Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dress Codes In Sosua Bars/Clubs?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

Dress Codes In Sosua Bars/Clubs?

Just wondering if there is a dress code (even if unwritten) in bars and clubs in Sosua like Classico's - are shorts and jeans (if cooler wet weather) okay? What about tank tops?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: Dress Codes In Sosua Bars/Clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by exoticspirit View Post
    Just wondering if there is a dress code (even if unwritten) in bars and clubs in Sosua like Classico's - are shorts and jeans (if cooler wet weather) okay? What about tank tops?
    In Classico's the rules are no hats, no tank tops. Everything/everywhere else is whatever your feeling. Personally, I prefer to wear pants out a night just like I would at home, but you can wear shorts. You should probably change out of your swim trunks and put shoes on though.

You can get chicas regardless of how you dress or look, but since the chicas get dolled up and bring their best gear (most at least) out to Classico's, I believe in looking and being as presentable as I would be at a club at home. This shows that you give a damn a little and may make the chica experience more enjoyable. Just my opinion.

Thanks

I realize that I will be inviting mucho hatred, but as a matter of repect....
    Personal de Dominicano respecto respecto vestido adecuado. pantalones cortos para la playa y pantalones de larga para la noche.
    Heh Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    In Classico's the rules are no hats, no tank tops. Everything/everywhere else is whatever your feeling. Personally, I prefer to wear pants out a night just like I would at home, but you can wear shorts. You should probably change out of your swim trunks and put shoes on though.

You can get chicas regardless of how you dress or look, but since the chicas get dolled up and bring their best gear (most at least) out to Classico's, I believe in looking and being as presentable as I would be at a club at home. This shows that you give a damn a little and may make the chica experience more enjoyable. Just my opinion.

well said and thoughtful post but since i dont pack pants its shorts 24/7 when on vaca for me
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRCowboy View Post
    I realize that I will be inviting mucho hatred, but as a matter of repect....
    Personal de Dominicano respecto respecto vestido adecuado. pantalones cortos para la playa y pantalones de larga para la noche.
    It's been said many times before that away from the tourist areas, Dominicans don't wear shorts at night. Many don't wear them at all. In Santiago or La Capital if you go out at night in shorts you might as well be whiter than a sheet of paper and have pink hair (not that there's anything wrong with that.lol) because you'll stick out like a sore thumb as a gringo tourist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    well said and thoughtful post but since i dont pack pants its shorts 24/7 when on vaca for me
    I often end up staying in shorts at night in Sosua more than planned, but a decent shirt and shoes make a man still look clean.

I just like to give the newbies a little food for thought. You can get chicas looking like shit and smelling worse as long as you have pesos. However, a clean looking/smelling dude will present a more pleasurable chica/monger experience to the ladies.

Thanks

I often end up staying in shorts at night in Sosua more than planned, but a decent shirt and shoes make a man still look clean.

I just like to give the newbies a little food for thought. You can get chicas looking like shit and smelling worse as long as you have pesos. However, a clean looking/smelling dude will present a more pleasurable chica/monger experience to the ladies.
    so true and the first thing i do when i land is sss get that airplane bo off me
    and then hit the stroll (in whatever country i am in)

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

If you are in Sosua you may well meet Robert 13212 and be invited to accompany him. A little tip. He always warms to men wearing speedos.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

By all means do you. Dress in the manner that comforts you. It won't stop your action, but most of the chicks prefer that you dress somewhat stylish or at least age and income appropriate. Domincans like flair and confidence.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

Thanks guys, I'll probably go shorts and t-shirt/tank top during the daytime and blue or black jeans and golf shirt during nighttime. I'll be wearing the only one pair of long pants I plan to bring on the plane down since it's always quite cool inside airplanes. Clean sneakers to top off either look should do it then.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

If you decide to go to a disco outside a tourist area, they will not let you in in shorts, sneakers, ect. Same as in the US.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

As a 270lb weightlifting yellow man, pants isn't gonna make me fit in, especially with my Jackie Chan celebrity status, I'm wearing shorts.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Dress for success Sousa style
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

If you really want to find out what is appropriate dress for a night on the town in Sosua let one of those girls help you choose your attire. I guarantee she's not going to suggest shorts, sandles, or an oversized t-shirt.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Just make sure you have some rubbers. Don't know how many times I've had dudes I don't know try to bum some rubbers off me in Clasicos or After One.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

It's been said many times before that away from the tourist areas, Dominicans don't wear shorts at night. Many don't wear them at all. In Santiago or La Capital if you go out at night in shorts you might as well be whiter than a sheet of paper and have pink hair (not that there's anything wrong with that.lol) because you'll stick out like a sore thumb as a gringo tourist.
    Dominicans say that shorts are for women or little kids.
    I went with my "uncle" his social club so meet his socios. this was my 1st time in la capital, i were going to a bbq. i wore very ralph lauren shorts, and a Ralph Lauren Oxford shirt. the guys asked my 'uncle' where are we going, we said to a bbq,

Socio - "que? en pantalones cortes!"
    Uncle - "son gringos!"
    Socio - "no importa"

Since then i walk around in long pants.

For sosua do what you want, just be clean, you asked 'what to wear' so i can assume that you like to look good.

A lots of people wear long pants at night to cover there legs, if its damp there can be many mosquitos. Wear things that makes you comfortable
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Exoticspirit? First you want rocknroll and now you ask about a dress code? Its a WHORE town.. Wear what you want.. Now if you want to fit in with the dominicans wear jeans and a nice t shirt or polo.. I highly recommend this if you leave sosua. Otherwise wear whatever the hell you want.

There are no rules or dresscodes, Just whores who will take your pesos if you got shitty boxers and holes in your sox.. enjoy
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

31. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

If you show your face in Puerto Plata without a suit, necktie and neatly folded kerchief in your breast pocket I will have you run out of town.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    If you show your face in Puerto Plata without a suit, necktie and neatly folded kerchief in your breast pocket I will have you run out of town.

i outgrew all my suits in the 90s and do not even own any today

no one even wears suits to funerals in this day and age.......except the over 80 crowd

and the only time you will even catch me in a tux is when one of my kids gets married

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Every time I have been in my hotel room with a different chica(Haitiana or Dominicana) getting ready to go out for

the night,,,,I always put a dress shirt on and ask them what they think,,,,They always say thats nice ,,,,and then go

through my luggage and pull out a sleeveless shirt and say " papi,,,,my gusto",,,and I end up with the sleeveless

shirt.

I tried the pants thing a couple of times,,,,,but Damn that gets hot,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information