Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2013 - The Director of Tourism ''speaks''

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Re: The Director of Tourism ''speaks''

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

I'm glad to see the politicos aren't too crazy about eliminating it lock, stock and barrel either.
    They want their pay-off money just as much as the cops...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    They want their pay-off money just as much as the cops...
    Um... no, they wanna get laid just like the rest of us.

A lot of the politicos here are guys that aren't half as smart as the rest of us, who happen to get elected to the gravy train that is known as politics here.

More than a few have been chastised for playing around with girls that haven't quite reached their 18th birthday yet.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

https://bigstory.ap.org/article/domi...n-prostitution

So they spash this all over the AP news and then decide to try an create a red light district. Wow what a country.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Don't they realize that guys are gonna still hit the bars and try to get laid. Whether they pay or not really doesn't make a difference.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Hilarious. Guys from a bunch of countries with limited legality (US, Canada, Australia) flocking to countries where prostitution is illegal (Thailand, Jamaica, Philippines) for the purposes of procuring....Prostitutes

You can't make this shit up!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Saw a gringo out yesterday in PP who looked to be 60+ with what looked like a barely 18yo chica. My guess is that's the type of guy who might draw some attention. Although many gringos might live in denial even the Dominicans are smart enough to know those chicas aren't with us out of love.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Hilarious. Guys from a bunch of countries with limited legality (US, Canada, Australia) flocking to countries where prostitution is illegal (Thailand, Jamaica, Philippines) for the purposes of procuring....Prostitutes

If you haven't, you have to read further into each country... Some countries and their laws involving prostitution are pretty funny..

Some not funny, but absurd and pretty sad...

For example: Indonesia

"Prostitution is not specifically addressed in the law. However, many officials interpreted "crimes against decency/morality" to apply to prostitution. Prostitution was widespread and largely tolerated, despite its contradiction with popular societal and religious norms. During the year security forces reportedly participated in operating brothels or protection rackets by shielding brothels from prosecution. International sex tourism reportedly continued, especially on the islands of Batam and Karimun and in major urban centers across the country...
    The number of child prostitutes in the country was unclear, but the problem was widespread. Many teenage girls were forced into or found themselves caught in debt bondage. At times law enforcement officials treated child prostitutes as criminals rather than victims. Corrupt civil servants issued identity cards to underage girls, facilitating entry into the sex trade. There also were reports of sexual exploitation of boys. The country was a destination for child sex tourism. During the year NGOs reported that long active pedophile rings continued to operate in Bali. NGO observers said many girls were forced into prostitution after failed marriages entered into when they were 10 to 14 years of age. There was no obvious violation of the law because their paperwork identified them as adults due to the fact that they were once married."

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Saw a gringo out yesterday in PP who looked to be 60+ with what looked like a barely 18yo chica. My guess is that's the type of guy who might draw some attention. Although many gringos might live in denial even the Dominicans are smart enough to know those chicas aren't with us out of love.
    Did you say hi to Weyland? lol

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

If you haven't, you have to read further into each country... Some countries and their laws involving prostitution are pretty funny..

Some not funny, but absurd and pretty sad...

For example: Indonesia

"Prostitution is not specifically addressed in the law. However, many officials interpreted "crimes against decency/morality" to apply to prostitution. Prostitution was widespread and largely tolerated, despite its contradiction with popular societal and religious norms. During the year security forces reportedly participated in operating brothels or protection rackets by shielding brothels from prosecution. International sex tourism reportedly continued, especially on the islands of Batam and Karimun and in major urban centers across the country...
    The number of child prostitutes in the country was unclear, but the problem was widespread. Many teenage girls were forced into or found themselves caught in debt bondage. At times law enforcement officials treated child prostitutes as criminals rather than victims. Corrupt civil servants issued identity cards to underage girls, facilitating entry into the sex trade. There also were reports of sexual exploitation of boys. The country was a destination for child sex tourism. During the year NGOs reported that long active pedophile rings continued to operate in Bali. NGO observers said many girls were forced into prostitution after failed marriages entered into when they were 10 to 14 years of age. There was no obvious violation of the law because their paperwork identified them as adults due to the fact that they were once married."
    Funny you brought this one up. It caught my eye 1st.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Funny you brought this one up. It caught my eye 1st.
    Probably not by accident... After seeing a couple guys reports on Jakarta, it sounds pretty tempting... Allie had some stunners IMO...

