Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 03/2013 - City Lights update

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

03/2013 - City Lights update

I just noticed that City Lights changed their sign and no longer promote themselves as a gentleman's club, but as a disco. So, first Hollywood Nights goes under and now this change. I doubt they stay open past May. It's hard to compete against Passions and quite frankly I don't think anybody can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Re: City Lights update

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    I just noticed that City Lights changed their sign and no longer promote themselves as a gentleman's club, but as a disco. So, first Hollywood Nights goes under and now this change. I doubt they stay open past May. It's hard to compete against Passions and quite frankly I don't think anybody can.
    When I was there in December they had big dreams, and were remodeling the hotel part, is that finished? They also had a nice nice pool area with a stage.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

I just wish I had one of those spots. Passions can be competed with. People just have money and no plan of action. Everything they try fails and they panic at the first failure . Passions is nothing more than a long standing brand. Both places peeked people's interest but has no lure about them to capture the target audience. Relied on word of mouth and Dominicans to succeed.

Jmo
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    I just wish I had one of those spots.
    the thought of having 20-30 whores seems cool but it also sounds horrifying..! Having to deal with 20-30 unbalanced chemically or emotionally whores is a nightmare. Then you have deal with the bouncers, janitors, bar staff, drivers, and cops which all want to steal from you

running a whore house reminds me of a saying gamblers/poker players, "if you have the ability to make a lot of money playing poker, you can make a lot of money doing something else"

these jobs are a 24/7 jobs
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    the thought of having 20-30 whores seems cool but it also sounds horrifying..! Having to deal with 20-30 unbalanced chemically or emotionally whores is a nightmare. Then you have deal with the bouncers, janitors, bar staff, drivers, and cops which all want to steal from you

running a whore house reminds me of a saying gamblers/poker players, "if you have the ability to make a lot of money playing poker, you can make a lot of money doing something else"

these jobs are a 24/7 jobs

Your right it isn't for everybody. And I wouldn't look at it as working with whores. I'm too professional. When I train female clients I don't fuck them as a rule. It's business. The problem with these guys is they get lost in the pussy. Fucking the chicas that are supposed to be making them money.
    Too many chicas. The ones I employ would be hands off.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Hollywood Nights had mediocre chicks...you can't have that. You need the hottest chicks available. If you're gonna go into that business you better have the best! The problem at City Lights is that they are not busy and the chicks leave or don't show up for work...so when guys go there the pickings are slim. Huge catch 22. Almost seems like the owner invested into the renos but won't invest into keeping the girls happy by paying them well enough to stay.

Peter at Passions has it going on. Smart smart business man with the right contacts....his place is always busy. I would never dream of competing against him because I know what I'm up against.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Hollywood Nights had mediocre chicks...you can't have that. You need the hottest chicks available. If you're gonna go into that business you better have the best! The problem at City Lights is that they are not busy and the chicks leave or don't show up for work...so when guys go there the pickings are slim. Huge catch 22. Almost seems like the owner invested into the renos but won't invest into keeping the girls happy by paying them well enough to stay.

Peter at Passions has it going on. Smart smart business man with the right contacts....his place is always busy. I would never dream of competing against him because I know what I'm up against.
    And as long as there are hot chicks, I got no problem paying 150 pesos for a Presidente I guess thats why he has 3 huge bars in Passions, on my next trip, I think there will be a 4th bar somewhere

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Universal closed already? Damn, they were just finishing construction in December I think.

I think we should put some pesos together and open a spot right next to the airport that has chicas and overnight capacity. The weekend warriors that want to save on taxi fare, the Blackbeards guys that want to make weekend warrior visits, and the newbie/AI tourists that feel it's the best way to 'play it safe'. Guys could come off the plane, tip the band and check in. After getting their weekend romantic cardio, they can walk their ass back over to check in for their flights. We make pesos.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Universal closed already? Damn, they were just finishing construction in December I think.

