Thread: Scuba Operators In Sosua?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

Scuba Operators In Sosua?

For those of you gents who have scuba dived in Sosua, which scuba operators do you recommend?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Re: Scuba Operators In Sosua?

Only one, Northern Coast Diving. They are a full Padi shop and will make sure you have a safe, enjoyable dive. I went from uncertified to full open water scuba instructor with them 4 years ago and know they run a tight ship. No, I don't work there any longer but would go back there in a heartbeat if I didn't have other options to keep me busy.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care and enjoy,

Rick

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Hello ExoticSpirit,
    Northern Coast Diving is the oldest and largest diving center on the island's beautiful north coast. We dive Sosua bay and Rio San Juan.
    We operate 7 days a week for your diving pleasure. We can be found on the web or contacted by phone at 809-571-1028. We are a 3 minute
    walk from Rocky's, one of the best establishments in Sosua. Lets get wet together!!

Mike
    Owner
    Northern Coast Diving

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I dove with the guys at North Coast, they are a good group of guys. Run a professional shop, and were a class act while I was with them for 3 days.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beconnreconn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

I ended up diving with Scuba Dive Sosua - awesome service. The owner, Pablo, even arranged free transit for me from Blackbeard's to Sosua and got me a ride to the airport as well during my departure day. I hope he replaces the dive operator that Blackbeard's use to recommend since they refuse to pick up divers anymore.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Dive Center Merlin, down in the parking area below Sosua Bay, is another good option. I dove with them in December 2013, and they're careful, competent, and well-prepared. They are also more "relaxed" (read, "conservative") about their dive schedule - no rush to get in two dives before lunch; they do a morning dive, return to the beach for a 2 hour surface-interval break (lunchtime), and then go back out for one dive in the afternoon.

The owner and most of the staff are from Germany; they speak German amongst themselves, which was a bit awkward for me at first, but everyone I dealt with is fluent in English. They are also thoroughly expert at diving, and they helped me shed 2 lbs of lead out of my weight-pockets. And they arranged transport for me, to/from Field Of Dreams, for my last day of diving with them.

I'm very likely to dive with them again in March.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information