Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04/2013 - Britannia Restaurant

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

04/2013 - Britannia Restaurant

I was strolling the street one evening not knowing what I wanted to eat when I passed Britannia Restaurant. I hadn't eaten there in a while and I remembered that they are just about the only place I know where you can get mashed potatos with brown gravy. So I sat down and had dinner. Big portion of mashed potatos and nice hot gravy with my meal. Delicious. May not sound like much to you guys in NA that can have potatos and gravy whenever you want but it was a very nice treat for me.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Britannia Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    I was strolling the street one evening not knowing what I wanted to eat when I passed Britannia Restaurant. I hadn't eaten there in a while and I remembered that they are just about the only place I know where you can get mashed potatos with brown gravy. So I sat down and had dinner. Big portion of mashed potatos and nice hot gravy with my meal. Delicious. May not sound like much to you guys in NA that can have potatos and gravy whenever you want but it was a very nice treat for me.

kiko and i ate there in january. they had a special that wasn't on the menu for the night. chicken with penne in an alfredo sauce. it was delicious1

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

hear ya......this winter mi was tired of rice and peas and french fries...and mashed potatoes are rarity on the J island.....
    so mi went to the Seastar Inn buffet on one Saturday night since dem have mashed potatoes with gravy........
    mi went back for more than one helping of the mashed........lol
    and mi actually made mashed potatoes at the apt a couple times too........
    but you know what......nobody sells gravy mix or canned gravy in Negril........nobody
    you can make it Jamaican style.......but it's not da same
    mi made a note to make sure mi bring back some packets of gravy next reach.......
    kinda funny how we take a lot of things that wi have for granted in the states..........
    Roberto needs his French Dressing and this guy needs his gravy.....lmao

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I love these random examples of things one might miss from N. America. I don't think I'll be thinking about mashed potatoes while I'm there in a few, but have always passed by Brittania and now at least I know that it's a decent spot to eat.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

most of the mashed potatoes you get in the states is from a mix, rare to find the real thing with lumps in it. Good ol Sysco feeding the world. Didn't know they grew papas in the DR.
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el tuerto es rey.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to staratio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I love these random examples of things one might miss from N. America. I don't think I'll be thinking about mashed potatoes while I'm there in a few, but have always passed by Brittania and now at least I know that it's a decent spot to eat.
    I dont know why, but I never ate at this place.. I have heard nothing but good reviews.. Next trip I will give it a try..

I've said before, if I ever moved to DR permanently, I think I would miss NY pizza and bagels more then anything else...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

They serve the food in the Coaches Corner Bar and I ordered a chicken sandwich from them last year which I still remember. Done well and large portion. mmmm mmmm good....

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    They serve the food in the Coaches Corner Bar and I ordered a chicken sandwich from them last year which I still remember. Done well and large portion. mmmm mmmm good....
    Wait, so when I bought the rip off Green Bay Packers appetizer sampler from CC, the food came from Britania? If so, then I guess I kind ate there, but not really... I wouldnt get the sampler if I was in the Britania restaurant though... It wasnt bad, I think it was a couple chicken fingers, wings, garlic bread, onion rings and maybe 2 mozzarella sticks... Maybe one more ingredient but that could have been all of it... I think it was 400-500 pesos for the sampler, a little on the expensive side, but El Rey, Capt Bart, and I were drinkin and watching some NFL playoffs so we needed some grubb

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm a big fan of Brittania. Great breakfast, great lunch and great dinner. The Belgian waffle with fried eggs on top of the waffle with a side of bacon....MONEY! But my favorite thing is the big fish sandwich. Giant piece of fried white fish on a bun with a ton of tarter sauce.....I'm all in
    "You Stay Classy Sosua!"

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bobbydrake For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

That's where we eat most often in the Su.

Great breakfast in the morning and really good fish and chips at night.

Fast service also.....................The same chica has been working there for at least 3 years now.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

I know my first few trips, we always stopped in as they had two gorgeous bartenders and an afternoon happy hour with great pina coladas. I may stop in soon to see if they still have those tasty beverages.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Never thought of this a pina colada type place.
    Good info to know

Beer always seems to be cold
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Drdreamer, brought me there and food was great.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

The Brit has great breakfast too. I will generally have breakfast at Rocky's but occasionally go to Brit for a change. Last February we ate mostly at Midtown in Don Antonio's. Yes, large portions with reasonable prices. The owners are newer having taken over a couple years ago.

The BIG Breakfast in on!!! goodmorning!!!!!!
    2 eggs, bacon or ham, homefries, fruit, toast and coffee for 125 pesos...plus FREE coffee refills with all breakfast till noon.
    Just a reminder that we now close at 3pm on sundays and closed all day monday. Please drop in tuesday for our outstanding Meatloaf special.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Britannia and Cafe Cubano are pretty much my two go-to restaurants in town.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Andy Graham, Hobo Traveler needs to be roughed up again, anybody know if he is still in Charamicos?
    This guy is such a tool.

Post his video of a chica shampooing herself with a bucket, that at least has a little entertainment value.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meyer Lansky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer Lansky View Post
    Andy Graham, Hobo Traveler needs to be roughed up again, anybody know if he is still in Charamicos?
    This guy is such a tool.

Post his video of a chica shampooing herself with a bucket, that at least has a little entertainment value.
    Look at this filthy HOBO bastard, how much you think he pays her for a soapy off camera!

He pretends NOT to be a monger, I bet he gets as much Dominicana ass as any of you sucio fucks!

***Meant as a term of endearment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedtM...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Meyer Lansky; 12-22-2013 at 06:52 PM.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meyer Lansky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

When I was in Sosua in August I saw Andy everywhere I went. I can't remember who introduced him to me but I would run in to him at the beach, during the p.m. poon parade in front of Rockys and down by Suzanna's Restaurant and Plan B Bar...he got around for sure. He always seemed stressed out when I would see him but never mentioned anything being wrong although I don't know him well enough for that. Never saw him with anyone but he sure got around. He did mention a couple times he was on the way to see a client to shoot some commercials on video. When I was in Sosua last week I didn't see him once. I don't know much about the guy, he has never done anything against me nor for me, that's what I know. Just my 2 cents.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: 04/2013 - Britannia Restaurant

Keeping this on topic of the Brit...

Fishburger!

Fuck yeah!

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information