Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2013 - The Director of Tourism ''speaks''

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Re: The Director of Tourism ''speaks''

Looks like I came late to the party, no bueno.

I don't however see any pratical way they will be enforcing this crackdown. I doubt they have the manpower, or capabilities to enforce sting operations, so how will they exactly go about this. Will they just camp outside of bars, and other public places, wait for two seemingly strangers to converse, and once they leave together pounce, and arrest a member said party? Because if their hope is to rid the DR's image as a sex tourism spot, they're going to go above, and beyond the call of duty, and just label the island as a spot no one should travel to for fear of being arrested for banal reasons.

If they do however carry out a successful crackdown on places like Sosua (which I doubt they'll make it happen.) I wonder how many mongers will continue carrying about their quest for carnal pleasures in the DR, and how many will just jump ship all together. It seems Sosua caters for the point, and click monger. The dudes who want available pussy in their face 24/7, and don't need to know more than a handful of words in Spanish. How many will uproot, and start mongering in places like SDQ, and STI (assuming it's still going to be a cake walk in those places), and how many will just move on to another monger friendly destination?

I"m glad this won't affect me to much in the way I carry about my business, for obvious reasons, but I will now without a doubt be more discreet, and careful about the way I do go about my leisurely activities, I rather be safe, than sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Fuck this politically correct North American cultured bull shit... Most North Americans I meet lately (mostly non ISOCers) are repressed bitter angry wimps with defeat and wimpiness written on their forehead. But what you say not to do is secretly what many of us really want to do! I have a few more ideas...how about dropping your pants in the bar and giving 500 pesos to the first chica that kisses your ass, with her tongue... How about screaming as loud as you can, I want to fuck them all!!! How about them showing you their tits and letting you rub their bald pussy in the middle of the bar and freaking smiling and swearing and dry humping every chica that wants to walk past you and get your pesos???
    ohmmmm, you are just so adorable when you talk mean!

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Looks like I came late to the party, no bueno.

I don't however see any pratical way they will be enforcing this crackdown. I doubt they have the manpower, or capabilities to enforce sting operations, so how will they exactly go about this. Will they just camp outside of bars, and other public places, wait for two seemingly strangers to converse, and once they leave together pounce, and arrest a member said party? Because if their hope is to rid the DR's image as a sex tourism spot, they're going to go above, and beyond the call of duty, and just label the island as a spot no one should travel to for fear of being arrested for banal reasons.

If they do however carry out a successful crackdown on places like Sosua (which I doubt they'll make it happen.) I wonder how many mongers will continue carrying about their quest for carnal pleasures in the DR, and how many will just jump ship all together. It seems Sosua caters for the point, and click monger. The dudes who want available pussy in their face 24/7, and don't need to know more than a handful of words in Spanish. How many will uproot, and start mongering in places like SDQ, and STI (assuming it's still going to be a cake walk in those places), and how many will just move on to another monger friendly destination?

I"m glad this won't affect me to much in the way I carry about my business, for obvious reasons, but I will now without a doubt be more discreet, and careful about the way I do go about my leisurely activities, I rather be safe, than sorry.
    From the mouth of the youth, good show young man.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

The dudes who want available pussy in their face 24/7, and don't need to know more than a handful of words in Spanish. How many will uproot, and start mongering in places like SDQ, and STI (assuming it's still going to be a cake walk in those places), and how many will just move on to another monger friendly destination?
    My guess is that most will move on to a more Monger friendly destination.

Mongering in SDQ and STI is not that difficult. I was able to get laid in both cities when my Spanish was extremely limited. The problem is that these cities are not the best set up for a tourist. After you go a couple of times, you run out of things to do during the day. There is no beach. Bars are pretty empty, until late at night. I get bored during the day in DR cities. In Sosua, I simply start my day at Rockies, shoot the shit with other Mongers. Maybe hit the Beach. Maybe FOD. Hit Rumba in the evening. Then hit PC at night. During this whole process, pussy is only a point and click away. This is what I want to do on my vacation.

