Thread: Read between the lines on this one...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Read between the lines on this one...

Nothing like getting married and living in separate rooms.

"County Commission Chairman Apologizes After Night In Jail"

by Geoff Fox
    Pasco County Commission Chairman Ted Schrader spent a night in jail after he was arrested Sunday night and charged with domestic battery, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
    Schrader was arrested at 9:24 p.m. Sunday after Julia Schrader, his wife of 30 years, accused him of domestic battery; he was released from the Land O’ Lakes jail at 2:48 p.m. Monday after posting $250 bail, according to the sheriff’s office.

The Schraders, who have three children, live on Pasco Road in San Antonio. As part of Schrader’s bond, he is not to contact his wife or consume alcohol.

During a Pasco commissioners’ meeting on Tuesday morning, Schrader apologized to his wife, family, fellow board members, county employees and constituents, according to media reports; Schrader referred to the incident as a “personal and private matter.”

According to a sheriff’s report:

The couple, who maintain separate bedrooms, argued on Friday night. Around 9 a.m. Saturday, Julia Schrader said that her husband entered her bedroom, but she turned onto her side to avoid him.

She said that he became upset, grabbing her left wrist and leg, and pulling her toward him.

In the report, Ted Schrader acknowledged entering the bedroom and grabbing his wife’s upper left arm in an attempt to speak with her.

Julia Schrader sustained three small bruises on her left wrist and forearm, but declined medical treatment.

Ted Schrader was seated on a couch in a television room behind the master bedroom when deputies arrived Sunday night, the report said.

A 57-year-old Republican, Schrader won his fourth term as county commissioner last year, and has said that he will not run again for political office. Schrader’s District 1 seat covers east Pasco and portions of Wesley Chapel.

Schrader is also a citrus grower and real estate investor. A man who answered Schrader’s telephone number on Monday afternoon said that Schrader had no comment “at this time.”

Besides the county commission, Schrader served six years on the San Antonio City Commission; he is also on the Pasco Farm Bureau and Tampa Bay Water boards.

Randy Maggard, chairman of the Republican Party of Pasco, said it was a “shock” to hear of Schrader’s arrest, adding that the party doesn’t like to see “any Republican (portrayed) in a bad light.”

“We’re waiting to see what happens and hear all the facts,” Maggard said. “We’re not making any presumptions on anything until we know exactly what’s going on.”

Fellow county Commissioner Jack Mariano had no comment on Schrader’s arrest Monday.

Pasco County Spokesman Eric Keaton said that no other county commissioners had been arrested since at least 2006, when Keaton was hired. Records show that Schrader has no prior history of arrests in Pasco.

If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Re: Read between the lines on this one...

i guess they were just waiting for his political career to end/wind down before the divorce
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

His next vacation will be in the DR
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Married couples sleeping in separate bedrooms was the norm for everyone who could afford the extra space until the 19th century and is still common among the upper classes or rich.

There are plenty of ISOC members who don't do TLN because they don't like sleeping with someone. In some cases that is down to concerns about security or because it is too hot, but by no means in all cases.

So if they don't want to sleep with a hot chica when they are on holiday, why should people who have been married for years, and whose partners might be long past their most attractive phase, want to do it?
    Last edited by weyland; 02-06-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Married couples sleeping in separate bedrooms was the norm for everyone who could afford the extra space until the 19th century and is still common among the upper classes or rich.

There are plenty of ISOC members who don't do TLN because they don't like sleeping with someone. In some cases that is down to concerns about security or beause it is too hot, but by no means in all cases.

So if they don't want to sleep with a hot chica when they are on holiday, why should people who have been married for years, nd might be long past their most attractive phase,want to do it?
    Personally I like reaching over and grabbing a handful of boob during the night

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

I have a 2 story house with a bonus room on the 3rd floor. I had made an office out of that bonus room when I got married and one night I was up there on the compute. I hear a knock on the front door and, assuming that everyone else in the house (the ex-wife, her daughters, and her niece) was asleep, I answered the door. It was a state trooper.

I asked him what was going on and he said that someone had called 911 from the house. I told him it couldn't have been as everyone was asleep and I certainly hadn't made the call. Just then my wife walks up and I ask her had she called and she said no. Eventually the trooper left. I thought the whole thing strange but blew it off. It didn't occur to me until a few months later, when we were already going through a divorce and she had me served with a restraining order and kicked out of my own house, that the bitch was already setting things up.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thread Information