I think we should put some pesos together and open a spot right next to the airport that has chicas and overnight capacity. The weekend warriors that want to save on taxi fare, the Blackbeards guys that want to make weekend warrior visits, and the newbie/AI tourists that feel it's the best way to 'play it safe'. Guys could come off the plane, tip the band and check in. After getting their weekend romantic cardio, they can walk their ass back over to check in for their flights. We make pesos.
    Another one of those posts that persuades me that we need a 'ROFL' button in there with 'Blog This Post,' 'Said Thanks,' 'Reply With Quote.'
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

If one of the REAL CLUB owners from Santo Domingo (with the right contacts as you say) came up and took over City Lights, they would CRUSH .. the PLACE IS NICE. really nice.. especially the VIP area , dance Floor, in the back. and nice clean bathrooms.. much better than the Old Classicos. IMO. but a bit smaller.
    As you said though, they put their efforts into building what you see, but not what you GET.. Drinks are also WAY over priced.. I think it was like 200 pesos for a Beer ?
    Fuck that.
    They might have a better shot as a DISCO.. strange as that may seem,, become the NEW smaller version of CLASSICOS.. on the other side of Rosen, so to speak..
    That Bar on the corner, the real nice new one across from Hermans Bermuda Bar, they seem to be doing OK.. Cool music in there, and real real nice modern Ambiance.
    The diff with them is they are VISIBLE from the street, and people will want to walk in, whereas City Lights back area, is so hidden, if you dont know its there there is no way you would walk in off the street to go back there..
    THAT , IMO is what makes D'Latin also so successful, you SEE the crowd from the street, and everybody want to be where the crowd and the chicas are..

just my .02

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    If one of the REAL CLUB owners from Santo Domingo (with the right contacts as you say) came up and took over City Lights, they would CRUSH .. the PLACE IS NICE. really nice.. especially the VIP area , dance Floor, in the back. and nice clean bathrooms.. much better than the Old Classicos. IMO. but a bit smaller.
    As you said though, they put their efforts into building what you see, but not what you GET.. Drinks are also WAY over priced.. I think it was like 200 pesos for a Beer ?
    Fuck that.
    They might have a better shot as a DISCO.. strange as that may seem,, become the NEW smaller version of CLASSICOS.. on the other side of Rosen, so to speak..
    That Bar on the corner, the real nice new one across from Hermans Bermuda Bar, they seem to be doing OK.. Cool music in there, and real real nice modern Ambiance.
    The diff with them is they are VISIBLE from the street, and people will want to walk in, whereas City Lights back area, is so hidden, if you dont know its there there is no way you would walk in off the street to go back there..
    THAT , IMO is what makes D'Latin also so successful, you SEE the crowd from the street, and everybody want to be where the crowd and the chicas are..

just my .02
    That seems like a game ending plan right there.

Seems like this place could have a chance as a open air disco/bar. There is good view to the street even though the other side of the street is not to desireable to look at. A decent size bar and a place to dance.
    Also the hotel type rooms right there could make it real good to sastisfy that quick urge.

If you make it a normal club than the strip girls might come around.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

So it seems they're just starting to wise up (or taking a random shot in the dark). A 'gentlemen's club' was (pardon mon francais) a fucking retarded idea.

A disco is a much better idea - if you can just get people in the door.

Of course, that's the hard part, especially when your're off the main drag (no matter how close you are to it).

2 for 1 drink specials from say 9-11pm might pull from the crowd leaving rumba. Play up the fact that they actually have a freaking dance floor. Get a good DJ.

Try something that might actually entice people in from the street - have chicas dancing on the bar or something.
    Last edited by deezl; 03-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    So it seems they're just starting to wise up (or taking a random shot in the dark). A 'gentlemen's club' was (pardon mon francais) a fucking retarded idea.

A disco is a much better idea - if you can just get people in the door.

Of course, that's the hard part, especially when your're off the main drag (no matter how close you are to it).

2 for 1 drink specials from say 9-11pm might pull from the crowd leaving rumba. Play up the fact that they actually have a freaking dance floor. Get a good DJ.

Try something that might actually entice people in from the street - have chicas dancing on the bar or something.

THIS RIGHT HERE, could make them an overnight success, IMO .

