Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: philly519 is going on his first trip to the philippines august 20th - sept 10th

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 131 Posts

philly519 is going to the philippines

landing in manila on august 22nd 2013 for a 19 day journey thru the philippines gonna start with a couple nights in manila staying at the rainbow pacific suites hotel in the malate area of manila about 20 minutes from the airport so i won't have to travel to far when i first get there not sure how the long flight will effect me since ive never been on a plane for more then 5 hours lol

then on day 2 or 3 i plan on heading to angeles city for about a week and ill be staying at http://www.hotelsangeles.com/niagara_lodge.php located right in the red light district and only a few blocks away from fields ave so that should be fun

then i plan on heading to a nice beach town get a cabin for 2 nights bring a chica with me or what ever the hell they call them down there and go to town on her

then after that i plan on going to subic bay for 5 nights and ive heard alot about the girl action in subic bay and also hear that a lot of american ex pats from the vietnam war own bars there so that should be a fun place to spend the evenings at the disco's and days at the beach searching for chicas then after subic bay i plan on spending my remaining nights back in manila before its time to take my ass back to canada lol

never been to the philippines before so if anyone's got a little info they could share with me i would appreciate that vary much, like bars n clubs i must see and a good place to exchange my money or any hotel idea's for subic bay?

and if any one happens to be in the philippines while im there let me know meet up for a beer
    Last edited by philly519; 06-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    iluminación blanco

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Re: philly519 is going on his first trip to the philippines august 20th - sept 10th

Quote Originally Posted by philly519 View Post
    landing in manila on august 22nd 2013 for a 19 day journey thru the philippines gonna start with a couple nights in manila staying at the rainbow pacific suites hotel in the malate area of manila about 20 minutes from the airport so i won't have to travel to far when i first get there not sure how the long flight will effect me since ive never been on a plane for more then 5 hours lol
    ENJOYYY :ILIKE:

The shortest flight time there is about 18 hours, and that isn't one you should count on it is usually more than that when you include layovers and any stops on the way there. Expect to lose a day in travel.

Goodluck in Manila. And also be careful.

If It were my first trip i'd want to go to Angeles City first, everything else wasn't even on my radar the first few trips I took there. But you are on an adventure and who am I to get inbetween a Man and his mission.

I wish I was on my way there around that time.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: philly519 is going on his first trip to the philippines august 20th - sept 10th

If It were my first trip i'd want to go to Angeles City first, everything else wasn't even on my radar the first few trips I took there. But you are on an adventure and who am I to get inbetween a Man and his mission.

AGREED
    yea i didn't think it was to good of an idea to start in manila ether but a friend of mine i met in sosua has been there 4 times and wants me to meet him in manila and he's gonna show me the ropes for the first 3 nights of the trip before he has to go back to america

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

has anyone used http://www.nojetlag.com/ or know if it actually works ? i leave toronto at 7pm on the 20th and get to manila at 430 am on the 22nd lol

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

AGREED
    yea i didn't think it was to good of an idea to start in manila ether but a friend of mine i met in sosua has been there 4 times and wants me to meet him in manila and he's gonna show me the ropes for the first 3 nights of the trip before he has to go back to america
    Thats even better so no worries since your friend will be able to show you around and keep you out of harms way. Once you get to a place like AC or subic it should be pretty smooth for you having come from learning in Manila. Sure you will have a great time there.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: philly519 is going to the philippines for the first time on august 20th 2013

then on day 2 or 3 i plan on heading to angeles city for about a week and ill be staying at http://www.hotelsangeles.com/niagara_lodge.php located right in the red light district and only a few blocks away from fields ave so that should be fun

then i plan on heading to a nice beach town get a cabin for 2 nights bring a chica with me or what ever the hell they call them down there and go to town on her

then after that i plan on going to subic bay for 5 nights and ive heard alot about the girl action in subic bay and also hear that a lot of american ex pats from the vietnam war own bars there so that should be a fun place to spend the evenings at the disco's and days at the beach searching for chicas then after subic bay i plan on spending my remaining nights back in manila before its time to take my ass back to canada lol

never been to the philippines before so if anyone's got a little info they could share with me i would appreciate that vary much, like bars n clubs i must see and a good place to exchange my money or any hotel idea's for subic bay?

and if any one happens to be in the philippines while im there let me know meet up for a beer
    At first I thought it was on Perimeter until I saw the address and it said A Santos. That is blow row. Past a certain point there are no bars on that street. I'm curious what made you choose this location but it probably was because its very close to Fields. I'm not sure exactly where that hotel is but there are a lot of bars. In many cases regardless what hotel you stay in you will be close to a number of bars. Once you know your way around you can easily access all of them with very little effort.

I tried to go to the website for more pics but I couldn't seem to get it pulled up.

For price I always go with Tiger Hotel is 1,100 per night and if you stay a week or more you get 10% discount which brings the price down to 990 pesos. Walking street is about 4 blocks away and you'll have some bars to look at along the way 2 blocks down. The hotel you have though is probably very VERY close to the action though. Maybe 1-3 blocks to the Blow Row bars, that has got to be heaven, and then you walk a bit more and you are in the heart of walking street. I'm just very curious what the rooms look like in that hotel since I couldn't access pictures on the site that was linked.