I understand that some like Santiago and Santo Domingo. Santiago is ok, BUT I HATE SANTO DOMINGO!!!! Traffic is terrible. Driving is insane. The streets are dirty. AND the police.....the police are the most corrupt in the DR. I have spent quite a bit of time in Santo Domingo lately on non-Mongering trips. I can't see why somebody would choose to spend a vacation in this city. But we all have different taste. I will leave Mongering in this city for others.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...2#.UaDmsdhXoSF

They are watching everywhere not just the DR.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    My guess is that most will move on to a more Monger friendly destination.

Mongering in SDQ and STI is not that difficult. I was able to get laid in both cities when my Spanish was extremely limited. The problem is that these cities are not the best set up for a tourist. After you go a couple of times, you run out of things to do during the day. There is no beach. Bars are pretty empty, until late at night. I get bored during the day in DR cities. In Sosua, I simply start my day at Rockies, shoot the shit with other Mongers. Maybe hit the Beach. Maybe FOD. Hit Rumba in the evening. Then hit PC at night. During this whole process, pussy is only a point and click away. This is what I want to do on my vacation.

I understand that some like Santiago and Santo Domingo. Santiago is ok, BUT I HATE SANTO DOMINGO!!!! Traffic is terrible. Driving is insane. The streets are dirty. AND the police.....the police are the most corrupt in the DR. I have spent quite a bit of time in Santo Domingo lately on non-Mongering trips. I can't see why somebody would choose to spend a vacation in this city. But we all have different taste. I will leave Mongering in this city for others.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your point on Santo Domingo. Is traffic terrible? Yes it is without a doubt, are SOME streets dirty? yes they are, but it's a third world country (or under developed nation for the politically correct.) If you were expecting something different, then tough cookie. IDK about the police situation, because I avoid those motherfuckers like the plague, in all my trips to Santo Domingo, I have never once have had a conversation with a PN, IDK why anyone in there right mind would, but I also tend to try avoid drama, and trouble in every which way direction it can come from.

But is there an abundance of things to do in the city? Oh hell yes, many places to visit, and see, many, many, many, many, fine hunnies to step to. Santo Domingo is a fun time, if you know where to go, and what to do. I've spent my last 7 summer vacations there, with an 8th one coming in July, and every summer it amazes me that I find new spots to visit, new places to see, and just generally rediscover the city it seems like every summer.

And also don't forget, soooooooooooo many fine bitches, everywhere you look.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your point on Santo Domingo. Is traffic terrible? Yes it is without a doubt, are SOME streets dirty? yes they are, but it's a third world country (or under developed nation for the politically correct.) If you were expecting something different, then tough cookie. IDK about the police situation, because I avoid those motherfuckers like the plague, in all my trips to Santo Domingo, I have never once have had a conversation with a PN, IDK why anyone in there right mind would, but I also tend to try avoid drama, and trouble in every which way direction it can come from.

But is there an abundance of things to do in the city? Oh hell yes, many places to visit, and see, many, many, many, many, fine hunnies to step to. Santo Domingo is a fun time, if you know where to go, and what to do. I've spent my last 7 summer vacations there, with an 8th one coming in July, and every summer it amazes me that I find new spots to visit, new places to see, and just generally rediscover the city it seems like every summer.

Thanks for saving me the effort. Big City folks can thrive in the Capitol which is the size of Philadelphia and has more to do that the whole rest of the Country combined. The beach is 20 minutes away. Viva Santo Domingo!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Uum, I concur 100%

I've offended you.....goood

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Now the women, I give you that. I have seen some of the finest women in any country in La Capital. And lately, I have turned down more free ass in that city........BUT that is another story.

My point is more about the vacation traveler. I like to relax when I am on vacation.....Fuck a young chica.....Then relax some more. I find nothing relaxing about this city. Maybe some from big citiies have a different perspective. I work in a city. Commute in traffic every day. SD is not the vibe I

You are not a tourist in Santo Domingo Hazo. To be honest, I am not a tourist in Santo Domingo either. I agree that there are things to do, once the business of the day is complete. Daytime for a tourist on a Wednesday??? Leave the city and go to the beach, maybe. The malls don't get good until people get out of work. Give me a small beach town any day on vacation. If I am with a special someone, I know several out of the way beaches where the sand and surf is perfect, no abundance of vendors will bother you, No kids begging for money, and no other gringos in site. Open up the cooler, with cold presidentes. Order pescado from one of only a couple stands on a beach like this. And hold hands with my favorita. NOW THATS A VACATION!

