Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06/2013 - D.R. prostitution still in news

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Re: D.R. prostitution still in news

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Let me give you an example of how tough it is for a single mother here.

I am helping one of my employees set up a budget, because she says she never has money.

So, she makes 20K a month, and her bills add up to almost 22K a month.

Looking at that budget, where do you cut?
    That is a very good wage for a Dominican woman. When I ran the Field of Dreams (2005 -7) as a part owner I paid higher than the norm for the maids, cooks and bartenders (all took turns at each job). At 9,000 pesos a month plus tips (maybe another 4,000 pesos) they were well paid compared to most of the workers across the road in the Playa Dorada complex.

A couple of the women I know (one 30 other 32) work as domestics. The one in Monte Llano (with one child) earns 1,500 pesos a week for 5 - 8 hour days a week (about 7,000 pesos a month). Her rent is 1,000 pesos a month so you can imagine those accommodations. The one living in Puerto Plata with three children (oldest 11 from a Swiss guy paying no support) earns 2,500 pesos a week for 6 -7 hour days (about 11,400 pesos a month). Her rent is 3,000 pesos a month.

Not an easy life here for single mothers, the single mothers in my home town in Canada are living in the lap of luxury buy comparison.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    My 400 peso chica makes 9600 for my 8 days here and goes for a swim and is out in under 88 minutes .

DAMN,,,,,,

That's a great price for you,,,,,,and good for her that she's in and out in 88 minutes,,,

But I certainly hope you give her the free lotion in the bathroom,,,,,,,,,

Because 80 minutes in the pool every day for 8 days can't be good for her skin,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by whynotme; 12-03-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: fixed the quote ( the yellow if dragged over the quote fucks it up )
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 06/2013 - D.R. prostitution still in news

I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said. On my way home from one of my trips to the DR and was waiting for my plane to board. I spoke with one of the food servers at a restaurant in the food court. She told me that she had a college degree and spoke perfect English. Then I asked her why was she working at the food court. And she explained to me, even with a college degree if you do not have a sponsor for a government job there you will be doing menial work. If you don't have a family with money, you are stuck with position like the one she has. And let's not forget she had a college degree. Then she pointed out other women working at the airport with the same credentials she had. And then I thought a prostitute was making more money than her. Then when I return to the DR I asked the women at the resort I was staying at in Punta Cana and asked them the same question I had asked the woman in the food court and got the same response. Yes they have jobs, yes they are respectable. But are they making a living NO. Most are still living at home, possibly taking care of a child from a dead beat dad and helping her mother and father out. Most of these women will take you home for that little extra money they will get from you. So we wish to blame the women, my brother's please grow up. It is not the woman's fault, it is the fault of the country. Once again we are complaining about how another country handles part of their population. Most of these women would leave if they had the chance. So before we criticize you need to ask yourself one question; Are You Willing To Help These Women? If not then enjoy your time there and move on. Most of us are there no longer than a week. Don't be a hypocrite, we are only there for one reason and one reason only. That is to have sex with these women, that what a monger does. And when we stop going how better off will the women be? Some opinions need to be kept to one self, because we wouldn't know about this problem if we didn't go to these country for the same reason we are complaining about the injustice they are perpetuating.
    Live & Let Live! And Always Remember To Drink & Fuck Wisely

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osanhopps View Post
    I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said. On my way home from one of my trips to the DR and was waiting for my plane to board. I spoke with one of the food servers at a restaurant in the food court. She told me that she had a college degree and spoke perfect English. Then I asked her why was she working at the food court. And she explained to me, even with a college degree if you do not have a sponsor for a government job there you will be doing menial work. If you don't have a family with money, you are stuck with position like the one she has. And let's not forget she had a college degree. Then she pointed out other women working at the airport with the same credentials she had. And then I thought a prostitute was making more money than her. Then when I return to the DR I asked the women at the resort I was staying at in Punta Cana and asked them the same question I had asked the woman in the food court and got the same response. Yes they have jobs, yes they are respectable. But are they making a living NO. Most are still living at home, possibly taking care of a child from a dead beat dad and helping her mother and father out. Most of these women will take you home for that little extra money they will get from you. So we wish to blame the women, my brother's please grow up. It is not the woman's fault, it is the fault of the country. Once again we are complaining about how another country handles part of their population. Most of these women would leave if they had the chance. So before we criticize you need to ask yourself one question; Are You Willing To Help These Women? If not then enjoy your time there and move on. Most of us are there no longer than a week. Don't be a hypocrite, we are only there for one reason and one reason only. That is to have sex with these women, that what a monger does. And when we stop going how better off will the women be? Some opinions need to be kept to one self, because we wouldn't know about this problem if we didn't go to these country for the same reason we are complaining about the injustice they are perpetuating.
    No offense, but that simply is not true. Don't believe that line of crap.

