Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 04/2013 - Extended Vacation ! .. Locked up in D.R. for 7 months without being charged

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Re: Extended Vacation ! .. Locked up in D.R. for 7 months without being charged

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

I'm just a little confused. If reputable sources (DR1 ?) say she witnesses saw her run this guy over and then backup and run him over again and repeat this several times running him over again and again .....

Then how come the state can't get even one of these supposed witnesses and charge her ?

Just wondering ??

Ummmm. After my one bad experience with the DR legal system.........If I witnessed something in the dominican republic, I would hesitate to get involved.

I agree that the DR legal system is backwards and not very fair. BUT what if this happened in the US or Canada? A wife hits her husband with a car "by accident" while he is on a motorcycle?? She would have definitely been charged with murder in the US or Canada.

The only fault of the DR system in this case, is that they are acting too slow. It will be a greater tragedy if this woman is released soon and never goes to trial. A year in a DR prison is no picnic, but is a small price to pay for MURDER!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Without getting into this too much again..

Dominican law dictates that a person who is suspected of committing a crime can be sent to jail for 3 months to a year as preventative custody while the case is investigated.

When the protective custody time period expires, the person is charged or let go.

This woman got 1 year protective custody. Now the fun starts.

That sucks. But at least its clear now whats going on. Thank you Happy for clarifying.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Maybe the guy was wearing a hoodie.
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cardiff Mother Nicole Reyes Illegally Detained in Dominican Republic ‘Suffering From Cervical Cancer’

By Hannah Osborne:

August 16, 2013 10:46 AM GMT

Nicole Reyes, charged with murdering her husband, may have cervical cancer.

A mother from Cardiff who is currently illegally detained in prison in the Dominican Republic is being tested for cervical cancer after developing a lump in her groin.

Nicole Reyes, 37, has been held for the murder of her husband Jorge, a Dominican Republic national, in a Santiago prison since 9 July last year.

Police arrested Reyes after Jorge died in a motorcycle accident on the Caribbean island, saying she purposefully hit him with her car. Reyes says he swerved in front of her to get out of the way of an oncoming car on a dark road.
    She was charged with homicide last month but her lawyer, Eduardo Trueba, said that under Dominican Republic law, a suspect cannot be held for any more than a year without trial. She has not been offered bail, which if set is expected to be over £100,000, reports WalesOnline.

From Dominican Watchdog :

Dominican Watchdog Note | Nicole Reyes should have been released over five weeks ago, as the ONE year of preventive jail term had expired and the General Attorney's office has not made their case against her. Again this legal case is all about extorsion of money from both lawyers, families and probably other officials in the justice system, Happens everyday in the Dominican Republic!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

And this is the real problem in the DR. CORRUPTION!!!!

What will hurt tourism more? Prostitution in Boca Chica and Sosua, or foreigners held for more than a year without trial.

The sad part is that there is a genuine reason to suspect her of murder. BUT the judge and prosecutor is more interested in leveraging a payoff, than conducting a real investigation and trial.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,147 Times in 2,001 Posts

And this is business as usual.

If you are in a car accident whether or not it is YOUR FAULT...you CAN be held indefinitely in this country.

And yet many people on the board continue to rent and drive in DR.

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post

What will hurt tourism more? Prostitution in Boca Chica and Sosua, or foreigners held for more than a year without trial.

The sad part is that there is a genuine reason to suspect her of murder. BUT the judge and prosecutor is more interested in leveraging a payoff, than conducting a real investigation and trial.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3_Sith_Lord For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

If there were no corruption, women would be getting what they deserve and pussy would cost $100 - $250 per hour there.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

The sad part is that there is a genuine reason to suspect her of murder. BUT the judge and prosecutor AND THE VICTIMS FAMILY is more interested in leveraging a payoff, than conducting a real investigation and trial.
    Changed that for you DQ to reflect what is actually happening.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is the concept that allot of guys seem to have trouble getting their arms around.

It doesn't matter if you are right, wrong, innocent, or guilty.... once you are inside of The Dominican "Justice" System you have entered a realm of Legal Kidnapping ..pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3_Sith_Lord View Post
    And this is business as usual.

If you are in a car accident whether or not it is YOUR FAULT...you CAN be held indefinitely in this country.

And yet many people on the board continue to rent and drive in DR.

Click to see pic
    It's O.K. WSJ3 now as long as they go into it with as they say.... "Eyes Wide Open"

Everybody's tolerance risk is different.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Further DQuick correction:

The sad part is that there is a genuine reason to suspect her of murder. BUT the judge and prosecutor, the family and the Lawyer (yes as in YOUR OWN LAWYER) is more interested in leveraging a payoff, than conducting a real investigation and trial.
    You can count on one thing .. He/She will keep coming back to you with a higher and higher pay off price and legal fee.

