Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2013 - FLYING into STI in the early early AM

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Re: FLYING into STI in the early early AM

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Ive only taken the metro once and this only time and it was a lot closer to empty then full maybe 20 people. From research I got the impression it wasnt a full bus. The metro part was the best part the ordeal
    Caribe Express now has double decker buses. The house cleaner went up north last week and got the front seat on the second floor. She said it was great, but cold.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Caribe Express now has double decker buses. The house cleaner went up north last week and got the front seat on the second floor. She said it was great, but cold.
    I swear these Dominicanas need a Blankie when its below 75... if she says it was "COLD", its probably just PERFECT for the rest of us .. LOL
    That double decker sounds Sweet.
    So Caribe tours is making a move against METRO ,and finally upgrading its image and raggedy ass Buses ?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    I swear these Dominicanas need a Blankie when its below 75... if she says it was "COLD", its probably just PERFECT for the rest of us .. LOL
    So Caribe tours is making a move against METRO ,and finally upgrading its image and raggedy ass Buses ?
    Caribe Tours also has a big division dedicated to moving private Free Zone employees. (I see 30-40 of them every morning).

Demand for buses for that division is what usually drives the purchase of new buses for public transportation(when the older vehicles are transferred), but they buy a few or so new ones every year for the public side in any case.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 06-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    @Robert, the Hotel Colonial is a fucking shithole, actually is redefines the term shithole. I've stayed there twice now and will prolly stay a couple more times but I would not suggest the place to anyone. The neighborhood is a hood, the rooms are not clean, the random cats scare the shit out of you if you stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the first floor has rooms but it's noisy and you can't sleep....oh and my tablet grew some legs there....

You are right. It is a shithole. But whenever I have stayed there the sheets have been clean and all I am looking for is a place for a few hours of sleep. I have never felt unsafe there. They have made sure I had a taxi at a decent rate waiting for me at 4 AM to head to the airport. Last time I overslept and they woke me up or I would have missed my flight. My expectations aren't high for $23.
    Enjoy it while you can.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

All the cab drivers have discount cards for all types of shit. Everytime im in a cab I ask them what they got. They always have these two for zues...

I know they are alittle blurry.. One is 50%of presidential, vice presidential, and executive suites...24/7. The other is room and a beer. I always have gotten a grande. The stay is 4 hrs
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

Finally got a Chance to Ride on the new CARIBE TOURS DOUBLE Decker from Santiago to Charamicos (the other side of Playa sosua for you new guys)
    from there the taxi was like 200 pesos, but so what.
    Here is what I got out of it..

The Metro would have left Santiago at like 1 pm, cuz no way I was making the 9 am, as my flight was to arrive at 9:30 but i did get in early but not early enough.
    and I would have arrived maybe at like 3 pm in Sosua.. that too much fucking time wasted..
    So The Caribe Bus, leaves like every hour and the 10 am had me in Charamicos at like 12 noon.
    , IMO they gave me 3 hours free Vacation time..and that has huge value.
    The bus itself, sorry I dont have pictures, is VERY NICE, comfortable, New, and the AC KICKS ass.. I was upstairs which was most relaxing.
    .. the downstairs even has a bathroom and they have like a Huge loading space in the back of the bus that opens up, its almost like a Garage its so big..
    But here is the BEST part.
    You get a TICKET for each of your Bags, and you hold on to your stub. So NO way some fool is gonna walk off with your Luggage unless you lose that ticket.
    This has even MORE Value... and not sure if it that was mentioned before.
    it really looks like Caribe is making a Move on Metro.
    They are my new Bus Co for the time being.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

I found this pic in my camera, I think its the seats they had outside the STI airport. I think this is what I used as a bed, which you can imagine was very comfortable bed. I think the size is homeless.

If I ever do this again, I will be going to one of the cabanas down the road towards the bus stop

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information