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

You paint a nice picture dquick. I enjoy the big city atmosphere but during the hours between, say....noon and 6 pm, things can be kind of slow and even a bit boring. At least for me, particularly Santiago. Sure, check out the Monument and a few bars in that area, but if you don't know the area as a whole, you might feel kind of stuck. Especially during the week. Regulars and folks who are fluent in spanish would probably disagree. A couple of days there is fine for me. SD I actually like more. The Conde and Zona Colonial, Gazcue (many nice colamdos in that neighborhood to pass the time), the malecon and some bars along the way, not to mention the large hotels. And tons of chicas passing by on the streets and in the malls, even during the day.

Having a beach close by is always a good way to spend that time during the afternoons. I think thats why I have taken a liking to Puerta Plata. It's a bigger city...but not so big, has a nice waterfront with several bars spread along the malecon, plenty of public transport, lots of nice looking chicas (including Haitianas) and you can always enjoy hearing amusing anecdotes from weyland if you offer to buy him a Sprite!

Actually, PP might become a fertile hunting ground in the future for many North Coast travelers if serious reforms are put in place to curtail a certain activity in that little bitty beach town down the road.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 358 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    OmG...Outback Steakhouse! Lol
    this phony national-pride/femi-nazi BS made me want to puke!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bhutto,BhuttoGolly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I think thats why I have taken a liking to Puerta Plata. It's a bigger city...but not so big, has a nice waterfront with several bars spread along the malecon, plenty of public transport, lots of nice looking chicas (including Haitianas) and you can always enjoy hearing amusing anecdotes from weyland if you offer to buy him a Sprite!

Actually, PP might become a fertile hunting ground in the future for many North Coast travelers if serious reforms are put in place to curtail a certain activity in that little bitty beach town down the road.
    In one of the rants by the Tourism Minister he mentioned specific towns to be cleaned up but Pto Pta was not one of them.

Twelve years ago Pto Pta was the whore town on the North Coast before the rise of Sosua. Which is why Dominican Billy started first the Sandtrap (later Blackbeards) and then Field of Dreams there (though in the case of the latter the train had already left the station). There were a dozen florishing whore bars, including Yellowbeards and Mountain View. Maybe we will see the pendulum swing back. I now charge 5 pesos per anecdote. All monies to a good cause.

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unfortunately I can't contribute to the Santo Domingo and Santiago talk. I've been to Sosua a BUNCH of times and haven't felt the need to branch out and my longest trip was a week. I think I would agree with dquick though because I live and work in NYC. I don't think I would enjoy vacationing in a big city when I'm just looking for pussy. Maybe I need some enlightenment about the areas. My buddy just got back from POP on his first trip and said Cristals had better chicks than CMP and Passions. I know, a little pricey but it's on my next trip. Now as far as the crackdown? I have a trip in July coming up. Let's say they really put pressure on the girls and the hordes are no longer at Rumba and D'Latin. I really doubt they'll get rid of Passions, CMP, Cristal and all the suck shacks. So I'll just bide my time until the heat goes away. I've researched other monger spots and have heard mixed reviews. So the situation would have to be pretty dire for me to just go to a completely new place. I live in NYC and the flight to Bangkok is fucking crazy. Is it worth it? I also checked out medellin and a lot of guys are saying it's not what it used to be and scumbag gringos give us a bad name there? Or maybe I'll just quit mongering, get a wifey and hit up the asian rub n tug spots once in a while.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to surreal83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

From Dominican Today

Bill creates Dominican Republic’s 1st "red light district" submitted again

Esther Minyeti. Photo plutis.com
    Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo. – Opposition deputy Esther Minyety on Friday said she submitted the bill to create the "red light district" to the lower Chamber, because the originally proposed legislation had expired.
    The PRD party legislator said she’s confident the bill aimed at establishing norms for streets near historical places where women offer sexual services will pass.
    She said the bill, already sent to a committee of Deputies to study, has the support some 130 lawmakers, from only three just three years ago.
    As to Justice minister Francisco Dominguez’s warning of arresting men who use women’s sexual services, Minyety said there’s no such law, and punishes the pimps instead. "A public policy is needed to create a fixed place for them to offer their services and not at every corner, with skimpy clothing even."
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Now the women, I give you that. I have seen some of the finest women in any country in La Capital. And lately, I have turned down more free ass in that city........BUT that is another story.