I have hired thousands of people here. Not one of them got a job because they knew me. I had ads in the paper, they sent resumes, I picked candidates from those resumes, and they came in for an interview.

I had a turnover rate of 10% a month. In a company of 1800 employees with almost 100 in administration(the good jobs), do you think 180 people were hired each month because somebody "knew them"

Do you really think for one second everybody with a decent job "knew" somebody? Why are there classifieds full of job offers if only people "who know somebody" get jobs?

The only reason she says that because she has heard that "some friend" knew "somebody" and got a 40K a month job, and they don't even go to work, get great benefits, blah, blah...

Everybody that works in a shit job here says the same thing.

I'd love to hear what degree she has.

I am so sick of hearing that line here.

(end of rant)
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

I have been reading a lot of the responses to this thread, and wonder what are we trying to accomplish? These women are going to do what they please to make money for their families. Nothing else needs to be said.

You sure said alot altough nothing else needed to be said

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    I agree that some of them are too lazy, and thats valid to whores all over the wold.
    My answer to greydread was about ALL of them choosing to hang out with him, or you or me.
    My question is if all these girls lived in a 1st wold environment, would they still all be doing this by choice.
    I live with a 22 year old girl whos says she loves me and treats me like a normal boyfriend, and really makes me feel like she does.
    But i perfectly know that if she was not here in the D.R. she wouldnt even look at me. In canada, by choice, she would be with a 25-30 year old guy, with a job, a car and some money.

That said, are you making her life better or are you making it worse?

I think that we both know the answer so the "what if's" are superfluous.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    DAMN,,,,,,

That's a great price for you,,,,,,and good for her that she's in and out in 88 minutes,,,

But I certainly hope you give her the free lotion in the bathroom,,,,,,,,,

Because 80 minutes in the pool every day for 8 days can't be good for her skin,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    The Garant has free lotion? Gott Dammit! I didn't get any.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    That said, are you making her life better or are you making it worse?

I think that we both know the answer so the "what if's" are superfluous.
    hmmm depends what day, im not the easiest person to live with.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Are you worse than a jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

......or drink with for that matter.
    Vida es buena....

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are you worse than a jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal?

No i dont drink brugal wich is probably the cause of the 3 other things you mentionned. So i guess her life is better.
    But you missed my point completly.
    I know her life is better with me, here. Because her choices are limited.
    But if she had the same choices women have where i'm from, i wouldnt even be considered an option.

If your sitting in your office on the third floor, jumping out the window would probably never cross your mind.
    But what if the place is on fire and the only way out is that same window.
    Going to sleep now. My 2 month vacations are over since monday.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No i dont drink brugal wich is probably the cause of the 3 other things you mentionned. So i guess her life is better.
    But if she had the same choices women have where i'm from, i wouldnt even be considered an option.

If your sitting in your office on the third floor, jumping out the window would probably never cross your mind.
    Too much mind. Do what you can. Leave the rest.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

michel3275 I get your point 100% and agree you probably would not even be an option she would consider in a different venue but don't feel like your exploiting her because remember one thing :

If she was in the U.S. , Canada , or Europe though you probably would not even be an option that same
    " jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal " would definitely still be a viable option to her so just remember you might very well just be saving her from herself.

