Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 09/2012 - Citynights 2012 XMAS & NEW YEARS Dec.19-Jan.5

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

09/2012 - Citynights 2012 XMAS & NEW YEARS Dec.19-Jan.5

I will be in the Dominican Republic from Dec.19th to Jan.5th...Because I could not find a flight into POP.. I have to fly into PUJ & leave the same way....No Worries ...I am staying overnight in Punt Cana...actually its Fruisa. I found a great room place at Hotel 2 Bavaro for $39...Its a short walk to the Bavaro Expresso Bus terminal from there.

I will be catching the bus in the morning to Santo Domingo for 375 pesos & staying the night perhaps the Razoir Hotel $50...a short walk to 305...2500 pesos...

In the morning catching the Metro to Sousa for 360 pesos where I will be staying for 14 nights at the Sousa Suites.
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Re: Citynights 2012 XMAS & NEW YEARS Dec.19-Jan.5

Nice Christmas present to yourself
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    I will be in the Dominican Republic from Dec.19th to Jan.5th...Because I could not find a flight into POP.. I have to fly into PUJ & leave the same way....No Worries ...I am staying overnight in Punt Cana...actually its Fruisa. I found a great room place at Hotel 2 Bavaro for $39...Its a short walk to the Bavaro Expresso Bus terminal from there.

I will be catching the bus in the morning to Santo Domingo for 375 pesos & staying the night perhaps the Razoir Hotel $50...a short walk to 305...2500 pesos...

In the morning catching the Metro to Sousa for 360 pesos where I will be staying for 14 nights at the Sousa Suites.
    Whoa! You couldn't find flights into Santo Domingo? Lot of time on the road there...
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Whoa! You couldn't find flights into Santo Domingo? Lot of time on the road there...
    There is a small window to get a flight into POP at a decent price....about $800.....at that time of year I missed it....now its around $1000 one way...my chicas need my pesos so I am making the sarifice of flying to punta cana....& doing the road trip..
    No, there was no flights to santo domingo.... from up in Canada....just westjet & aircanada are my only choices at that time of year going 3X to POP a week or daily to PUJ... there is one charter but they do not get going till around xmas...

But I am not complaining....I have enjoyed my overnight stays in punta cana & santo dominngo...there are always girls... to keep me company.. everytime I am thru Santo Domingo I see some more of it & the chiicas...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

if there anyone in santo domingo on dec. 20th....& want a wingman...check out the sites.. then head over to GBP.... then onto to 305 for some takkeout...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

I'm looking at similar dates and Toronto to POP is $1200!

I have not looked too hard at STI and SDQ and having flown into Punta Cana once I'm all for avoiding that if I can.

Not sure if you know but you can fly in a little 12 seater turbo prop from PUJ to POP for around $150-175 each way. Takes an hour or so in the air. It's not cheap but saves 2 days travel and related expenses!

I flew POP to PUJ way back when, when it was only $120 all in one way and would recommend it.

If I can find a return flight into POP or STI for no more than $800 I'm in, otherwise it looks like I might be making my virgin voyage to the Philippines!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

I have not looked too hard at STI and SDQ and having flown into Punta Cana once I'm all for avoiding that if I can.

Not sure if you know but you can fly in a little 12 seater turbo prop from PUJ to POP for around $150-175 each way. Takes an hour or so in the air. It's not cheap but saves 2 days travel and related expenses!

I flew POP to PUJ way back when, when it was only $120 all in one way and would recommend it.

If I can find a return flight into POP or STI for no more than $800 I'm in, otherwise it looks like I might be making my virgin voyage to the Philippines!
    Could you give us the details of those flights?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Could you give us the details of those flights?
    This is the company I used. I believe there are others as well but not sure of their details.

http://www.takeoffweb.com/id2.html

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't look at it as two days travel....though I was not too crazy about staying in Punta Cana..but .Day 1 overnite in puntacana....the hotel I booked is away from the beach closer to local bars & resturants...I am looking to see if there are $1000-1500 pesos girls there....I believe once you get of the beaten path... you will find it

Day 2...traveling to santo domingo the next day by the Bavaro Expesso bus...3hours plus...I always have a chica come sit beside me for the trip... great company & the time passes by quickly...

