held up who don't have exact change) while I'm literaly already waiting in line to get past their customs.

Did something go over my head? don't see how this speeds up the process in any significant matter to be honest. Nice concept though.

The real fast way to skip the lines is being the first off that plane
    The Game Should Be Sold Not Told

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to blazaveli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

only the 1 time did I get caught with my britches down.

Landed at the same time as a bunch of asshole Canadians (u know who u r ).

no tourist card ( I was drinkin with drunko @ 3 in the am and we forgot @ EWR. )

20 solid mins without a cigarette standin line . . . get it before landing ! ! ! THE ANTICIPATION ! ! !

YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE WHILE STANDING IN LINE SOOOOO CLOSE TO PARADISE ! ! !

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazaveli View Post
    I'm missing something.... Perhaps cause I've only flown in to POP. At POP you still have to wait in line to get to the dude who is taking your tourist card in the first place. Thats the only line that I've ever encountered a significant waiting game with. I'm purchasing the tourist card (takes like 10 secs for me, I only see people being held up who don't have exact change) while I'm literaly already waiting in line to get past their customs.

Did something go over my head? don't see how this speeds up the process in any significant matter to be honest. Nice concept though.

That is VERY TRUE.

Have not flown to POP in a while, but from what I recall you CAN get stuck behind a whole PLANE full of AI tourists, who all jam up the line, faast, so it is possible to have to wait like 30 mins.. seems hard to believe but its true.. Some of these AI people dont even know why they are waiting in line,much less do they have exact change ready..

Want to avoid the Card line,, fly to STI...
    get off the plane fast, Down the escalator, SHARP LEFT.... guess what , you the first one in the line, almost every single time..there is NEVER a line. You can even then make a run for the roped line to immigration and be one of the first 10 people.. seems only one plane at a time lands at STI, esp if its early AM, or I could be just lucky last 6x in a row.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

In POP it seems like there is always a long line to pay for the tourist card. If I buy the card on line can I then just skip that line, sneak under the rope and go to the guy taking the card? Is this correct??
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you buy the card online then you go directly to the guy that collects the tourist card and off to customs.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

If you buy the card online then you go directly to the guy that collects the tourist card and off to customs.
    At SDQ that guy or gyal is at the end of the line for DR immigrations. You go through them and to immigration 1st and then to the carousel for your bag and then to customs after hitting the Duty Free and the Brugal and Barcelo kiosks. That little Cuba Libre before customs is a nice touch. I'm glad they're still doing that.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 408 Posts

exactly what i was thinking. has anyone tried this out in POP?

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 1,690 Posts

Its very difficult to do because there are no gaps in the line between the tourist card station and where they actually take the card. Remember also they only have a select amount of stations at their customs desk which is where the guy taking your tourist card will direct you; so you are forced to wait to get to the customs desk regardless.

That kinda makes that tourist card line at POP somewhat of an illusion. Everybody is in line anyways to get past customs. If recall correctly, there are two lines. One to the right for residents and one to the left for tourists. Where you purchase the tourist card is to the left, stationed by where they give you the free shot of brugal. This is the same line you have to wait in anyhow to get through customs so all you are really doing is picking up the tourist card while you are already in line to get past customs which again you have to wait in line for anyway.

Not to mention if you try sneaking under the rope you are literaly going to be cutting in front of someone since there are no gaps so they won't be too happy about that

I just realized why that line never bothers me!!!! The free shot of brugal!!! Someone remind me to take a redbull on board and ask for my shot on the rocks so I can get an early start on my liquid crack!! props to TNT and VP on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    In POP it seems like there is always a long line to pay for the tourist card. If I buy the card on line can I then just skip that line, sneak under the rope and go to the guy taking the card? Is this correct??

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to blazaveli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Okay, I need to graduate to carry on mode for any of this to be a benefit.

No matter how long the lines, I have yet to get through to find my bag flying around the carousel. Guess I need "packing 101" again.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You go to the line that says residents because you don't need to buy the tourist card. Just give it to the guy before the customs booth and you are on your way.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information