Thread: 06/2013 - D.R. prostitution still in news

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

06/2013 - D.R. prostitution still in news

Tourists beware of taking part in prostitution, top prosecutor warns

From Dominican Today

Warning, hookers are everywhere...
    Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo. – Justice minister Francisco Domínguez on Thursday urged the Tourism Ministry to warn tourists against supporting, complicity with or connivance with prostitution businesses, sexual exploitation or pandering.

"We ask you take the pertinent steps with hotel operators and the sector tourism in general, to let them know of our policy concerning criminal cases of pimping and human trafficking, and practices regarding sexual exploitation," the official says in a letter to Tourism minister Francisco Javier Garcia.

To fight prostitution, Dominguez announced the creation this year of the Special Prosecutor for Migrants Smuggling and Trafficking in Persons, headed by Jonathan Baro, as part of a plan to prevent and prosecute the crime.

As a result of the work by that agency and by the provincial prosecutors, which have been trained for the task, several businesses have been closed recently in various regions, where their owners or managers have been indicted and jailed pending investigations.
    Dominguez also hailed the Tourism Ministry’s collaboration in all efforts to prosecute the various forms of the exploitation of children.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Mad Re: D.R. prostitution still in news

Haiti ranked third in global human slavery. It's no wonder why so many Haitian women are here in the Dominican Republic.
    The Dominican Republic is ranked 132, the United States at 145 and Canada at 151.
    Today, Tuesday 2 December 2014 in Vatican City, Pope Francis and Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Christian leaders pledged to use their religions to help stamp out modern slavery and human trafficking by 2020.

Coincidentally, an editorial column today, Tuesday 2 December 2014, Nelson Rodriguez of Diario Libre comments that pro-Haitian campaigners are either "blind or cross-eyed" when ignoring widespread slavery in Haiti. Rodriguez comments that whoever calls Dominicans xenophobic or racist looks the other way when it's about Haiti. He mentions the Walk Free Foundation 2014 Global Slavery Index presents Haiti as third in the world in prevalence of modern slavery. Haiti is ranked third in the world behind Mauritania and Uzbekistan in identified slavery cases. The Dominican Republic is ranked 132nd of 167 countries.

The reason for the high ranking of slavery in Haiti is the prevalence of the restavek system. Children are sent to work for other families, usually because their own parents do not have the means to care for them. Many restavek children experience exploitation in the home of their caretakers, including forced domestic service, and chronic verbal, physical and sexual abuse.

The 2014 Global Slavery Index presents a ranking of 167 countries based on the percentage of a country's population that is estimated to be in modern slavery. This year it has also ranked countries based on what actions their governments are taking to end modern slavery.

http://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-...n-slavery.html

http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: D.R. prostitution still in news

What a bunch of bullshit. Human slavery is measured how? ...and the correlation to prostitution in countries where prostitution is legal is determined how? The USA response to this condition is rated near the top even though there are 50 million People enslaved by poverty...how does that work again?

There are 23 People in Iceland subjugated under modern day slavery according to the link. Why didn't they bother to name them? The Hoing game and "modern day slavery" are two completely different subjects in 2014.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit. Human slavery is measured how? ...and the correlation to prostitution in countries where prostitution is legal is determined how? The USA response to this condition is rated near the top even though there are 50 million People enslaved by poverty...how does that work again?

There are 23 People in Iceland subjugated under modern day slavery according to the link. Why didn't they bother to name them? The Hoing game and "modern day slavery" are two completely different subjects in 2014.
    Blame is the name of the game ... and finding someone to shame-and-blame, of course.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

If being enslaved by poverty qualifies than a lot more Dominicans would qualify. I believe that the criteria they are using is "Restavec" and not forced prostitution. But if you were a child and abused as an indentured servant the transition to prostitution would be a small step I would think.

A restavec from the French language reste avec, "one who stays with" is a child who is sent by his or her parents to work for a host household as a domestic servant because the parents lack the resources required to support the child. Restavec may refer to any child staying with a host family, but usually refers specifically to those who are indentured.