My point is more about the vacation traveler. I like to relax when I am on vacation.....Fuck a young chica.....Then relax some more. I find nothing relaxing about this city. Maybe some from big citiies have a different perspective. I work in a city. Commute in traffic every day. SD is not the vibe I

You are not a tourist in Santo Domingo Hazo. To be honest, I am not a tourist in Santo Domingo either. I agree that there are things to do, once the business of the day is complete. Daytime for a tourist on a Wednesday??? Leave the city and go to the beach, maybe. The malls don't get good until people get out of work. Give me a small beach town any day on vacation. If I am with a special someone, I know several out of the way beaches where the sand and surf is perfect, no abundance of vendors will bother you, No kids begging for money, and no other gringos in site. Open up the cooler, with cold presidentes. Order pescado from one of only a couple stands on a beach like this. And hold hands with my favorita. NOW THATS A VACATION!

I don't want to steer this thread away from it's original intent, because we could spend days discussing the merits of Santo Domingo as a vacation spot, until we're both blue in the face, and the best part is there is no right or wrong answer, it's a completely subjective thing.

I will however make the point that daytime on any given day of the week in Santo Domingo, there's something to be done, whether it be chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, or something else. I personally like nothing more than to heading over to Megacentro, going to the last floor grabbing a bite to eat in the food court, parking my ass by the South Eastern corner of the food court, and watching all afternoon as many fine girls, come in, and out of Universidad O & M which is right there, and inviting every single one that tickles my fancy to come sit down, and chat for a while. I have spent hours doing that before just because for me there isn't a better way to kill time on vacation, then just talking to pretty girls. We're probably not going to see eye to eye on this subject because we're into different things, but at least we can both agree that a good vacation is spent in the company of a nice looking girl.

I just wonder how many guys will share your sentiment in terms of mongering elsewhere. I mean how many small beach towns are there out there to monger in? Probably not all that many, so if guys have to branch out to different parts of the world, or the DR how many will be accept to adapt to the change, and how many wont?

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I don't want to steer this thread away from it's original intent, because we could spend days discussing the merits of Santo Domingo as a vacation spot, until we're both blue in the face, and the best part is there is no right or wrong answer, it's a completely subjective thing.

On the contrary, I think that your point goes right to the heart of the matter.

In the Capitol, we find a broader cross section of Dominican culture and the interesting part (to me, anyway) is that what we call "mongering" they look at as a normal part of just being a Man. Not in the way that most sexually repressed U.S. guys do it, getting off the plane and running around like a crazed Horn-Dog, waving money around and making it rain and thinking they're instant Ballers. No. The way that it's done there is more respectful and appreciative and far more subtle. It's more like the mongering experience is a mini romance with all the wonder and mystery that comes with sharing intimacy with a complete stranger, turning that stranger-stranger relationship into the kind of friendship which will bring a smile to our faces as we remember the details of its origin.

I'm sure that there's an easier way to explain this phenomenon in Spanish but I'm just not that good at the language yet. The type of relationship I'm talking about is beneficial to both parties involved and there's nothing disrespectful or abusive about it and it's a small celebration of the thing between Cats and Dogs which happens as often as it needs to in our daily lives to keep them from slipping into boredom and complacency.

This is the way it's done and the push back is against the intrusion of the Vegas Strip style of "I got tha dough, show me that ass" as it runs contrary to the norm which has been accepted and practiced over generations and hundreds of years.

The message I'm getting out of all this legislative posturing is "Come here, share our culture, enjoy our people and their ways but don't try to change things". I read that message Lima Charley and I accept it.

