Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universo Bar Closed

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Re: Universo Bar Closed

Like Soprano said, it goes a little deeper when you have the police there carrying out everything inside. I gotta hunch, but I'll keep it to myself.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Reading this thread got me thinking. We all read about this bar or that bar closing and offer up our opinions as to why it happened.......lousy music, high drink prices, ugly or a lack of chicas, etc.

I just wonder, has any ISOC member ever opened and successfully ran a bar in Sosua? Not talking about a bar/restaurant or bar/hotel, just a bar. Maybe something on the beach or a place in town?

With all the free advice given, somebody willing to invest some scratch in their own joint should know WHAT NOT TO DO in order to run a successful place. I would think reasonable drink prices, friendly service, good music (not too loud) maybe sports on the tv, and some nice eye candy hanging out would be the ingredients for a successful enterprise. Plus a halfway decent location. I think I just basically described the Shark Bar, but Lou has never been a member here.

Does anyone here have the balls to take that leap of faith on themselves and give it hell trying?
    Soon my friend.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

it was open last night....sand filled floor ....plastic tables & chairs...good looking staff...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 183 Posts

I believe that the removal might be more repo related and they reopened within 24 hours. I think the sand idea is kind of lame.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leaseno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaseno View Post
    I believe that the removal might be more repo related and they reopened within 24 hours. I think the sand idea is kind of lame.
    Pics anyone? Other info? Cheap beer? Cheap hot Chicas? anything...???
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaseno View Post
    Maybe they repo-ed the floor tiles.

Does not sound very appealing.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Cool Re: Universo Bar Closed

They needed more ''Hell's Angels'' to protect their considerable investment !

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Maybe they repo-ed the floor tiles.

Does not sound very appealing.

That town never ceases to amaze me. So somebody didn't get paid, and they took back the floor tiles? If there was black and white tile before and now sand, that must be the case. I wonder how many they broke while prying them up?

Can we GET SOME PICTURES PLEASE? I need something to entertain me between shoveling snow.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    That town never ceases to amaze me. So somebody didn't get paid, and they took back the floor tiles? If there was black and white tile before and now sand, that must be the case. I wonder how many they broke while prying them up?

Can we GET SOME PICTURES PLEASE? I need something to entertain me between shoveling snow.
    fuck that spring is here let the sun do the work for youthat being said I had to put the snow plow blade back on my plow truck last week when we got hit with that late winter dump but its all gone now and the temperature here is above freezing during the day and below freezing at night so its perfect maple syrup running weather
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post

The tiles were never removed...the sofas, tv's, stereo..everything was removed but Nacional never touched the kitchen. So the owner got plastic tables and chairs and filled the place with sand. He's having a Semana Santa beach party. Actually, I find it was a very smart of him to add the sand cause the plastic tables looked out of place.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    The tiles were never removed...the sofas, tv's, stereo..everything was removed but Nacional never touched the kitchen. So the owner got plastic tables and chairs and filled the place with sand. He's having a Semana Santa beach party. Actually, I find it was a very smart of him to add the sand cause the plastic tables looked out of place.
    It would be great if every 45 seconds you were peppered with Reggaeton CD salesman, a dude with a suitcase full of necklaces and people selling jumbo shrimp and oysters.

The local bar were everybody calls you "My fren"

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Rolleyes Re: Universo Bar Closed

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    It would be great if every 45 seconds you were peppered with Reggaeton CD salesman, a dude with a suitcase full of necklaces and people selling jumbo shrimp and oysters.

The local bar were everybody calls you "My fren"
    But then you would be in Cabarete and not Sosua!!!!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information