As of today, Jakarta and AC are on top of my list of places I would love to be...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Did you say hi to Weyland? lol
    This guy was too handsome, too young, and too fit to be weyland. lol

Haven't seen weyland in some time but, this being such a short trip (only 4 days on the ground) can't say he was a priority. No offense, weyland.

One more night and got to make the best of it.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

On the contrary, I think that your point goes right to the heart of the matter.

In the Capitol, we find a broader cross section of Dominican culture and the interesting part (to me, anyway) is that what we call "mongering" they look at as a normal part of just being a Man. Not in the way that most sexually repressed U.S. guys do it, getting off the plane and running around like a crazed Horn-Dog, waving money around and making it rain and thinking they're instant Ballers. No. The way that it's done there is more respectful and appreciative and far more subtle. It's more like the mongering experience is a mini romance with all the wonder and mystery that comes with sharing intimacy with a complete stranger, turning that stranger-stranger relationship into the kind of friendship which will bring a smile to our faces as we remember the details of its origin.

I'm sure that there's an easier way to explain this phenomenon in Spanish but I'm just not that good at the language yet. The type of relationship I'm talking about is beneficial to both parties involved and there's nothing disrespectful or abusive about it and it's a small celebration of the thing between Cats and Dogs which happens as often as it needs to in our daily lives to keep them from slipping into boredom and complacency.

This is the way it's done and the push back is against the intrusion of the Vegas Strip style of "I got tha dough, show me that ass" as it runs contrary to the norm which has been accepted and practiced over generations and hundreds of years.

The message I'm getting out of all this legislative posturing is "Come here, share our culture, enjoy our people and their ways but don't try to change things". I read that message Lima Charley and I accept it.
    This is how I was taught to do it in Santiago as well. It's a part of their culture, and to be honest, I can't think of a way to explain it in Spanish either. I guess the closest I've heard is when a dominicano refers to his "amante", or lover. But this is more of a regular relationship than the occasional toto for "ayuda" that is the most common way toto is "traded" in that country. An amante is usually a young chick that you are "sponsoring" so to speak. It's a relationship between two people that is rarely negotiated, whether it's your amante, or some young piece you chatted up at a colmado. It simply occurs based upon a mutual understanding that this is how it is done. You've taken the time to talk to her, vet her suitability, and you move forward assuming she'll perform. While she has sized you up, decided you're not a cheap-ass, and moves forward assuming you'll be generous.

It's beautiful in it's simplicity, and most importantly, it's discretion. Yes, it's takes more time. But then, it's really not based upon short-time vacation principles. Yet, I think that the rewards are greater in that it consistently results in a much more satisfying experience.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    This is how I was taught to do it in Santiago as well. It's a part of their culture, and to be honest, I can't think of a way to explain it in Spanish either. I guess the closest I've heard is when a dominicano refers to his "amante", or lover. But this is more of a regular relationship than the occasional toto for "ayuda" that is the most common way toto is "traded" in that country. An amante is usually a young chick that you are "sponsoring" so to speak. It's a relationship between two people that is rarely negotiated, whether it's your amante, or some young piece you chatted up at a colmado. It simply occurs based upon a mutual understanding that this is how it is done. You've taken the time to talk to her, vet her suitability, and you move forward assuming she'll perform. While she has sized you up, decided you're not a cheap-ass, and moves forward assuming you'll be generous.

It's beautiful in it's simplicity, and most importantly, it's discretion. Yes, it's takes more time. But then, it's really not based upon short-time vacation principles. Yet, I think that the rewards are greater in that it consistently results in a much more satisfying experience.
    This is as good and accurate a description as I've ever heard or read. You can't describe it in Spanish because it's not discussed. The closest you'll probably get is saying "Una amiga que estoy ayudando." Or the girl might ask the benefactor, "Papi, dame una ayudita para mis clases." That's part of the discretion aspect. It's informal, flexible, and quiet.

27. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    This is as good and accurate a description as I've ever heard or read. You can't describe it in Spanish because it's not discussed. The closest you'll probably get is saying "Una amiga que estoy ayudando." Or the girl might ask the benefactor, "Papi, dame una ayudita para mis clases." That's part of the discretion aspect. It's informal, flexible, and quiet.
    For those of you that are making an effort of comprehending this train of thought, this should help explain why there are many times a girl will tell you "I'm not a prostitute."

In her mind, she isn't. She's looking for the "galan" that will enter into the type of agreement that's beneficial to both, without the degrading experience they end up getting.

At lot of girls go to Sosua because they hear the gringo tourists will treat them very nice, and give them money to boot.