Many of them upon coming here and having all the opportunities open to them and laid at there feet still choose to follow the same course they chartered for themselves back home on the island.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    michel3275 I get your point 100% and agree you probably would not even be an option she would consider in a different venue but don't feel like your exploiting her because remember one thing :

If she was in the U.S. , Canada , or Europe though you probably would not even be an option that same
    " jealous, broke ass Dominican who beats her ass every night and spends her money on Brugal " would definitely still be a viable option to her so just remember you might very well just be saving her from herself.

Many of them upon coming here and having all the opportunities open to them and laid at there feet still choose to follow the same course they chartered for themselves back home on the island.
    Yes Lawd.

It's why Pussy and brains don't fit in the same sentence.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

I really dont feel that way. When i look at her ass fucking her doggy style, i'm really happy to be one of her best options and the only really thing i'm thinking a this moment, is where would be the nastiest part of her body to shoot my leche.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I really dont feel that way. When i look at her ass fucking her doggy style, i'm really happy to be one of her best options and the only really thing i'm thinking a this moment, is where would be the nastiest part of her body to shoot my leche.
    Trust me, if you didn't "deserve" it you wouldn't be getting it.

It's like wondering if she'd still like you if you grow a hump on your back or if you'd "deserve" a Rolls full of super model fun bunnies if you had a double platinum album out I mean what's the point? Just enjoy the ride, the champagne and all that Punani. It will all be over too soon anyway.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No offense, but that simply is not true. Don't believe that line of crap.

I have hired thousands of people here. Not one of them got a job because they knew me. I had ads in the paper, they sent resumes, I picked candidates from those resumes, and they came in for an interview.

I had a turnover rate of 10% a month. In a company of 1800 employees with almost 100 in administration(the good jobs), do you think 180 people were hired each month because somebody "knew them"

Do you really think for one second everybody with a decent job "knew" somebody? Why are there classifieds full of job offers if only people "who know somebody" get jobs?

The only reason she says that because she has heard that "some friend" knew "somebody" and got a 40K a month job, and they don't even go to work, get great benefits, blah, blah...

Everybody that works in a shit job here says the same thing.

I'd love to hear what degree she has.

I am so sick of hearing that line here.

(end of rant)
    Then I have one question for you; Are you a expat or a Dominican? Because you might offer a decent wage, but can that be said about everyone else? Because the woman that I have dated since 2006 left the DR for the same reason I stated. And I know she has a college degree & living in Albany NY now. So my line of crap comes from experience, not just what someone I met in a restaurant gives me. So rant heard but not accepted. This is a debate we shouldn't have even had, because we are not going to change the culture of this island anyway.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Then I have one question for you; Are you a expat or a Dominican? Because you might offer a decent wage, but can that be said about everyone else? Because the woman that I have dated since 2006 left the DR for the same reason I stated. And I know she has a college degree & living in Albany NY now. So my line of crap comes from experience, not just what someone I met in a restaurant gives me. So rant heard but not accepted. This is a debate we shouldn't have even had, because we are not going to change the culture of this island anyway.
    The wages my companies paid were the minimum for floor workers, and administration folks get a little more. In some of the factories, they were paid piece rates, which gave them extra money for extra effort and production.

FWIW, I would never hire somebody because they "knew somebody". Those are the ones who usually are not productive in the first place, and think they're "owed" a great salary.

They are also the ones who complain about free zone companies not paying well, and that's why they don't go there looking for a job. They give up before they start, just like the girl in the restaurant.

And to be honest, with all due respect, I think my 40 years of experience with thousands trumps your 8 years of one woman.

You are absolutely right about not changing the culture.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The wages my companies paid were the minimum for floor workers, and administration folks get a little more. In some of the factories, they were paid piece rates, which gave them extra money for extra effort and production.

FWIW, I would never hire somebody because they "knew somebody". Those are the ones who usually are not productive in the first place, and think they're "owed" a great salary.

They are also the ones who complain about free zone companies not paying well, and that's why they don't go there looking for a job. They give up before they start, just like the girl in the restaurant.

And to be honest, with all due respect, I think my 40 years of experience with thousands trumps your 8 years of one woman.

You are absolutely right about not changing the culture.
    You are talking about your company and not all of the DR. So time to stop this back & forth! I am done. I am planning my trip for March 2015 now. If you are around see in Sosua then!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

JDR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information