Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 11/2012 - Boca Chica Hotel Garant Nov 2012

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Re: 11/2012 - Boca Chica Hotel Garant Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    The Garant definitely looks nice, but has any one ever stayed recently at the Zapata Hotel? I vaguely remember some people praising the place years ago.

There were a lot of mixed opinions about the Zapata years ago. Some good, but quite a few not so good.

Roughly ten years ago, the owner wanted it to be a family hotel, but wanted mongers to stay there too. He didn't treat the monger ones very well. I and a friend went there once with our wives, and they really treated her (us) badly.

The guy's son practically called my wife a whore.

There was also a disco next door that belonged to a hotel further back off of the beach, and it would go until 3-4 every morning, making sleep damn near impossible.

But ten years is a long time, and somebody should take one for the team and check it out again and report back.

I bet Yayow could tell us something, and I bet it wouldn't be too monger friendly.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Garant is like home...It is perfect monger hotel...with pool and seats....Granted it is a 2-3 star hotel but something about it makes it a great monger hotel....The corner rooms are great if you playa like me...haha...

Thing with Boca I noticed is the hotels on the beach in monger duerte area are all OLD and run down. Minkys place is OLD...his room wasnt bad as he had penthouse...but forget the others...Big Dave left pronto....Rafas place looked old....I stayed at Italian place near Yayow...not bad but still like the Garant better. That new place X stayed at is new but you have to go through restaurant...

Jimmy and I walked through the brand new hotel on the beach near rafas place....200usd a night...didnt have a monger feel to it....no bueno...but yimmy loved the pool...145 for rooms looking at road....this is place they tore down all the shacks on beach....big bucks italian dude bought it supposedly....

The Valencia is the bomb where Grey stays when he was a playa...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Garant is like home...It is perfect monger hotel...with pool and seats....Granted it is a 2-3 star hotel but something about it makes it a great monger hotel....The corner rooms are great if you playa like me...haha...

Thing with Boca I noticed is the hotels on the beach in monger duerte area are all OLD and run down. Minkys place is OLD...his room wasnt bad as he had penthouse...but forget the others...Big Dave left pronto....Rafas place looked old....I stayed at Italian place near Yayow...not bad but still like the Garant better. That new place X stayed at is new but you have to go through restaurant...

Jimmy and I walked through the brand new hotel on the beach near rafas place....200usd a night...didnt have a monger feel to it....no bueno...but yimmy loved the pool...145 for rooms looking at road....this is place they tore down all the shacks on beach....big bucks italian dude bought it supposedly....

The Valencia is the bomb where Grey stays when he was a playa...
    The true value of Villa Florencia is the 2 and 3 BR apartments. 1BR at $100 a night is okay, considering the opulence but 3 Guys in a 3BR for $175 with a balcony that stretches across all bedrooms and the living room, washing machine, fully stocked gourmet kitchen with dishwasher and a view to die for is the shit. Every Chica who walks in the door leaves her thong somewhere between there and the bedroom. Most don't make it past the living room pit so don't be hating.

Also, don't hate on El Capitan. As long as you can get one of the sea-view terrace apartments you are guaranteed a degree of satisfaction with your choice.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    The true value of Villa Florencia is the 2 and 3 BR apartments. 1BR at $100 a night is okay, considering the opulence but 3 Guys in a 3BR for $175 with a balcony that stretches across all bedrooms and the living room, washing machine, fully stocked gourmet kitchen with dishwasher and a view to die for is the shit. Every Chica who walks in the door leaves her thong somewhere between there and the bedroom. Most don't make it past the living room pit so don't be hating.

Also, don't hate on El Capitan. As long as you can get one of the sea-view terrace apartments you are guaranteed a degree of satisfaction with your choice.
    They didn't show us any three bedrooms.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    There are 2 up on the top floor and you have to book them well in advance. There are two booking agents for this property, one is Italian and the other is Dominican and they represent separate business interests. The Dominican Guy (can't find his card) got us the better deals. All the apartments are owned by Italian families who come into town seasonally and rented out the rest of the year. It's a good deal for them and a good deal for us.

The watchie-man there is cool as Hell and he's really more of a concierge. when I get there I give him a list and gets a moto-kid to bring water, booze, snacks, Punani, massage Lady, whatever. They have a Husband and Wife housekeeping team and for a small consideration they keep your place immaculate. I caught them shining the glass teardrops hanging from the chandelier. It's the people who work there who bring the real opulence to the place and every tome I stayed there I went away feeling spoiled. I can't even count the times that we were out in front of the place just kicking it with the watchie-man and scooped up some cuties headed down the hill to El Batey who never made it there that night or else got there late with extra cash and dick on their breath.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are 2 up on the top floor and you have to book them well in advance. There are two booking agents for this property, one is Italian and the other is Dominican and they represent separate business interests. The Dominican Guy (can't find his card) got us the better deals. All the apartments are owned by Italian families who come into town seasonally and rented out the rest of the year. It's a good deal for them and a good deal for us.

The watchie-man there is cool as Hell and he's really more of a concierge. when I get there I give him a list and gets a moto-kid to bring water, booze, snacks, Punani, massage Lady, whatever. They have a Husband and Wife housekeeping team and for a small consideration they keep your place immaculate. I caught them shining the glass teardrops hanging from the chandelier. It's the people who work there who bring the real opulence to the place and every tome I stayed there I went away feeling spoiled. I can't even count the times that we were out in front of the place just kicking it with the watchie-man and scooped up some cuties headed down the hill to El Batey who never made it there that night or else got there late with extra cash and dick on their breath.
    For $70 a night, I would stay there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    I think you are getting hotels mixed up. Grey is talking about Valencia which is that big hotel kinda behind Garant away from beach....

We toured the brand new hotel/condo hotel on the beach that Grey hasnt seen because it is brand new....We didnt tour Valenica...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think you are getting hotels mixed up. Grey is talking about Valencia which is that big hotel kinda behind Garant away from beach....

We toured the brand new hotel/condo hotel on the beach that Grey hasnt seen because it is brand new....We didnt tour Valenica...
    We have something new to do in December.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Does the "brand new hotel" have a name? It looks like BC is getting serious about being a vacay destination.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does the "brand new hotel" have a name? It looks like BC is getting serious about being a vacay destination.
    I didn't ask. I was too busy looking around. Anyone down there can get me a name and I will add it to my report.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

It's about fucking time.

Villa Florencia is over the top nice, and there's a hotel where the BoatHouse Bar used to be, but it looks like some folks are finally getting serious about converting the place.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    It's about fucking time.

Villa Florencia is over the top nice, and there's a hotel where the BoatHouse Bar used to be, but it looks like some folks are finally getting serious about converting the place.
    I dont know if this new hotel is going to make it with those prices...I think theire target market is higher end Italians...maybe it will suceed...you guys would be shocked how they bulldozed all the bars and chairs in front of the hotel...money talks...low end beach chairs and bars walk.....

Grey the name is something "residence" I cant find it on google...too new....I will ask yayow....

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I dont know if this new hotel is going to make it with those prices...I think theire target market is higher end Italians...maybe it will suceed...you guys would be shocked how they bulldozed all the bars and chairs in front of the hotel...money talks...low end beach chairs and bars walk.....

Grey the name is something "residence" I cant find it on google...too new....I will ask yayow....
    They will never be full, year round.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information