When they first hit that town, they are probably more surprised than anybody when they first words they get is the "Hi, what's your name? 1500 fucky sucky?" coming from men they thought would treat them nice.

They think they'll meet a guy that will talk to them, spend some time with them, and maybe if they're lucky, fall in love with them.

It only takes them a few days to adapt to how things work, and before you know it, they become the "dame leche" girls that none of us like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    Sounds like we are talking about my rich Dominican friend that owns the wholesale business in Santiago... When he is home and with the family, its all about family, spending time, eating, and nothing else...

But when he wants to hang with his friends and go out, thats when his "friends" are in the picture... He has a couple of side pieces, they know he is married and has a family, they know he will take care of them monetarily, and they know when he is not with them, he is a family man... There is nothing expected by the side pieces other then sex, money, and have a nice day... Call you when i'm free... They also know that if they see him in public, they don't know him... The cabana for the most part is the only place they are together... The End...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like we are talking about my rich Dominican friend that owns the wholesale business in Santiago... When he is home and with the family, its all about family, spending time, eating, and nothing else...

But when he wants to hang with his friends and go out, thats when his "friends" are in the picture... He has a couple of side pieces, they know he is married and has a family, they know he will take care of them monetarily, and they know when he is not with them, he is a family man... There is nothing expected by the side pieces other then sex, money, and have a nice day... Call you when i'm free... They also know that if they see him in public, they don't know him... The cabana for the most part is the only place they are together... The End...
    It really is a wonderful setup!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As far as the topic at hand, here's a letter to the editor in the Listin Diario that sums up my opinion better than I could write it.

http://www.listin.com.do/puntos-de-v...719/Si-pero-no

Si no se trata de un juego -y menos de un amago protagónico del Procurador-, entonces lo primero que debió buscar el doctor Francisco Domínguez Brito era ganar aliados para garantizar el éxito de su cruzada con el tema de la prostitución. Y para conseguir respaldo y poder encarar juntos un problema tan sensitivo, de tantas implicaciones y de profundas raíces económico-sociales de por medio, había que poner bien en claro que la intención no era dañarle el negocio a nadie ni perseguir a quienes, en definitiva, son víctimas.
    Si alguien se llegó a reír de los planes o las advertencias del Procurador, como el mismo refiere, debió ser por la convicción generalizada de que la prostitución es una realidad ancestral con la que no ha podido nada ni nadie, y que en el país es historia, que ni Trujillo en sus mejores tiempos encontró cómo enfrentarla, pues cuando intentó meterle el pico cerrando bares y negocios donde se comercializaba el sexo, le observaron que consumo de bebidas y recaudaciones se fueron al suelo en poco tiempo.
    Ahora, frente a la advertencia del procurador Domínguez Brito de perseguir judicialmente a quienes sean encontrados buscando sexo por dinero, las primeras en protestar son las mujeres que tienen dicha actividad por oficio o trabajo para comer y mantener a sus hijos, alegando que los clientes se han alejado en por lo menos un 50%.
    En pocas palabras, que las amenazas del Procurador les han echado a perder el negocio. Es una pena porque la intención es buena e incluso hay que reconocer que, ante no hacer nada por el problema y quedarse de brazos cruzados, es plausible la iniciativa del funcionario del área judicial. Hubo un problema de enfoque a la entrada, con lo de “apresar a los clientes” de quienes ejercen la prostitución, pero como él mismo expresara a Diario Libre, lo más importante es “generar un debate sobre algo que no es sólo un abuso a la víctima, sino de otros aspectos que al país debería llamarle enormemente la atención”.
    Por lo pronto, vale la preocupación de que al país se le venda como un paraíso sexual, así como la disposición de golpear a las redes mafiosas que, por medio del secuestro, engaño, encierro y todo tipo de abuso, reclutan a las víctimas, muchas de ellas menores de edad. A eso es que hay que entrarle, ¡no a clientes y víctimas!
    Run it through Google Translate cause I don't have the time to translate the whole thing.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

What about Afghanistan? I read that since the Taliban has been shoved aside (well....I suppose the jury is still out on that to be honest...) prostitution is thriving. So anybody up for a trip to Kabul?

I imagine there are some short time rooms out back of Habib's House of Kebab's.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Great post DC and Uncle Ruckus!!

Oh, Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers. I know I did my part in helping a few chicas buy some gifts for their mothers this weekend.

Also is it a combination of Memorial day in America and Mothers's day in DR that has brought out the Dominicans? I guess The ones that could get a ticket from the U.S. made it back home. The Casinos were super packed with families.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information