Thread: Sosua- Las Terrenas

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Sosua- Las Terrenas

Passport Playa

Join DateAug 2007LocationNew York, USAAge44Posts1,882Blog Entries2Said Thanks14,810Thanked 10,356 Times in 1,633 Posts

Re: 05/2013 - Emenems in this First Trip to DR

Originally Posted by emenems
    Someone has already taken the Guagua beetwen Sosua and Las terrenas (i have to change in Rio San Juan).

Emenems:

There is a gua-gua that will take your from Sosua to Sanchez (which is 30 minutes from Las Terrenas). It is called Papagayo Tours. If you are interested in obtaining the information, "pm" me and I will be more than happy to provide you with the information. Also, there is much fun to be had in Las Terrenas if you know where and when to go (and I am not referring to the Bodega). Again, if you are interested, "pm" me and I will be more than happy to share information with you.

PP

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Sosua- Las Terrenas

Papagayo leaves Puerto Plata 6.00AM and stops in Sosua around 6:30 if I remember correctly but it may be 7:00AM if you want an exact time call them at 829-916-3041 or 809-749-6415. HABLA ESPANOL>>>>>>>> You get dropped off on the Hwy in Sanchez and need to take a gua-gua to Las Terrenas arriving in Las Terrenas 11:00 or so. The up side is arriving early in the day but leaving sosua that early can be tough .

Coming back from Las Terrenas using Papagayo is a little more complicated. Moto to the gua-gua parada on the other side of town and a gua-gua to Sanchez. Transporte Papagayo passes the gas station on the main hwy around 2:00PM and will stop and pick you up if you are waiting. Call him if you like and let him know you are there waiting. I try and start leaving Las Terrenas around 12:30 pm because it takes about an hour to wait for the gua-gua and get to Sanchez. Arrival time in Sosua is 5:30 PM mas or menos.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Sosua- Las Terrenas

Transporte Las Terrenas ;;;

Transporte Las Terrenas is a transport van that goes to Las Terrenas everyday at 1:30 PM. It stops in front of the sports bar across the street from the main gas station in Sosua right beside the public taxi stand. The price to Las Terrenas is 300 pesos.
    He leaves Las Terrenas to make the trip to Sosua and Puerto Plata every morning at 6:00 AM from the lower parada by the cemetery. 829-772-6608 Habla Espanol!!!!! It is fairly direct with a rest stop in Nagua.. 3 1/2hours mas or menos...I can't imagine taking a Guagua it would take 6 hours.

Il ya un van de transport qui va à Las Terrenas tous les jours à 13h30. Il s'arrête devant le bar des sports en face de la gare principale de gaz à Sosua juste à côté de la station de taxis public. Le prix à Las Terrenas est de 300 pesos.
    Il quitte Las Terrenas chaque matin pour faire le voyage à Sosua et Puerto Plata à 06h00. 829-772-6608 Habla Espanol!! Il est assez direct avec une halte à Nagua .. 3 1/2 heures mas ou menos ... Je ne peux pas imaginer prendre un Guagua, il faudrait les 6 heures.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thread Information