Thanks

I will however make the point that daytime on any given day of the week in Santo Domingo, there's something to be done, whether it be chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, or something else. I personally like nothing more than to heading over to Megacentro, going to the last floor grabbing a bite to eat in the food court, parking my ass by the South Eastern corner of the food court, and watching all afternoon as many fine girls, come in, and out of Universidad O & M which is right there, and inviting every single one that tickles my fancy to come sit down, and chat for a while. I have spent hours doing that before just because for me there isn't a better way to kill time on vacation, then just talking to pretty girls. We're probably not going to see eye to eye on this subject because we're into different things, but at least we can both agree that a good vacation is spent in the company of a nice looking girl.

I just wonder how many guys will share your sentiment in terms of mongering elsewhere. I mean how many small beach towns are there out there to monger in? Probably not all that many, so if guys have to branch out to different parts of the world, or the DR how many will be accept to adapt to the change, and how many wont?
    I have seen crackdowns in the US in the past. Guys will go away for a while, then another area in the same city will pick up. The word gets out and guys go to the new area. I bet the same thing will happen in the DR, especially since we have the internet and sites like this. If they get serious about cleaning up Sosua, they can easily run most mongers and chicas out of town. BUT as Weyland suggested, maybe Puerto Plata will pick up. Maybe one of the may Dominican clubs in Puerto Plata will start catering to Mongers. Hell, maybe Armando will open a Classicos II in Puerto Plata. Word will spread and guys will start booking hotels in Puerto Plata.

Or maybe the crackdown will be big in Sosua, but not in Boca. And what about all the other small beach towns in Dominican Republic. Let's say Cabrera for argument. You add a few hoes, more Mongers will visit. If Mongers started visiting regularly, more girls will start to come. Ex-pats will start buying hotels and caiter to Mongers. This will feed on itself and under 5 years, you will have a new Sosua......Well maybe not in Cabrera. It is not close to an airport and there are Dominicans with money in the area. They would not let this get started......But you get the point.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post

This is the way it's done and the push back is against the intrusion of the Vegas Strip style of "I got tha dough, show me that ass" as it runs contrary to the norm which has been accepted and practiced over generations and hundreds of years.

The message I'm getting out of all this legislative posturing is "Come here, share our culture, enjoy our people and their ways but don't try to change things". I read that message Lima Charley and I accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    As to Justice minister Francisco Dominguez’s warning of arresting men who use women’s sexual services, Minyety said there’s no such law, and punishes the pimps instead. "A public policy is needed to create a fixed place for them to offer their services and not at every corner, with skimpy clothing even."
    Greydread,

You have a good point. I don't think anybody is against the type of subtle Mongering you are talking about. I once got the number of a chica working in the gift shop outside of POP airport. Called her up, met her in Cabarete, and ended the night between the sheets. (Of course, she did not meet me in Sosua.) Yes, she was looking for a little financial help in the morning, but this is not the "in your face" mongering that I do in Sosua.

The real solution is what is being proposed by Minyety. Set up a red light district and contain the "in your face" prostitution to those areas. It is good to here that there are Dominican Politicians that can find a solution which will make everybody happy.

I have a proposal for a red light district in Sosua. Start a Passions on PC and end at the Casino, where After 1 is our late night spot. I can see keeping the "in your face" stuff off the beach. Dominican families come to the beach on Sundays and the beach does attract Non-monger tourists. Containing our activities to one long street, will make most happy....with the agreement that our activity would not be allowed to spread.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    On the contrary, I think that your point goes right to the heart of the matter.

In the Capitol, we find a broader cross section of Dominican culture and the interesting part (to me, anyway) is that what we call "mongering" they look at as a normal part of just being a Man. Not in the way that most sexually repressed U.S. guys do it, getting off the plane and running around like a crazed Horn-Dog, waving money around and making it rain and thinking they're instant Ballers. No. The way that it's done there is more respectful and appreciative and far more subtle. It's more like the mongering experience is a mini romance with all the wonder and mystery that comes with sharing intimacy with a complete stranger, turning that stranger-stranger relationship into the kind of friendship which will bring a smile to our faces as we remember the details of its origin.
    Bingo. It wasn't that long ago that this was the ONLY way it was done. Discreet. Out of view. No advertising. No splashing videos all over the internet of "the girls I fucked"

I'm glad to see the politicos aren't too crazy about eliminating it lock, stock and barrel either.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information