Further.. Further .. DQuick correction ...This is fun ..

What will hurt tourism more? Prostitution in Boca Chica and Sosua, or foreigners held for more than a year without trial. ..... [ Change to held for more than a year without even a charge being filed against you ]

Can anybody say Legal kidnapping ?

Last edited by ROVER; 08-18-2013 at 10:36 AM.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

Further DQuick correction:

You can count on one thing .. He/She will keep coming back to you with a higher and higher pay off price and legal fee.
    When you have a cow, you milk it as often as possible.
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

That makes sense, Willie.

But a year to negotiate something everyone can accept is an awfully long time.

They must still be world's apart for this to still be going on.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,147 Times in 2,001 Posts

This is the concept that allot of guys seem to have trouble getting their arms around.

It doesn't matter if you are right, wrong, innocent, or guilty.... once you are inside of The Dominican "Justice" System you have entered a realm of Legal Kidnapping ..pure and simple.

It's O.K. WSJ3 now as long as they go into it with as they say.... "Eyes Wide Open"

Don't get me wrong Rover I have driven in DR as well...and I have been going down to the land of milk and honey for more than 20 years...but it only takes that ONE time to get the chop that makes all the wet pussy and action figure pictures not worth it.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3_Sith_Lord For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    That makes sense, Willie.

But a year to negotiate something everyone can accept is an awfully long time.

They must still be world's apart for this to still be going on.
    From what I know from people that are close to this the only reason she is still in jail is down to her own sides arrogance/ignorance and stupidity.

Apparently a settlement amount to the victim's family was agreed upon some months ago and she could have been released on payment, but her family decided to fight to also clear her name.

Her side has changed lawyers at least once, adding to the delays and have now recently asked for a new judge.

Her side has failed to understand that the preventative sentence of 1 year allows time for the prosecution to prepare charges OR for a settlement to be reached if all parties are in agreement.

As the court has been informed that settlement is pending they have no option but to continue detaining her until such time this is done or not.

Her side mistakenly believe that solely because she has not been formally charged to date with anything she should by default be exonerated and released and are reluctant to part with what amounts to a bribe in their eyes.

It is the opinion of many that are close to this that should she eventually be charged she doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of winning and would face 30 years.

Her side seem oblivious to this and are seemingly content to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 232 Posts

Here is a link with several short videos showing the all out efforts the family is making having fundraisers and lobbying the highest levels of the U.K. government for intervention.

Two points I'd like to make.

1. This girl has a really Nice Rack and IMHO a very cute face and body too.

2. People reasoning that there must be more to the story really don't understand the Dominican Legal System.

This is pattern procedure for what happens when a foreigner has a car accident and a Dominican is
    killed accident or not.

If you read the above story it correctly states that people (Dominicans) do not stop if they witness a car
    accidents for fear that they will be charged with involvement and these are Dominicans. They understand the
    system.

Trying to rationalize this by thinking it doesn't make sense so there must be more to the story is an indication
    that one has not fully come to terms with yet ....This is The Dominican Republic ...and NOTHING rarely makes
    sense when compared to western civilization procedures. Words like logic, fairness, justice Do not apply.
    Remember in some Dominican prisons if nobody from the outside brings you food you do not eat because they
    will not feed you. Does that make sense ?

Most people, myself being one do not have a family or friend support system like this girl does back home that would be as politically savvy and persistent and so I (you) would be fucked worse than she is. Allot of the people who you would be counting on at such a time would be so overwhelmed, befuddled, and confused by their first interaction with The Dominican Republic and its Legal system they would feel totally helpless and powerless and throw their hands up in frustration in short order.

In the end I'm not even sure if all her families efforts will have any effect and if she was left to her own devices with no help would be let out in the same time. Whenever that may be.

