Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living Color live on the beach

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Re: Living Color live on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I never understood the Vernon Reid worship in the LC days. Solid rhythm player but his leads were (imho) musical gibberish. I've always heard he's really a jazz guy at heart (he was big on the NY avante-garde jazz scene as well), but what I heard on that first LC album wasn't jazz, it was just garbage. A guy I used to know back in the day was Glover's guitar player in his followup project and that guy (Mike Ciro) put Reid to shame. If we're gonna talk black metal/rock players from that era, no one could stand up against Tony MacAlpine, not only was/is he an absolutely sick guitar player, he was also a classically-trained pianist (from the age of like.. 3 or something)... (only watch/listen to these if you have a guitar shred fetish. lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoggYcLGEG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PQCw1dcAM

yup. same guy.

Greg Howe (another one of my favorite players of that era) could really kick it too, unfortunately he never really got the recognition he deserved. look how easy he makes this shit look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AId2ltAfY

as for best all-black rock metal group... No love for Fishbone? The best punk-rock/funk/metal/ska/soul band ever!
    Tony MacAlpine plays his guitar in the neo-classical style that was pioneer by Ritchie Blackmore from Deep Purple. I think think Tony MacAlpine and Steve Howe are extraordinary guitarist but their playing lack soul, I admit Vernon Reid solos are uninspiring. I prefer the solos of Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai and Jimmy Page to MacAlpine and Howe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    Pinnick's on tour w/ King's X right now so I don't think so.
    So do you know if Corey Glover is with the group right now?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonymd View Post
    I don't thinkthe Dominicans know that songs laced with the N-Word are not played in public,and definitely not on the radio. Only in places that that sub-culture ofAmerican Society frequents. It is really annoying and offensive to have to listen to thattype of music everywhere on the strip in Sousa.
    The issue that I have is not only the local Dominicans are listening to this being blasted from these establishment but white Europeans, the Germans,Italians and Dutch are listening to n-word being blasted from these places.And pretty soon these people would start using the n-word liberally. I was in Sosua 2 week ago and Classico is dead, everyone is going to D'latin, it seem like most of the music that was blaring was rap. God do I miss Classico, don't get me wrong I like some rap music but I did not travel thousands and thousands of miles to a foreign tropical latin island to hear Rick Ross and Co. I want to hear latin music like merengue,bachata,cumbia and salsa. If i want to listen to rap I just open up the window of my apartment on the upper west side of Manhattan.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Germans and Dutch will defintely not use the N word. When the Italians use the N word it will not be a term of endearment.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wreckless For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information