Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2012 - Looks like Classicos has reopened

Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 117 Posts

Re: 12/2012 - Looks like Classicos has reopened

Quote Originally Posted by trEPP33 View Post
    Walked pass there a couple of times last week. It's dead! Same with El Toro (formerly Latinos). A few cats sitting in Merengue but the crowds are at DLatin and Rumbas.It's a shame to go from where it was to where it is. It seems it'll be hard for them to make a comeback now. Don't know how true it is but I heard the owner gets a piece of the DLatin action. Still seems to be a stupid move to lose all the business and now get a split with someone else.

As packed as Dlatins was on Superbowl weekend, Classicos was breath of fresh air. You could actually move around and talk to chicas without being bumped into and shit. My boy and I even talked to some old friends and some of the Fam. I forgot who my boy left with, but we all had a lovely time. Didn't stay to long, got drinks ana away we went. It's more an overflow spot now for Dlatins.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lindin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Walked pass there a couple of times last week. It's dead! Same with El Toro (formerly Latinos). A few cats sitting in Merengue but the crowds are at DLatin and Rumbas.It's a shame to go from where it was to where it is. It seems it'll be hard for them to make a comeback now. Don't know how true it is but I heard the owner gets a piece of the DLatin action. Still seems to be a stupid move to lose all the business and now get a split with someone else.
    Almost as stupid as charging 100 pesos for a presidente....... and charging for a presidente grande for..... 100 pesos

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Great post. Very accurate.

The thing is, for all it's glitz and circus hype, Sosua night life is basically one street. The entire town is one street!!

So if you think about it, how could the town support more than two "BIG" clubs at one time anyway??

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

They opened two nights in a row during superbowl but didnt tell anyone until 11pm. I didnt even bother. I do know they have a BIG Valentines party scheduled that they have been promoting. Guess they will open during special occasions only. I for one miss classico.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

Thanks

I was thinking about a trip to Sosua in mid march. I would be at Classicos every night. Now i'm wondering if it will be worth it going.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BROOKLYN_357 View Post
    I was thinking about a trip to Sosua in mid march. I would be at Classicos every night. Now i'm wondering if it will be worth it going.
    Probably not. I mean, if Classicos is closed, the town doesn't have anything going on, and all the chicas stay home.

I'd just stay home if I were you.

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Probably not. I mean, if Classicos is closed, the town doesn't have anything going on, and all the chicas stay home.

jajajajaja...

Brooklyn, I've been worried too, but I'm just going to go anyways and make the best of things.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    jajajajaja...

Brooklyn, I've been worried too, but I'm just going to go anyways and make the best of things.
    Imma think about it and check out the prices to the Philippines and Thailand

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

Game over. You are right, he should stay home.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

I went in Classicos on Thursday night for the v-day thing. Got up there about 12 after dancing some bachata at Rhumba.

No cover , but they still got my pesos. An OJ and a cervesa cost me 300 drp. It was nice to be in a place with AC and a real dance-floor. It didn't last too long because the DJ they had soon got caught up in a rut. Went down stairs to chill and when I came back up 30 minutes later it sounded like the same song that was playing when I left the first time. Game over, time to move!!!

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

How can one club closing stop the fun?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Almost as stupid as charging 100 pesos for a presidente....... and charging for a presidente grande for..... 100 pesos
    good point. Not only DLatins but quite a few places charge 100 pesos for both the regular and grande sized presidente. Go figure!
    trEPP33

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

There are places to dance in Cabarete and Puerto Plata.. Hit them first before going back to D'Latins to pick someone up or Vice-versa if you want to see them on the dance floor.

I'm amazed that people can spend evening after evening and just sit...drink...stare...repeat. I guess when you look at the people in D'Latins more than a few appear not to have the stamina for much else anymore.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

I for one could care less if Classicos was open or not.
    There are several places that you can go and have a great time dancing drinking and chica watching.
    Variety is the spice of life
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I used to love Classico's too. The set up was nice. Girls dancing in the middle, pick the one you like and jump in with her. It also gives you a good feel for how she's gonna be when you get her back to the room. I've learned that it's better to go for the girl that's gonna be more fun than the stuck up hot one just fixed to the bar. That's besides the point. D'Latin is a fuckfest and I can't stand it. NO place to dance besides VIP, constant bumping and can't see shit. I like Rumba myself. If you wanna dance that bad just grab the chick and start dancing with her. I also like After One, just gotta get a nap in cause that's gonna be a long night.

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to surreal83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

Imma think about it and check out the prices to the Philippines and Thailand

I hope you noticed the sarcasm in their replies and you are not serious. All the fun is still there. It just went across the street and actually brings out more chicas. The girls are still around, the beach is still there, and the drinks are still flowing. Once you get off that plane, you'll forget all about it.
    It's always happy hour somewhere in the world...

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to theheights718 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Great post. Very accurate.

The thing is, for all it's glitz and circus hype, Sosua night life is basically one street. The entire town is one street!!

So if you think about it, how could the town support more than two "BIG" clubs at one time anyway??
    PSR, you were around when Sosua was the spot back in the day... about 8 years ago, when Classico's was banging, on some nights, X-Club was banging, and if you went further down the block towards the beach, by P.J.'s was the original Latino's and that would be banging at times... I remember walking back and forth and going in and out of these places to see where the talent was for the night... It was all random, and was great! And for a short time, I remember leaving the clubs drunk as fuck with a chica or two on my arm, and hitting up the fake white castle spot, that shit was really good... (the white castle would be in Winners Circle now)... During the day, we would hang out at Passions, before all the glitz and glammour, would just keep drinkin, flirting, and playing with the chicas, and finally make it to the back for a massage and BJ... maybe a lil of tu lengua en mi culo Tee Hee (from WSJ to the chicas)

Those were the days
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theheights718 View Post
    I hope you noticed the sarcasm in their replies and you are not serious. All the fun is still there. It just went across the street and actually brings out more chicas. The girls are still around, the beach is still there, and the drinks are still flowing. Once you get off that plane, you'll forget all about it.
    i feel ya on that...i was there last march and didn't have the greatest time...i just put my ticket on hold for the philippines, but i'm still thinking about it cause the tickets to the DR at half the price,lol

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

This really fucked up my trip.

My night thing was hit Merengue and check out talent going upstairs and then head up to Classicos when it was full.

Now it is a ghost town. merengue had 1-2 gringos around 1am, and a few fat girls. The waitresses are more flirty then ever. maybe because they are hurting from lack of tips compared to before
    Classicos is only thursday, friday and sat and is dead as well

DLatins was so packed it was stupid. Just imagine a place as muggy as Rhumbas. But even worse because you are shoulder to shoulder. Classicos used to get like that, but the aircon helped.
    No aircon in Dlatins(open air bar) Takes a while to get to bar for a drink. Takes a while to get change. and then the killer was, I had to piss. Made my way through a ton of people. and guess what?? There is a line to take a fucking piss!!?? That was it and besides all that?? You cannot see shit in there. so many people, you line of sight is reduced greatly. You see the people surrounding you.

So fuck that. I just went out later and went straight to After Ones which was packed(but aircon)
    Almost all bartenders have to go to After Ones when Merengue closes to continue working now!!! except Girra, since she is prego now.

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Dear motherfuckin' God, Sporthobbyist. That scares the hell out of me.

It's not as though I believe in love. Your description leaves me unwilling to believe in lust.

Guess I'm gonna buy that $350 underwater strobe light, because I'll save the price by avoiding Dominican toto...

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information