Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is It Possible To Get DR Pesos In Canada?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Re: Is It Possible To Get DR Pesos In Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    the DR sucks when comes to exchanging canadian dollar for pesos...even when our dollar was 2 cents more than US exchange you would lucky to get the same as the US dollar for pesos...I like to keep tabs & use Wallys exchange in caberate to see what the daily rates are..it gives his rate,dominican bank rate, yahoo world rate..

it always costs 110-120 pesos per hundred X 10= 1100-1200 pesos= 27.77-30.30 dollars in DR per 1000 CAD...
    Exchange in canada is $20 per 1000 US.....2 cents a dollar....

todays exchange would cost me $14 CAD for 1000 US...in canada

Wally rate today
    US dollar=39.60
    CAD dollar=38.50
    today would of cost me 27.77-14=$13.77 or 545 pesos...that BJ is the suck shack...6 to 8 beers..a great fucking dinner...it adds up..exchanging 2000 is a daytime ST=1000 pesos plus motorconcho... but if someone has a better deal....please tell...
    It used to be much worse changing Loonies in the DR.

Wally`s is a good example of a good cambio and he typically dings CDN$ for 3%.
    If the CDN$ is worth $1.03 US on the forex markets, the peso exchange at a good cambio will be roughly equal to that of the US$.

This is not bad at all and is comparable to the cost to buy US$ at a bank or the currency exchange fee charged by the VISA/MC networks.
    Considering local and foreign ATM fees and some ridiculous tiny withdrawal amounts at some ATM, CDN cash can be better than the ATM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information