Thread: Rio San Juan

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Rio San Juan

Thinking about checking some other places out in the DR with some day trips during my next travel to the DR

I have heard that Rio San Juan has some of the nicest beaches on the North Coast.

Was wondering what other's have to say about nice beaches to travel to around the Sosua area.

Didn't find to much about it here.

It looks like there are guagua's that travel there which would prolly be the cheapest but sometimes cheapest doesn't always equal best. Any recommendations on the best way to get there and back.

ie private taxi, public taxi, rent a car for the day, hire a driver etc.

Not worried about the monger opportunities there as sometimes it is good just to get away for a day and relax and see the countryside.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: Rio San Juan

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Thinking about checking some other places out in the DR with some day trips during my next travel to the DR

I have heard that Rio San Juan has some of the nicest beaches on the North Coast.

Was wondering what other's have to say about nice beaches to travel to around the Sosua area.

Didn't find to much about it here.

It looks like there are guagua's that travel there which would prolly be the cheapest but sometimes cheapest doesn't always equal best. Any recommendations on the best way to get there and back.

ie private taxi, public taxi, rent a car for the day, hire a driver etc.

Not worried about the monger opportunities there as sometimes it is good just to get away for a day and relax and see the countryside.
    I think its about 40 minutes from Sosua. I have gone both by Gwa gwa and public taxi. Both work well.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

stay in Sosua, that's really the best for all mongers

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are a number of great beaches a bit further than Rio San Juan. Playa Grande is one very wide beach with rather big waves. And a bit further was one small very calm beach but cant remember the name of it. I normally rent a car so don't know any other way to get there.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pedrowantit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Hola Jd,

The beaches in the Rio San Juan area are quite nice. There is a nice beach north west of the lagoon(as you approach Laguna Gri Gri circle to your left.) Just past the town is
    Playa Caleton where food and drink can be purchased at the beach restaurants and consumed at a beachside table under the trees. The locals are friendly and helpful. A little spanish
    goes a long way, but there are always locals that speak english. The best way to get there is by carrito. The carritos leave from the lot across from the Texaco gas station in Sosua and cost
    100 RD each way.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    Hola Jd,

The beaches in the Rio San Juan area are quite nice. There is a nice beach north west of the lagoon(as you approach Laguna Gri Gri circle to your left.) Just past the town is
    Playa Caleton where food and drink can be purchased at the beach restaurants and consumed at a beachside table under the trees. The locals are friendly and helpful. A little spanish
    goes a long way, but there are always locals that speak english. The best way to get there is by carrito. The carritos leave from the lot across from the Texaco gas station in Sosua and cost
    100 RD each way.
    The cost has come up then.....I used to play at Playa Grande just outside of Rio San Juan....grab my clubs walk out to public taxi stand pay 50 pesos for the front seat another 10 peso for bus after the last stop in Rio San Juan that takes you rest of the way....120 pesos return...5-6 bucks now is a good price .... My first time $70 US the gringo price...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    Hola Jd,

100 RD each way.

jd- Playa Caleton is a pretty cool, relaxed place and a great spot to spend an afternoon. I've got some pics in a previous tr. Here's the link to the post that is starts with.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...52#post1090952

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    jd- Playa Caleton is a pretty cool, relaxed place and a great spot to spend an afternoon. I've got some pics in a previous tr. Here's the link to the post that is starts with.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...52#post1090952

Thanks for the link and taking the time to put up the report on Rio San Juan.
    I appreciate the info and feel for what it looks like

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Clap Re: Rio San Juan

Yes,a great place to visit. Plus a really cool hotel to shack-up with your favorita, Bahia Blanca, about $33.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Yes,a great place to visit. Plus a really cool hotel to shack-up with your favorita, Bahia Blanca, about $33.
    You said something positive, nice

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Down to more important things.... there is a really good and cheap pico pollo right behind the gas station to the left.
    Its run by some dominican chinese folks!

get like 3 pieces and fries or rice/beans for 90 pesos...
    decent deal :-)

no gringo tax here sidnery :-)

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Went to Rio de Jamao last week. About 40 minutes past Cabarete. Nice place to go with some friends and cookout, swim, dance, drink, etc.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    Went to Rio de Jamao last week. About 40 minutes past Cabarete. Nice place to go with some friends and cookout, swim, dance, drink, etc.
    Rio de Jamao is the second major river crossing south of Sabaneta de Yasica on rte 21 the road that goes to Moca and Santiago.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thread Information