Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BC OR SD

Thanks

Re: BC OR SD

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I'm assuming that you walk up to the guy with the yellow shirt and the clipboard and let him read the price to you.
    I never argue with an idiot ,they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Last edited by Ritteach; 01-21-2013 at 08:45 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ritteach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Exactly. Thus the $20 offer, I don't haul luggage around. I stand at the curb and make my offer of $20 to the guys who run up to me while enjoying a satisfying smoke. It's like fishing. Guys who can'y master the taxi game don't have a prayer against the Ho's.
    Gonna try "Holding the $20 bill up" next time perhaps I will buy some bob marley dread wig and it will help/

I never got an opportunity to try it, since I rented a car last trip, but somebody suggested walking upstairs and waiting for a cab that is dropping off another customer, which I thought was brilliant.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ritteach View Post
    I never argue with an idiot ,they bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Where is there?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Gonna try "Holding the $20 bill up" next time perhaps I will buy some bob marley dread wig and it will help/

I never got an opportunity to try it, since I rented a car last trip, but somebody suggested walking upstairs and waiting for a cab that is dropping off another customer, which I thought was brilliant.

When I flew into SD, I tried going up to the drop off area, to get a cheaper taxi. It was later in the evening, and there weren't very many outgoing flights at that time, so I didn't catch a cheap taxi.

And I consider myself lucky that I didn't. I paid the taxi mafia price, but I got taxi mafia service. That was the trip that I dropped my DR in the taxi, and didn't remember until he drove off. We went up to the airport the next day. It wasn't really the phone I was worried about, but the SIM inside it. It had ALL my contacts, both for the DR and for work here.

We went to the head guy, and since I didn't remember what the driver looked like, they went up to every driver asking if they took me. After about 30 minutes, we found the driver. He went out to his car, and came back with my phone!!

In the end, it was definitely worth the extra $10 for me. (of course, most don't land in the condition that I do!)

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 377 Posts

does anyone the website for the madejra hotel please or a number for them?
    cheers EB

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    does anyone the website for the madejra hotel please or a number for them?
    cheers EB
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...-Madejra/page3

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    thanks mate
    i have seen the link on page 1 on the thread but didnt think that was there own website

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks mate
    i have seen the link on page 1 on the thread but didnt think that was there own website
    You have ave an email address and phone number try asking them for the website not sure if they have one. If you find one or nit please report back in the thread and pay it forward will ya please?
    Last edited by BorisDaBulletDodger; 01-21-2013 at 11:32 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks mate
    Many hotels don't have their own website and I don't believe they have their own either. If you email on Bocachicaplaya for a reservation you should get a reply from Roberto, an Italian who has done booking for many hotels in Boca Chica and used to do some booking help on bocachicabeach.net as well. His job is is to make reservations for hotels and anwer questions since many smaller hotels don't have people who speak fluent English on staff at all times. He is cool, speaks great english and back in the day has picked me up at the airport on 2 different occasions when many hotels used to offer free airport pickup or very cheap pickup depending on length of stay. Here is another link but probably is the same type of deal but does list number and contact info so maybe the management will answer on this one. http://www.hotel-republica-dominican...oca-chica.html If not just call. Good luck and if you go down the first weekend of March, you'll run into me there in BC.
    Wolverine

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to latinlover7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks very much boris and latinlover for your help

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ritteach View Post
    I never argue with an idiot ,they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    See? That's why you end up paying more for everything when you get to the island. I argue with idiots as soon as I get off the plane. I argue against "gringo" pricing on taxi rides, hyperinflated Punani, overpriced souveneirs, etc. etc. etc.

One thing I have learned about the Dominican Republic is that the path of least resistance is the path of highest price
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information