I like getting into SD early....drop the bags off & explore a new part of the city...but there is always a stop GNP....1500 pesos happy hour... in the evening there is
    Club 305 for a nite cap...

Day 3....traveling to Sousa in the morning by way the Metro Bus...repeat of the express bus....repeat of cute chica sitting besides me...great company ...time flys & I am getting off the bus in sousa...a short 2 minute walk to Rockys..the Party starts... so does that sound like 2 days travel.....

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: Citynights 2012 XMAS & NEW YEARS Dec.19-Jan.5

Sounds like you've got it all nicely planned and are doing it your way! I've bussed from PC thru SD to Sosua in one day and it sucked ass...so I flew back!

For the rest of us at least there's a fairly priced flight as an alternative, jejeje.

I hope you're trips is awesome...and I'm trying to make an appearance...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

The dr is great during Christmas and New Years. I've been going there then for several years. You're going to have a great time!
    SouthCoast

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like you've got it all nicely planned and are doing it your way! I've bussed from PC thru SD to Sosua in one day and it sucked ass...so I flew back!

For the rest of us at least there's a fairly priced flight as an alternative, jejeje.

I hope you're trips is awesome...and I'm trying to make an appearance...
    yes I did once......last year..I wanted to try to get there in one day...it was up early 0700 local bus....caught the 0800 bavaro expresso ...arrived about 1200 in SD...I found a metro going to POP..1400...arrived in POP at about 1745....walked out to the street caught a public taxi to sousa...50 pesos...not sure how long it took to get to sousa....yesI did it in a day....but I rather not do it this way.... when you have the time to enjoy... if you have a great nightyou can catch up on your sleep & be ready for what the night brings you...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not that we're competing ...but ; I was on a 5:00am bus in Bavaro and walked into Rocky's about 1:24pm. I was moving almost non-stop until I saw Marc, who was amazed at how fast it was. I then realized that I could not possibly manage a similar return and booked the flight back to PC, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    yes I did once......last year..I wanted to try to get there in one day...it was up early 0700 local bus....caught the 0800 bavaro expresso ...arrived about 1200 in SD...I found a metro going to POP..1400...arrived in POP at about 1745....walked out to the street caught a public taxi to sousa...50 pesos...not sure how long it took to get to sousa....yesI did it in a day....but I rather not do it this way.... when you have the time to enjoy... if you have a great nightyou can catch up on your sleep & be ready for what the night brings you...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not that we're competing ...but ; I was on a 5:00am bus in Bavaro and walked into Rocky's about 1:24pm. I was moving almost non-stop until I saw Marc, who was amazed at how fast it was. I then realized that I could not possibly manage a similar return and booked the flight back to PC, lol.
    I could never make a 0500 bus.....I would had to stay up all night....eh I may have to do that... staying up all nith with a chica....

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I starting to get some of the goodies that I am bringing down.... just waiting to see what I have to order for xmas for some of sousa friends..santa promises to be good..

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks

city i will be at bb on 27th hope to see you during the weekend

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trymounting For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trymounting View Post
    city i will be at bb on 27th hope to see you during the weekend
    I may pop into BB for the contests...maybe we will meet up... Black Beards is not close to Sousa....but you should go there & checkout the town & beach...
    you can catch me at rockys when I am having breakfast...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

TIME is going by SIXTY (60) more days to go...just reading reports on SD...will be there from noon to following morning till I catch the metro to sousa...will be hitting GNP for a good afternoon start...they have two girl special for 1500 pesos...a good way to start the day..

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

THIRTY DAYS TILL I TOUCH DOWN IN DR...

After seeing the baseball report I think I will try to catch a game since there will be NO FUCKING HOCKEY TO WATCH when I am down there..

I usually catch some games at CC....

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Westjet out of Toronto is good if u can b flexible. I got a return flight for $650 to pop.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tba For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information