Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Color live on the beach

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Living Color live on the beach

Next Saturday May 11th Dream Projects annual concert present Grammy winners Living Color live on Cabarete beach.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Re: Living Color live on the beach

Never heard of them. Perhaps I need to get out more.
    Enjoy it while you can.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Never heard of them. Perhaps I need to get out more.

Best Heavy METAL all black rock band of all time, IMO..

They were huge in the late '80s.. where were you ???
    Dont see how you could have missed them. what were you listening to, George Michael ?
    LOL

The guitatist is SICK, .. mad skills.

A good friend of mine knows these dudes personally, I always wanted to meet them.. but never had the chance.

whoever goes to this Concert, and doesnt have a good time, better check your pulse cuz you may not be alive..
    they can rock.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These are some of the baddest players in rock. The bass player, and guitarist have tremendous credibility as musicians.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rahn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Maybe Rick Ross will be next!

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post

Sosua may be a more appropriate venue....

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post

Best Heavy METAL all black rock band of all time
    , IMO..

Dont see how you could have missed them. what were you listening to, George Michael ?
    LOL

A good friend of mine knows these dudes personally, I always wanted to meet them.. but never had the chance.

whoever goes to this Concert, and doesnt have a good time, better check your pulse cuz you may not be alive..
    they can rock.
    You mean there are more? I really do need to get out more.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

LOL

they can rock.
    I think the guitarist's name is Vernon Reid. That should be a good show. If I was there, I would definitely go. Pre- concert drinks at ohmmmm's place then on to the show!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Ohmmm? you up for that?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    Gee i don't see why not? Especially when D'Latin, Winner Circle keeps playing his crappy music, a lot more than latin music it seems with lyrics line is laced with the N-word.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Next Saturday May 11th Dream Projects annual concert present Grammy winners Living Color live on Cabarete beach.

Click to see pic
    Is Corey Glover, the lead singer will be there? Cause I thought ex Kings X front man Doug Pinnick was in the group.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

LOL

they can rock.
    They were the only all black hard rock/heavy metal band that I know of who achieved some sort of fame.
    WWE wrestler CM Punk uses their greatest hit "The Cult Of Personality" as his intro music.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

When i first started reading the thread, i thought the Wayans brothers were gonna be in Cabarete... Daman, Marlon, Kenen Ivory, etc...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Is Corey Glover, the lead singer will be there? Cause I thought ex Kings X front man Doug Pinnick was in the group.
    Pinnick's on tour w/ King's X right now so I don't think so.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

LOL

they can rock.

I never understood the Vernon Reid worship in the LC days. Solid rhythm player but his leads were (imho) musical gibberish. I've always heard he's really a jazz guy at heart (he was big on the NY avante-garde jazz scene as well), but what I heard on that first LC album wasn't jazz, it was just garbage. A guy I used to know back in the day was Glover's guitar player in his followup project and that guy (Mike Ciro) put Reid to shame. If we're gonna talk black metal/rock players from that era, no one could stand up against Tony MacAlpine, not only was/is he an absolutely sick guitar player, he was also a classically-trained pianist (from the age of like.. 3 or something)... (only watch/listen to these if you have a guitar shred fetish. lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoggYcLGEG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PQCw1dcAM

yup. same guy.

Greg Howe (another one of my favorite players of that era) could really kick it too, unfortunately he never really got the recognition he deserved. look how easy he makes this shit look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AId2ltAfY

as for best all-black rock metal group... No love for Fishbone? The best punk-rock/funk/metal/ska/soul band ever!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They are kicking off a world tour with the DR concert. Japan, Argentina and Rio will be next. And this is the original line up according to their website.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rahn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I never understood the Vernon Reid worship in the LC days. Solid rhythm player but his leads were (imho) musical gibberish. I've always heard he's really a jazz guy at heart (he was big on the NY avante-garde jazz scene as well), but what I heard on that first LC album wasn't jazz, it was just garbage. A guy I used to know back in the day was Glover's guitar player in his followup project and that guy (Mike Ciro) put Reid to shame. If we're gonna talk black metal/rock players from that era, no one could stand up against Tony MacAlpine, not only was/is he an absolutely sick guitar player, he was also a classically-trained pianist (from the age of like.. 3 or something)... (only watch/listen to these if you have a guitar shred fetish. lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoggYcLGEG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PQCw1dcAM

yup. same guy.

Greg Howe (another one of my favorite players of that era) could really kick it too, unfortunately he never really got the recognition he deserved. look how easy he makes this shit look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AId2ltAfY

as for best all-black rock metal group... No love for Fishbone? The best punk-rock/funk/metal/ska/soul band ever!
    What the hell are you talking about? Okay, maybe it's just me.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Gee i don't see why not? Especially when D'Latin, Winner Circle keeps playing his crappy music, a lot more than latin music it seems with lyrics line is laced with the N-word.
    I don't thinkthe Dominicans know that songs laced with the N-Word are not played in public,and definitely not on the radio. Only in places that that sub-culture ofAmerican Society frequents. It is really annoying and offensive to have to listen to thattype of music everywhere on the strip in Sousa.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonymd View Post
    I don't thinkthe Dominicans know that songs laced with the N-Word are not played in public,and definitely not on the radio. Only in places that that sub-culture ofAmerican Society frequents. It is really annoying and offensive to have to listen to thattype of music everywhere on the strip in Sousa.

Forget about not knowing it's not played in public places, they have ZERO idea what the word means. I'm not African-American so I feel as if I have no right to use the word in any capacity, even though most brothers use it as a term of endearment, growing up in Harlem, everyone, and their mother uses it, I just don't. I don't feel comfortable, even though all my friends from around the way use it in reference to me, I don't use it back. now if I hopped on Facebook right now, I can find easily a good dozen or so Dominicans on my friends list who have some stupid ass Facebook name like (Real NWord Whatsup.) or something equally as dumb, and ignorant. I of course don't blame them, because the population as a whole is so ridiculously uneducated, that it's the last thing I expect them to know.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Forget about not knowing it's not played in public places, they have ZERO idea what the word means. I'm not African-American so I feel as if I have no right to use the word in any capacity, even though most brothers use it as a term of endearment, growing up in Harlem, everyone, and their mother uses it, I just don't. I don't feel comfortable, even though all my friends from around the way use it in reference to me, I don't use it back. now if I hopped on Facebook right now, I can find easily a good dozen or so Dominicans on my friends list who have some stupid ass Facebook name like (Real NWord Whatsup.) or something equally as dumb, and ignorant. I of course don't blame them, because the population as a whole is so ridiculously uneducated, that it's the last thing I expect them to know.
    All I know about the N-word is that it's utterly taboo to a man of my Living Whiteness.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information