Cuz I have never seen so many SUCK ASS DJ's as I have in Sosua (classicos specifically).. I mean if MOST people are not dancing, and enjoying the vibe ( ie the dance floor is empty) ,, there is only ONE person to blame..
    but for some reason CLASSICOS as an example chose to do nothing about the shitty DJ'S before they closed.. it was SO bad, it cant even be overstated.. enough that you didnt even want to go up there.
    With so much good Latin music to choose from, it is almost incomprehesible how ANY DJ could fuck it up ,but they managed it somehow.

So, if they put in a really good DJ, get the word out. do something with the drinks, pass our fliers, have a "barker/ Greeter' at the entrance on the street. that place could be jumping overnight.
    So if you got a DJ with a name people recognize, that could be the key right on the street to entice people to come in.
    At this point they are gonna have to Prime the Pump hard,and if their pockets are not deep enough for it, its gonna be City Lights OUT.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    THIS RIGHT HERE, could make them an overnight success, IMO .

Cuz I have never seen so many SUCK ASS DJ's as I have in Sosua (classicos specifically).. I mean if MOST people are not dancing, and enjoying the vibe ( ie the dance floor is empty) ,, there is only ONE person to blame..
    but for some reason CLASSICOS as an example chose to do nothing about the shitty DJ'S before they closed.. it was SO bad, it cant even be overstated.. enough that you didnt even want to go up there.
    With so much good Latin music to choose from, it is almost incomprehesible how ANY DJ could fuck it up ,but they managed it somehow.

So, if they put in a really good DJ, get the word out. do something with the drinks, pass our fliers, have a "barker/ Greeter' at the entrance on the street. that place could be jumping overnight.
    So if you got a DJ with a name people recognize, that could be the key right on the street to entice people to come in.
    At this point they are gonna have to Prime the Pump hard,and if their pockets are not deep enough for it, its gonna be City Lights OUT.
    Exactly. I remember being up in classico a year or so ago and the DJ was letting songs fade out. Most of these guys aren't DJ-ing, they're just playing songs. Random songs.I'm sorry, but if you don't know how to beat match and crossfade then you are not a DJ! These dudes would get laughed out of every club in Santiago.

If Classico can bring in Anthony Santos and El Toro can get Wilo D'new then City Lights can get a few name DJ's out of Santiago/Santo Domingo to play a few weekend sets without breaking the bank.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You guys are on the right track but gotta keep drink prices reasonable.

Also play some of the local music like bachata and merengue and salsa. The kind that get's those chicas booty to shake.
    Perhaps hiring some chicas as greeters to flirt with the guys and get them in the door.

This place seems like it could be a real fun club to hang out at if they can get the formula right.

I don't really get the whole strip club idea in Sosua. In the US you go to the strip clubs and it's a tease or fantasy for the most part at most clubs. In Sosua the fantasy is very much a reality.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Where is City Lights?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    Where is City Lights?
    Its on the PC just up the street from the main strip bars. Cross Dr Rosen like you are headed towards Passions and it is on the right like no more than 50 or 100 yards from Dr Rosen.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

The old bar what's its name next to the shark bar...

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    The old bar what's its name next to the shark bar...
    Seacrets

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just a sidenote & a little Plug
    That new Convenience Mercado right there between Shark Bar and City Lights , they sell beer,Red Bull ,Gatorade etc erc.. Its small but Stocked to the gills, and prices are Really good.. They speak English, I think they are NY Dominicans. I was trying to talk to him in Spanish and he answers in fluent English, LOL
    The Place is really clean and a pleasure to shop in esp since they open til very late, but not sure of the hours.
    I think Gutter meat found it first when it opened and posted about it.
    But its worth mentioning again, you can really save some money on drinks there late at night, if you want to walk back and forth, or at least get your first Grande of the night, or to make a big Mixed Drink. Im 99 % sure they have Hard Liquor , but I didnt really look past the beer cooler, very cold beers btw.
    Its also kind of amuzing cause you have City Lights with the HIGHEST prices on the strip, and right next door, you got this Mercado with the Lowest prices on the strip..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information