In Haiti, parents unable to care for children may send them to live with more capable families; often their own relatives or friends. This is tolerated in Haitian culture, but not considered to be preferable. Often the relatives who host restavecs live in more urban areas. The children receive food and housing (and sometimes an education) in exchange for doing housework. However, many restavecs live in poverty, may not receive proper education, and may be abused.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    If being enslaved by poverty qualifies than a lot more Dominicans would qualify. I believe that the criteria they are using is "Restavec" and not forced prostitution. But if you were a child and abused as an indentured servant the transition to prostitution would be a small step I would think.

A restavec from the French language reste avec, "one who stays with" is a child who is sent by his or her parents to work for a host household as a domestic servant because the parents lack the resources required to support the child. Restavec may refer to any child staying with a host family, but usually refers specifically to those who are indentured.

In Haiti, parents unable to care for children may send them to live with more capable families; often their own relatives or friends. This is tolerated in Haitian culture, but not considered to be preferable. Often the relatives who host restavecs live in more urban areas. The children receive food and housing (and sometimes an education) in exchange for doing housework. However, many restavecs live in poverty, may not receive proper education, and may be abused.
    I am familiar with this practice. It exists worldwide. Is starvation a reasonable alternative?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

I am familiar with this practice. It exists worldwide. Is starvation a reasonable alternative?
    I grew up in 'relative poverty,' i.e. poor-but-proud, in Arlington, VA (inside the DC Beltway) - that is to say, I was 'poor' by local standards, but I was rich beyond the comprehension of the poor of the 'third world.' I mean, I went to bed, my own bed, with a full belly, I was adequately clothed, and I went to public schools that were rated "among the best in the USA" in the Fifties and Sixties, when I attended them.

But if I'd been born in Haiti, I think I'd have preferred 'reste avec' to death by starvation. Silly me - but then, I'm a man, a male with dangling sex-bits, not one of the "poor poor victims" (i.e. female) that are favored as the 'victims' of the Standard Narrative of Sex Trafficking Victimhood.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I grew up in 'relative poverty,' i.e. poor-but-proud, in Arlington, VA (inside the DC Beltway) - that is to say, I was 'poor' by local standards, but I was rich beyond the comprehension of the poor of the 'third world.' I mean, I went to bed, my own bed, with a full belly, I was adequately clothed, and I went to public schools that were rated "among the best in the USA" in the Fifties and Sixties, when I attended them.

But if I'd been born in Haiti, I think I'd have preferred 'reste avec' to death by starvation. Silly me - but then, I'm a man, a male with dangling sex-bits, not one of the "poor poor victims" (i.e. female) that are favored as the 'victims' of the Standard Narrative of Sex Trafficking Victimhood.
    Okay but that doesn't speak to my reality which is that to my knowledge, all the Women I've partied with chose that path. This is the reason why I have a tough time mixing the two subjects. I'm talking about Women I've known on 6 continents here.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Okay but that doesn't speak to my reality which is that to my knowledge, all the Women I've partied with chose that path. This is the reason why I have a tough time mixing the two subjects. I'm talking about Women I've known on 6 continents here.
    Chose like choosing between a normal job to provide basic need for them and close ones or prostitute to have more stuff, money, clothes, phone etc..
    Or willingly prostitute themselves because there's no other choice to either do it or starve.

Because i would never choose to suck your dick but if my kids were to die of starvation, i would probably do it or try to steel your money.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    Chose like choosing between a normal job to provide basic need for them and close ones or prostitute to have more stuff, money, clothes, phone etc..
    Or willingly prostitute themselves because there's no other choice to either do it or starve.
    most countries mi been to.......it's the former......dem too lazy to get a real job and their taking the easy way out by being a hooker.......
    though some tell mi they have no other choice cause their are no jobs and they don't want to starve......
    but mi usually don't buy that chit since there are jobs......and they won't go out door knocking looking.......
    most gurls rather sit around der board shack and smoke.......eat mangos.......and watch TV all day versus doing anything else.....cause dats what dem use to
    and then there are the gurls that have had the jobs.....but find it's more suitable to grab $50US-$100US for a night with a stranger....than to work a whole week for dat money

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    most countries mi been to.......it's the former......dem too lazy to get a real job and their taking the easy way out by being a hooker.......
    though some tell mi they have no other choice cause their are no jobs and they don't want to starve......
    but mi usually don't buy that chit since there are jobs......and they won't go out door knocking looking.......
    most gurls rather sit around der board shack and smoke.......eat mangos.......and watch TV all day versus doing anything else.....cause dats what dem use to
    and then there are the gurls that have had the jobs.....but find it's more suitable to grab $50US-$100US for a night with a stranger....than to work a whole week for dat money
    You would think all of the really ugly women would be dead or at least really skinny.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    You would think all of the really ugly women would be dead or at least really skinny.
    You'd be surprised at the women local men would pay for sex. Older gentlemen will pay a few hundred pesos for just about anything with a hole between it's legs.

