Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04/2013 - Blue C restaurant

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

04/2013 - Blue C restaurant

Tried this place out several times during my trip.
    First time was for lunch and had a steak and cheese sandwich which one of the best I have ever had. The flavor of this sandwich was fantastic and the beef was tender.

The other meals included a very good pork dish and a special thai chicken dish both of which were very tasty.

Also tried a chicken cordon bleu dish and it had wonderful flavor.

The drinks were also very good. I was especially fond of the Pain Killer drink which had the best flavor. Also tried some other drinks, all of which were very good. The margarita that I had was plenty strong but still tasty

The prices were very fair and the location is nice and quiet and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.
    This is easily one of the best places in all of Sosua.

• Many of you may already know the owner Kelsey who is affiliated with the Sosua Suites and a pretty nice hombre as well. Let's all give him our support

I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

Re: Blue C restaurant

Where is it located? Can you give us an idea of the prices? Do they add the 28%?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

its right by casa cayena on the same side of the street. I had the chicken cordon bleu there. it was delicious.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Prices are competitive, right on par with like a Bailey's if not a little below.
    I don't recall on the tax but i think it is already included.
    Not going to break your pocketbook by any means.

I felt like a received value for the quality of the food and drink.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    Where is it located? Can you give us an idea of the prices? Do they add the 28%?
    I don't understand why guys are still bringing up the 28% tax.

The 28% tax is required BY LAW. The government DGII department has one of the most modern tax collection systems in the WORLD today, and penalties for not complying with the tax laws can be severe.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

I eat out pretty much everyday. I won't eat at a place that charges me the 28% tax. Unless the bill is printed. If it is written by hand, not paying it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I eat out pretty much everyday. I won't eat at a place that charges me the 28% tax. Unless the bill is printed. If it is written by hand, not paying it.
    Not sure if we paid that tax the one time we went there in January... Just remember we all enjoyed the meal, and Kelsey gave us a round of shots on the house just because we were friends or staying with Rick or Kelsey at Sosua Suites or Mary Rose... Food and service was good enough that I will go back and that's what it all comes down to in my opinion... Was it good? Good enough to go back? If the answer is yes, its good in my book...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

What does the difference between a bill being printed or hand written have to do with the price of tea in China?

That doesn't make any sense.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    What does the difference between a bill being printed or hand written have to do with the price of tea in China?

That doesn't make any sense.
    Im thinking, that he is thinking, that if it is written down in print, He may be getting charged more then he should be, and possibly the tax paid is not going where it should.. if it is written with a register printed receipt, it is "proof" it is going where it should?

Just a guess, if that makes sense.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Ok, I'll bite.

Why JCrew?

Isn't the 28% charge pretty much standard every where on the Island (not the J-Island seaweed relax) 18% tax 10% service charge (tip).
    I've offended you.....goood

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

I'm assuming you mean this because if it's printed then it's likely legit (because computerized registers are easier to audit) but if it's hand-written they're probably fudging their books and just trying to rip you off for an additional 28%?

But how would you know what kind of bill you're going to get until you get it? If they tack 28% onto a hand-written bill, you're gonna refuse to pay the 28%?

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I'm assuming you mean this because if it's printed then it's likely legit (because computerized registers are easier to audit) but if it's hand-written they're probably fudging their books and just trying to rip you off for an additional 28%?

But how would you know what kind of bill you're going to get until you get it? If they tack 28% onto a hand-written bill, you're gonna refuse to pay the 28%?

I sometimes get confused about this but here is my understanding.
    The 18% tax is like a sales tax (ITBIS)

The 10% is a service tax that some establishments also add or include in the bill. My understanding is that this goes into the pot and is shared with the everyone in the establishment but not necessarily equally so your waiter or waitress may get very little of this. I don't think this is what most of us in the USA would think of as a tip so keep that in consideration if you want something to go directly to your waiter or waitress.

It can be confusing as they don't all do it the same way.

Normally if you look on the menu, somewhere in little print you will see if these taxes are already included in the price.
    Seems like most of them include it.

I usually don't fret about it as I am on vacation and trying to relax.
    But I guess it is good to know so you are not surprised when the bill comes

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Good luck with the not paying. Sooner or later that'll come back to bite you in the ass...

The taxes or whatever constituted the additional % are mandatory and essentially up to the establishment whether or not to include them or add them on. Their tax number has to be (is supposed to be ) displayed and is usually printed on the receipts or register tape. If in doubt and if I gave a hit I'd ask before ordering just to be sure.

IF they are using a generic receipt book without the name of the place and the tax number I can certainly see the concern but I don't recall coming across that and don't see it as a common occurrence. I'd think your best bet in a case like that would be to note the name and location of the place, take a pic of the number if displayed and let the owner know that you'll be reporting him...Then he'll likely back down.

I wouldn't be eager to pay it in a case like that either but I've seen the politur or whatever called more than once when someone has tried to not pay or didn't have enough cash...didn't some gringo get busted for that just last week or so?

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Good luck with the not paying. Sooner or later that'll come back to bite you in the ass...

The taxes or whatever constituted the additional % are mandatory and essentially up to the establishment whether or not to include them or add them on. Their tax number has to be (is supposed to be ) displayed and is usually printed on the receipts or register tape. If in doubt and if I gave a hit I'd ask before ordering just to be sure.
    ?
    How many Dominican restaurants in places like La Union ect. and Pica Pollo spots in the barrio you think are paying that tax? Those place all use generic receipts...if any at all. On the bright side they aren't collecting the tax either.
    Enjoy it while you can.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    How many Dominican restaurants in places like La Union ect. and Pica Pollo spots in the barrio you think are paying that tax? Those place all use generic receipts...if any at all. On the bright side they aren't collecting the tax either.
    Exactly .

I've never (that I recall) been asked to pay the tax as an add on at a place that did not appear legit. The places with the generic receipts aren't even trying to collect it.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post

Also tried a chicken cordon bleu dish and it had wonderful flavor.
    The prices were very fair and the location is nice and quiet and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.
    This is easily one of the best places in all of Sosua.

Quote Originally Posted by voltage69 View Post
    I had the chicken cordon bleu there. it was delicious.
    This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Sosua! I believe the cost was $510 with a very good drink and a very good coffee.

A friend from England had the fish and chips for lunch today and said it was as good as anything back home. $200 pesos, mas o menos.
    Last edited by mho; 05-09-2013 at 03:29 PM.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 236 Posts

Medallions of pork in pepper sauce, drink and coffee...really way too much food for me as I have to take a nap now..the tax is included in the menu price for those concerned.

34. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mho For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Medallions of pork in pepper sauce, drink and coffee...really way too much food for me as I have to take a nap now..the tax is included in the menu price for those concerned.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Looks like the pork dish I had
    Also looks like the Painkiller drink. It is really good.
    Than again it was several days into my trip so everything was tasting good
    Even the chicas

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sadly the Blue C Restaurant is no more

They have almost completed renovation to the location

I was told that it is still the same ownership and will be a bar for now with the possibility of some food offerings in the future.

I always enjoyed eating here as the food was really good but I guess it just did not catch on.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Re: 04/2013 - Blue C restaurant

a bar right next to Casa Cayena.....that could be useful!

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information