Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal amounts at Progreso Bank in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 391 Posts

Withdrawal amounts at Progreso Bank in Sosua

Found something interesting today about withdrawal limits at Progreso Bank in Sosua next to Super Super. Of course what you can withdraw is dependent on what amount your bank will allow, but Progreso allows you to withdraw 40 banknotes total in one transaction. So it depends on what size banknote they have in the machine. If they have 1000 notes you could withdraw 40000 pesos at a whack, 500 notes 20000 pesos. Today they had 1000 pesos notes in the machine. I didn't test the limit, but it did let me withdraw 20000 pesos in one transaction.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Re: Withdrawal amounts at Progreso Bank in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Choirboy View Post
    Found something interesting today about withdrawal limits at Progreso Bank in Sosua next to Super Super. Of course what you can withdraw is dependent on what amount your bank will allow, but Progreso allows you to withdraw 40 banknotes total in one transaction. So it depends on what size banknote they have in the machine. If they have 1000 notes you could withdraw 40000 pesos at a whack, 500 notes 20000 pesos. Today they had 1000 pesos notes in the machine. I didn't test the limit, but it did let me withdraw 20000 pesos in one transaction.
    Always, this bank gives 20,000 pesos.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

I have pulled up to 30,000 pesos at one time, my daily allowance. Spreads the $ 8 fee over more dollars.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

will that last you till I get down there... or will the wife have all spent & I may have to borrow you some...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Unless you were living here and had an account, why bother using ATMs??

I always bring cash. The street guys give decent rates and you can always go to WU if you want a near perfect rate.
    Why risk getting your card swiped. or scanned and then having to deal with your bank to recover what could be taken??
    Not to mention the foreign transaction fees?? and it will not give you enough to cover your whole trip, so now you have to stop at the ATM multiple times in one trip.
    bring cash. Almost all hotels have a safe, exchange it and keep in in your safe. Just take what you need to have on you for the day or night and you will be fine.

I do not to use any CC or ATM/Debit cards in any country, but the US. Cash works everywhere.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sporthobbyist View Post

I always bring cash. The street guys give decent rates and you can always go to WU if you want a near perfect rate.
    Why risk getting your card swiped. or scanned and then having to deal with your bank to recover what could be taken??
    Not to mention the foreign transaction fees?? and it will not give you enough to cover your whole trip, so now you have to stop at the ATM multiple times in one trip.
    bring cash. Almost all hotels have a safe, exchange it and keep in in your safe. Just take what you need to have on you for the day or night and you will be fine.

I do not to use any CC or ATM/Debit cards in any country, but the US. Cash works everywhere.
    In 8 years of coming here and a total of over 30 months I have never brought cash and never had a problem with the ATM's. I travel around quite a bit while I am here and cannot imagine carrying that much cash with me all the time.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    In 8 years of coming here and a total of over 30 months I have never brought cash and never had a problem with the ATM's. I travel around quite a bit while I am here and cannot imagine carrying that much cash with me all the time.

Most guys don't travel around like you do. And most definitely don't stay as long as you do!! Me carrying cash for a week or ten days is not a big deal.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

I used the ATM at the progreso branch just down the street from Bailey's and had no problem withdrawing 20000 , two atms at this location and a armed guard on duty at this branch , also set back off the street with parking lot . I felt secure rather than a bunch of people walking behind me as i do business. It was my first time only drawback was the the fees incurred from my bank on my statement . I will bring cash with me as in the past but its a nice back up.......
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    will that last you till I get down there... or will the wife have all spent & I may have to borrow you some...
    Which big-titted wife are you referring to ???

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sporthobbyist View Post

That's all well and good unless you extend your stay by 17 days !!!!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

That's all well and good unless you extend your stay by 17 days !!!!
    true.....that is what CC and ATM cards are for...........
    plus the more cash mi have........the more cash I spend.......

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    true.....that is what CC and ATM cards are for...........
    plus the more cash mi have........the more cash I spend.......
    Funny you say that. I said I carry cash for 7 to 10 days. Yes, I carry cash that should last me that long.But, no matter how much cash I take, I ALWAYS end up hitting an ATM at least once. Sometimes in my last hour in town, to clear up my tab with Rick and take care of the night before's chica.

But after many trips, I choose to go to the bank that captbartman talked about, by Bailey's. Never have a problem withdrawing, and like the armed guard being there.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captbartman View Post
    I used the ATM at the progreso branch just down the street from Bailey's and had no problem withdrawing 20000 , two atms at this location and a armed guard on duty at this branch , also set back off the street with parking lot . I felt secure rather than a bunch of people walking behind me as i do business. It was my first time only drawback was the the fees incurred from my bank on my statement . I will bring cash with me as in the past but its a nice back up.......
    That would be the Banco Popular. Progreso is on Pedro Clisante on the way to Passions, next to Super Super Liquor Store

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Funny you say that. I said I carry cash for 7 to 10 days. Yes, I carry cash that should last me that long.But, no matter how much cash I take, I ALWAYS end up hitting an ATM at least once. Sometimes in my last hour in town, to clear up my tab with Rick and take care of the night before's chica.

But after many trips, I choose to go to the bank that captbartman talked about, by Bailey's. Never have a problem withdrawing, and like the armed guard being there.
    thats only when you mistake the 2000 peso notes for 200 pesos......

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

That would be the Banco Popular. Progreso is on Pedro Clisante on the way to Passions, next to Super Super Liquor Store

I stand corrected , thank you sir....

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

If you want large amounts of cash, go inside the Banco Popular with your passport and you can withdraw up to 2000 dollars US or more if needed however I never tried more than 2 grand. One downfall is the long lines and you can only go during banking hours.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

The cash advance limit at Scotia Bank (closed recently in Sosua but still open in Cabarete) is 50,000 pesos. All you need there is your passport and your credit card.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you all for the helpful information. I plan on using only cash too. I plan on bringing cash and traveler's checks. Question: Are the safes in the hotels safe and secure? I do not want to come back to my room and find the safe open and money gone.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leche For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    The cash advance limit at Scotia Bank (closed recently in Sosua but still open in Cabarete) is 50,000 pesos. All you need there is your passport and your credit card.

Good news. There is a new Scotia Bank ATM located inside the farmacia/Metro Tours depot buiding, next to the bomba in Sosua. Thanks to Choirboy for finding this.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good news. There is a new Scotia Bank ATM located inside the farmacia/Metro Tours depot buiding, next to the bomba in Sosua. Thanks to Choirboy for finding this.
    I am here but to serve !!! Be it hormiga and itchy balls cream or ATM information.

One more tip, Elevex is a hell of a lot better than La Pela !!!!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information