Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 09/2012 - Tourist Card Online

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Re: 09/2012 - Tourist Card Online

This is why this site rocks, so the online tourist card is the best method for those who are cheap assholes like me, and want to save every dime possible.

I've used it on my last 8 trips, and have only paid for it twice, saved myself $60 bucks in the process, now I've only arrived via SDQ, so I'm not sure if this will work anywhere else, but it's pretty effective at SDQ.

What I did was purchased my first online tourist card back in July of 2013. When I arrived to SDQ I had the email printout, and had the email saved on my iPhone. When I got to the guy who collects them, I showed him the print out, he took a quick glance, and waved me through. I noticed he didn't even bother to input the confirmation number into the computer, or even check when I purchased it, so I made a note of that.

The next 4 times I arrived via SDQ, I had the same printout from that July 2013 trip, and all 4 times same deal, a quick glance, and a wave through. Knowing a Dominicans work ethic, to them it's not worth the 2 minute hassle of looking at the paper, and simply typing the confirmation number into their little computer kiosk, it's much easier just to wave me through. I did run into a dude who felt the need to actually make sure I didn't have a card that had expired, and got busted for it (It's valid only for one year) my next two trips I went back to my old tricks. Hopefully this info is useful to someone, save yourself $10 bucks. I also have a computer glitch I've discovered on Jetblue's system that will allow anyone to "purchase" an even more space seat ($35 dollars is what it cost tacked on to your airfare, and a couple more inches of legroom) for free. Besides my next upcoming trip, I've yet to pay the extra $35 dollars, yet fly in those seats every trip.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Re: 09/2012 - Tourist Card Online

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Human nature is strange. I still do not want to wait in a line even if I then have to wait for luggage.

I must be timing things right upon arrival. I've never waited more than five minutes for those damn things. Like as has been mentioned, the damn bags are the hang up. Time for carry on only maybe
    Vida es buena....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information