Click Link

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/topic/dominican-republic/

Your analysis Rover is spot on target. You seem to know and understand what a totally FUCKED UP country the DR is. Beautiful with many nice people, but at the same time what you said about "logic, reason, fairness, and justice" is absolutely spot on TRUE. Those words don't even exist in the DR. I have said for years now that the level of stupidity, ignorance, and incompetence in the DR is unsurpassed in any other country on planet earth, and believe me I have lived in and been to many around the globe. I traveled to the DR many times when I was still working in the US and then when I retired about 4 years ago I moved to the DR to live as my home base. However after a few years living in the DR, I could not take the fucked up bulllshit at every single turn of life anymore. So instead of just staying there and complaining about it like some do...I moved away to where things suited me better and I am now extremely happy with my life in Thailand. Yes, I get that there is no perfect place that I know of on the planet and there is bullshit stuff/corruption in every country, but I have never seen any place where it is so in your face almost constantly every day as in the DR. I wish it were different, but alas it is the truth about this beautiful country.The story of this thread is both sickening and saddening at the same time. It is corrupt 110% and I doubt anything is going to change that anytime soon. I know more and more guys that are NOT returning to the DR anymore, but are going other places for their mongering fun. Life is truly great, so enjoy it to the max in only the best of places.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Again Rover....you do have your own "Eyes Wide Open" in your analysis and comments about this case and the Dominican (non)Justice (non)System.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

From what I know from people that are close to this the only reason she is still in jail is down to her own sides arrogance/ignorance and stupidity.

Apparently a settlement amount to the victim's family was agreed upon some months ago and she could have been released on payment, but her family decided to fight to also clear her name.

Her side has changed lawyers at least once, adding to the delays and have now recently asked for a new judge.

Her side has failed to understand that the preventative sentence of 1 year allows time for the prosecution to prepare charges OR for a settlement to be reached if all parties are in agreement.

As the court has been informed that settlement is pending they have no option but to continue detaining her until such time this is done or not.

Her side mistakenly believe that solely because she has not been formally charged to date with anything she should by default be exonerated and released and are reluctant to part with what amounts to a bribe in their eyes.

WickedWillie: thanks for your comments. I know you have been in the DR for a long time and I have always respected what you have to say and still do....however your above comments seem to be a sideways defense of the Dominican (non)Justice System. You have to know how utterly corrupt the police, court, justice system is in the DR. There is no such thing as justice in the DR.....it is ALL and ONLY about payoffs and money, NOT justice, fairness, or what is right. You are starting to make me think that maybe someone has slipped some of that Dominican Cool Aid to you. Cheers!
    Last edited by whynotme; 08-18-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: fixing the quote

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

It is the opinion of many that are close to this that should she eventually be charged she doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of winning and would face 30 years.

Her side seem oblivious to this and are seemingly content to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Pretty much covers it all.. Spot on..
    this matter is so simple, its disturbing that her family can't figure it out..
    but it seems even some people right here in this thread also still cant get their heads around it either.. and want to bitch about the DR and their system.
    The world is not a "fair" place.. who promised you it was ?

No matter how he died, The Guy is DEAD, she (the defendant and her family) cant bring him back, the Victims family is NOT looking to punish her with the jail time. I really dont think they are, at this point & The Dominican Courts will NOT EXONERATE HER,..its not gonna happen, even if she WERE 100% Innocent.

They want the settlement money.. without it, she will spend a long time in jail.

I dont see what is complicated here. The defendants family is fucking it up and this woman will not go free til they wake the fuck up and pay the "ransom" or whatever you want to call it.. its their system...

Dont like it ?
    Then Dont Live there, Dont Drive there, Dont Marry Jorge there, and definitely DONT run over your husband Jorge with the SUV, and then back over him again for good measure & think you gonna walk away from it..
    geeesssuss chrisss..

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onetosix View Post
    WickedWillie: thanks for your comments. I know you have been in the DR for a long time and I have always respected what you have to say and still do....however your above comments seem to be a sideways defense of the Dominican (non)Justice System. You have to know how utterly corrupt the police, court, justice system is in the DR. There is no such thing as justice in the DR.....it is ALL and ONLY about payoffs and money, NOT justice, fairness, or what is right. You are starting to make me think that maybe someone has slipped some of that Dominican Cool Aid to you. Cheers!

I guess it is in how you read it. I don't read it the way you are.

I don't think he's saying it is right or just. I think he is saying it how it is, a matter of fact. Like it or not, this is the system.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onetosix View Post
    I wouldn't dream of defending the fucked up bullshit that goes on here every day and agree in a LOT of instances the corruption in the DR stinks, but am sufficiently well versed to know that there also a LOT of instances where the right lawful action/verdict or whatever occurs. It just doesn't get the same headlines as the former.

TNT is correct in that my intent was merely to tell it as it is, warts and all from people in the know on the ground and not some sensationalized newspaper report.

I think in this case the DR legal system is playing it by the book. Their book by the way.

If I were to defend the DR legal system at all it would be to say I do not know of any other jurisdiction anywhere in the world where if someone has committed murder, the victims family can sway the decision to prosecute or not.

So in this case she is a helluva lucky woman to have perpetrated such a heinous act here and not elsewhere.

39. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information