You can survive on a few hundred pesos every day.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You'd be surprised at the women local men would pay for sex. Older gentlemen will pay a few hundred pesos for just about anything with a hole between it's legs.

You can survive on a few hundred pesos every day.
    So would some of the mongers, look at some of the pics posted here.. What scares me to think about are the ones not posted here.... jajajajaj
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Because i would never choose to suck your dick but if my kids were to die of starvation, i would probably do it or try to steel your money.
    They got started in their barrios sucking dicks for free. I represent an opportunity to earn money doing what they'd be doing for free. Sort of like professional athletes.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    I agree that some of them are too lazy, and thats valid to whores all over the wold.
    My answer to greydread was about ALL of them choosing to hang out with him, or you or me.
    My question is if all these girls lived in a 1st wold environment, would they still all be doing this by choice.
    I live with a 22 year old girl whos says she loves me and treats me like a normal boyfriend, and really makes me feel like she does.
    But i perfectly know that if she was not here in the D.R. she wouldnt even look at me. In canada, by choice, she would be with a 25-30 year old guy, with a job, a car and some money.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

I agree that some of them are too lazy, and thats valid to whores all over the wold.
    My answer to greydread was about ALL of them choosing to hang out with him, or you or me.
    My question is if all these girls lived in a 1st wold environment, would they still all be doing this by choice.
    I live with a 22 year old girl whos says she loves me and treats me like a normal boyfriend, and really makes me feel like she does.
    But i perfectly know that if she was not here in the D.R. she wouldnt even look at me. In canada, by choice, she would be with a 25-30 year old guy, with a job, a car and some money.
    Let me give you an example of how tough it is for a single mother here.

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money. Here's her numbers:

salario $17,642.00
    child support $3,000.00
    total $20,642.00
    Renta $5,500.00
    colegio $1,300.00
    Transporte $1,000.00
    atencion/comida nina $3,000.00
    Cable $600.00
    Mama $2,000.00
    compras super $4,000.00
    compra nina $4,485.70
    total gastos $21,885.70
    sobrante ($1,243.70)

So, she makes 20K a month, and her bills add up to almost 22K a month.

Looking at that budget, where do you cut?

32. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money. Here's her numbers:

salario $17,642.00
    child support $3,000.00
    total $20,642.00
    Renta $5,500.00
    colegio $1,300.00
    Transporte $1,000.00
    Cable $600.00
    Mama $2,000.00
    compras super $4,000.00
    compra nina $4,485.70
    total gastos $21,885.70
    sobrante ($1,243.70)

And she makes much more than the average single mother in the DR.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

salario $17,642.00
    child support $3,000.00
    total $20,642.00
    Renta $5,500.00
    colegio $1,300.00
    Transporte $1,000.00
    Cable $600.00
    Mama $2,000.00
    compras super $4,000.00
    compra nina $4,485.70
    total gastos $21,885.70
    sobrante ($1,243.70)

And she is making good coin!! Most Chicas I know make less than 15, 000 usually 6000 pesos every two weeks. Working 6 days, about ten hours. The only way to do it is live with family. And pampers are expensive and even foods like platanos now.
    Last edited by tgunz; 12-03-2014 at 02:19 PM.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,481 Times in 10,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    And she is making good coin!! Most Chicas I know make less than 15, 000 usually 6000 pesos every two weeks. Working 6 days, about ten hours. The only way to do it is live with family. And papers are expensive and even foods like platanos now.

My favorita makes 8000 Pesos every 2 weeks for 6 days x 9 hours ,,,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    My favorita makes 8000 Pesos every 2 weeks for 6 days x 9 hours ,,,,,,,,
    My 400 peso chica makes 9600 for my 8 days here and goes for a swim and is out in under 88 minutes.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information