Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/2012 - Club X reopening?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

Re: Club X reopening?

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    I went in one night with a buddy, for about 12 seconds.....no one in there that I'd care to hang with and less than 10 people in total. This was about 12ish one night. Place looked decent though.....but empty
    They stopped me when I was walking by and said "Just take a look!" I walked in, took a look around.. Decent enough place but not a soul that was not paid to be there and the music felt loud enough to break windows. I immediately turned around and headed out and they actually physically blocked me at the door for a few seconds "Why you leave? Why you leave?"

They are marketing it pretty heavily, they seem to think that if they can get a critical mass they will be the next "it" place or something.

I think the best idea for Sosua now if you enjoy going to the nightclubs is going to D'latin, picking a girl up/out fairly early, then head out to POP to one of their dance clubs.. Or do the POP dance clubs first and go back to D'Latin afterwards to find someone if you have no luck in POP.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Any updates ? Is Club X still closed ?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

Club X was owned by Amando of Classico's. He still may own it and may have passed management/rental duties to someone else hoping to turn some form of rental income profit. Classico's and Club X have exactly what the "establishment" wants. Nightspots that have controlled entrance's and can keep minors out and consenting adults,.."in", behind closed doors. Just like the After 1 Club. All 3 of the venues have air conditioning and dance floors. But because of that amenity, that requires a entrance fee to pay the utilities. This would be a great opportunity for a Sosua resident that was charming and good looking to step up and be a hawker at the door or try to encourage chicas to come check it out. Hell they might even want to throw a few themed parties there if the price is right. Bachata and Merenge dancing as well as a little hip-hop? If they can have a Bikini contest at that swanky resort/theme park in Puerto Plata why not in Sosua??? Aren't you guys tired of the sweat box of D Latin ???? Build it and they will come.

5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    Club X was owned by Amando of Classico's. He still may own it and may have passed management/rental duties to someone else hoping to turn some form of rental income profit. Classico's and Club X have exactly what the "establishment" wants. Nightspots that have controlled entrance's and can keep minors out and consenting adults,.."in", behind closed doors. Just like the After 1 Club. All 3 of the venues have air conditioning and dance floors. But because of that amenity, that requires a entrance fee to pay the utilities. This would be a great opportunity for a Sosua resident that was charming and good looking to step up and be a hawker at the door or try to encourage chicas to come check it out. Hell they might even want to throw a few themed parties there if the price is right. Bachata and Merenge dancing as well as a little hip-hop? If they can have a Bikini contest at that swanky resort/theme park in Puerto Plata why not in Sosua??? Aren't you guys tired of the sweat box of D Latin ???? Build it and they will come.
    Ain't no-one in their right mind gonna pay the US$5,500 monthly lease on that place.

Armando has never owned Club X.

7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Ain't no-one in their right mind gonna pay the US$5,500 monthly lease on that place.

Armando has never owned Club X.
    For a while I think it was the owner of El Flow?

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

I could count the tourists on less than two hands the past few weeks, NO locals are going to pay a cover charge.
    This may not be exactly the best time to open a club catering to mongers in Sosua.

PS: That entire block is Dominican owned, and was never owned or leased by Armando.
    Talk to the owner of Cafe Cubano, a tenant next door, if you want accurate information.
    Last edited by MisterPink; 08-20-2013 at 08:13 AM.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

YES,, and Nooooo..
    I agree with your business Savvy and Ideas... but NOO, it dont work in Sosua.. In Sosua, building it, only means you may go broke.
    Citylights got their asses handed to them so far.. It takes a lot more than this " build a nice spot and they will come" to make it in Sosua.
    But it is possible that Citylights is just too far a walk from the center of town..

But more so, The fact that Armando has NOT as of yet successfully relaunched the Remodeled Classicos proves it.
    Its as Bizzare as it gets for that Clasicos is NOT be open & jumping every weekend...
    and you think ANOTHER club would be a good idea ?

I agreed with what you said before, Definitely the RIGHT TIME, but not for an additional new club, it would have to be a known spot like Classicos to generate the excitement again... After watching Citilights fail miserably, I highly doubt any other club has even a remote chance..
    Anyone is welcome to try though.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Once again, Club X is reopening.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Once again, Club X is reopening.

Click to see pic
    And they're not kidding around, either. El Alfa? Place is gonna be mobbed.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

Reopens & closes every year....😋
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    Reopens & closes every year....😋

At at there's one thing consistent in Sosua..........
    Vida es buena....

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I looked him up on youtube. pure crap

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    I looked him up on youtube. pure crap
    I dunno,

I really liked "Subete En El Caballo" . with the sound turned OFF...

No seriously,, look it up and watch it ..

you will love the Video " content".. thank me after..
    LOL

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: 10/2012 - Club X reopening?

This kid has a nice flow. And has defiantly been influenced by NY rappers.

You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

haha
    that be the BRONX in that video for SURE..

where is that first Scene, Zerega Ave me thinks ?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    At at there's one thing consistent in Sosua..........
    Seville is very consistent in his routine. He's almost consistent with chicas now. Same fat chica for a long time.
    Must be love

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    Seville is very consistent in his routine. He's almost consistent with chicas now. Same fat chica for a long time.
    Must be love

do I need to pack my winter parka?...............hell surely has frozen over

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@JD...The whole video is shot in the BX, as I'm sure you know! He is defiantly Dom York via the BX. I know 90% of the places in the video. The gas station is across from my job. But the opening scene. Either Zerega or Hunts point. I can't put my finger on it.

Here is the video I meant to post..

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yeagh, Hunts point sounds right.. I missed the 2 A&J ? Produce Trucks the first time...

Man I really miss the Bronx.. sounds strange ,right.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    yeagh, Hunts point sounds right.. I missed the 2 A&J ? Produce Trucks the first time...

Man I really miss the Bronx.. sounds strange ,right.
    Doesn't sound strange to me at all .. Arthur ave, Gun hill for caribean, everywhere for spanish, 24 hour stores everywhere. Irish after hour spots... Yankee Staduim, Sin City...Washington Heights just across the bridge. There is something I love about cruising down the concourse! To me it's heaven. And now we have salsa con fuego..

I had Ster in the salsa for a Don Omar concert. He loved it. He made mention of returning.. Hanzo enjoy the place as well on a different night. We finally have a nice night club, at least on Friday and Saturday night. I'd stay away from the place sunday, monday, and thursday.

Best part is the crowd comes from all over. I have picked up women from ct, l.i., nj, and on Friday one from Allentown pa... she's peruvian and sleeping over saturday..

Sorry for thread jack..

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information