Thread: Weekend Visitors stranded due to Hurricane Sandy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 186 Posts

Weekend Visitors stranded due to Hurricane Sandy

From Sosua-News:

Dozens of visitors from New York, Boston and New Jersey could not return on Monday after a weekend in Sosúa. There were, because of the hurricane Sandy, 32 flights from airports Las Americas, Puerto Plata, Santiago and Punta Cana canceled. Many of the partygoers had not actually counted on it to stay a few days longer in Sosúa and had some trouble to tie up loose ends. The return flights will be resumed as soon as possible and then these poor stranded partygoers can return home safely.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3138&article=1

I wonder how many WW had to call family or friends back home for money just to get by for the unexpected stay.
    Last edited by mistertonite; 10-31-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: forgot to include link

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mistertonite For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Re: Weekend Visitors stranded due to Hurricane Sandy

Can't believe JetBlue cancelled all their flights to POP since Sunday. There also is no flight tomorrow (Thursday) that's almost 5 extra days for the WW. But I got to say if I had to get stuck Sosua is not a bad place. They just had to cut back on making it rain. Next week those JFK flights will be packed going both ways.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,991 Times in 444 Posts

This may sound funny but...I have a strange feeling these chicas are watching the news and know that next week will be a busy 1!
    Last edited by GREEKFREAK; 10-31-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GREEKFREAK For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Jet blue just added two more flights today to STI from jfk, too bad I had cancelled

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    Can't believe JetBlue cancelled all their flights to POP since Sunday. There also is no flight tomorrow (Thursday) that's almost 5 extra days for the WW. But I got to say if I had to get stuck Sosua is not a bad place. They just had to cut back on making it rain. Next week those JFK flights will be packed going both ways.

Not a bad place if you got the funds to enjoy the extended stay, if not it could be torture, all those sexy chicas, and no funds to enjoy their charms, eat, drink, and stay in a hotel.

We have all seen the WW who came down, just for 3 nights, and over extended himself, and had to borrow from friends on the ground, or have money sent. These guys could be shit out of luck, cause their crew may be tapped as well, and they can't even communicate with their people back in NY and NJ who have plenty of problems of their own. Imagine being in NY, stuck with no food, power and water, freezing your ass off, and if your boy can communicate with you by cell phone, and he would have to be real lucky, he's in the Carribbean in 85 degree temps, fucking hot Dominicanas and he's asking you for help. Don't think it's going to happen for the avg. WW. Most don't have contingency plans, and even if they did, under the current Northeast conditions, even those may be out the window.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Alot of guys are stuck and broke.. No Making it Rain !!
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Alot of guys are stuck and broke.. No Making it Rain !!
    No money...no honey...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    No money...no honey...
    one would think that the chicas that they had would help out during these tough days and nights
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

There are currently way more dudes in the Western Union lines than chicas. That would make for a great pic!

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post

There are currently way more dudes in the Western Union lines than chicas. That would make for a great pic!
    I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Not a bad place if you got the funds to enjoy the extended stay, if not it could be torture, all those sexy chicas, and no funds to enjoy their charms, eat, drink, and stay in a hotel.

We have all seen the WW who came down, just for 3 nights, and over extended himself, and had to borrow from friends on the ground, or have money sent. These guys could be shit out of luck, cause their crew may be tapped as well, and they can't even communicate with their people back in NY and NJ who have plenty of problems of their own. Imagine being in NY, stuck with no food, power and water, freezing your ass off, and if your boy can communicate with you by cell phone, and he would have to be real lucky, he's in the Carribbean in 85 degree temps, fucking hot Dominicanas and he's asking you for help. Don't think it's going to happen for the avg. WW. Most don't have contingency plans, and even if they did, under the current Northeast conditions, even those may be out the window.
    Anybody who's dumb enough to travel 2,000 miles away from home to the a foreign Caribbean country during hurricane season without some "just-in-case-of-shit" money in the bank deserves to be tortured. I have travelled with one or two of them before....Never Again.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post

U hit it right on the nose....Im not leaving till Monday the 5th and been here since Wed oct 24. and thinkink of extending till the 9th or longer . Been having a blast with the NY crew, pics and all after i get back... if I get back__ I always make sure I call my bank to let them know im out of country in case I need cash....and they dont freeze my account!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    U hit it right on the nose....Im not leaving till Monday the 5th and been here since Wed oct 24. and thinkink of extending till the 9th or longer . Been having a blast with the NY crew, pics and all after i get back... if I get back__
    Root for our Giants Jimbo....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

I would have loved to be in town when this happened. I am just curious. I know they did not go back to the villas! Those are the stories that I want to hear.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was stuck out there. Thank goodness I got paid with automatic direct deposit from my job so I just hit up the banco popular and I was good. The party continued on my extended vacation.
    There's one life, One love, So there can only be one king - nas

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr QBX For This Useful Post:

Thread Information