In angeles city you will easily find many exchange place options on fields.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 06-22-2013 at 10:22 AM.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: philly519 is going to the philippines for the first time on august 20th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    t first I thought it was on Perimeter until I saw the address and it said A Santos. That is blow row. Past a certain point there are no bars on that street. I'm curious what made you choose this location but it probably was because its very close to Fields. I'm not sure exactly where that hotel is but there are a lot of bars. In many cases regardless what hotel you stay in you will be close to a number of bars. Once you know your way around you can easily access all of them with very little effort.

Click to see pic

I tried to go to the website for more pics but I couldn't seem to get it pulled up.

For price I always go with Tiger Hotel is 1,100 per night and if you stay a week or more you get 10% discount which brings the price down to 990 pesos. Walking street is about 4 blocks away and you'll have some bars to look at along the way 2 blocks down. The hotel you have though is probably very VERY close to the action though. Maybe 1-3 blocks to the Blow Row bars, that has got to be heaven, and then you walk a bit more and you are in the heart of walking street. I'm just very curious what the rooms look like in that hotel since I couldn't access pictures on the site that was linked.

In angeles city you will easily find many exchange place options on fields.

thanks dominican dave i might change hotels now the tiger looks better then niagara

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks dominican dave i might change hotels now the tiger looks better then niagara
    No problem. If your comfortable with the place you chose though you should stay there but you should definitely explore all the possible options.

This is a thread that has a lot of different hotel links on it for Angeles City. In the first posts you also have a map to give you a sense of where the hotels are and where the bars are. Might be useful to you in visualizing your first trip there in Angeles.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ving-Hotels-II

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

the few reviews on Niagara are not good, tiger is little further away but a better option at the price

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Look at you young buck, broadening your travels to new far lands!! Be safe, have a great time and tell all about it my dude.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Yea the reviews are bad, you can't see the rooms and the outside looks like a shithole
    I think you might want to rethink hotels..Im staying at Infinity which in right ON FIELDS in a Huge New modern room for 1500 a night but there are cheaper places mentioned all over the board here like DD said Tiger is a deal.
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    Yea the reviews are bad, you can't see the rooms and the outside looks like a shithole
    I think you might want to rethink hotels..Im staying at Infinity which in right ON FIELDS in a Huge New modern room for 1500 a night but there are cheaper places mentioned all over the board here like DD said Tiger is a deal.

lol yea i ended up switching it to the tiger hotel looks a lot better and around same price

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Tiger is ok...you'll have no problems there...I'll be there in Angeles on Sept.5th...looks like you'll be in Subic...hope you like it SSSSSSlllloooowwww because everyone says it is reall a laid back place compared to AC.....picture Subic being Sosua on training wheels and Angeles like Sosua on steroids...the only thing that is better in Sosua IMHO is the beach....they have one in Subic but most say stay out of the water you might bump into a turd.
    If you get to Subic and change your mind and decide you want to do a few more days in Angeles pm me.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is nothing better than a walk down Fields Ave at night. You will have a blast. I don't have the cash to go back this year so I'll be heading to Sosua. I have been to Angeles 7 times since 2010, if you need any info shoot me a message.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midnightburner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnightburner View Post
    There is nothing better than a walk down Fields Ave at night. You will have a blast. I don't have the cash to go back this year so I'll be heading to Sosua. I have been to Angeles 7 times since 2010, if you need any info shoot me a message.
    I think Philly and the rest of us would love a TR of one of those 7 times There is Nothing like a fresh AC TR.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,792 Times in 1,931 Posts

I was looking for descent hotel around $30 and Tiger was best deal. If you need swimming pool I would recommend Pacific Breeze for $43.
    Standard rooms are bit too small for me (Devera size) and I would recommend Deluxe Room which is $1170 after 10% weekly discount.

In Subic I stay at Treasure Island which has a good pool ($40). Other good options: Arizona, Blue Rock, Sheavens, and if you have enough
    money to spent Wild Orchid.

Please feel free to ask anything you need about AC and Subic. I have been also in Sabang, Cebu, Bohol and Boracay

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tingtong For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 377 Posts

phillys mate
    your doing a few days in manila and i would spend the rest in ac
    subic is a bit boring for me with only a few bars and the beach is a shithole and the women are nowhere near as nice as in ac
    its not like sosua with loads of bars on the beach and hot chicks roaming around
    i would stay in ac and go to wild orchid in the day and chill out there by the pool there are lots of chics hanging around there in the daytime for you
    i know u like to party and i think u will be bored in subic after 1 day
    but its your holiday and your 1st time in the pi so i understand u want to try things u have read up on from all the great guys on the board
    at the end of the day its only a 1 hour drive so if u hate it you can get back to ac quick
    speak to u later on fb mate
    i think once u have read skynards tr cherry trip u will stay in ac as i know he will have a great time with all the chicks as he is a greedy bastard lol and will have at least 3 in his room at 1 time
    in sosua i only take 1 back for TLN but in ac its hard not to take at least 2 as there are so fucking many lol
    also when u barfine 1 chick from a bar and u go barhopping with her and u see another 1 u want most girls have no problem with u taking another even though they dont know each other
    its like thailand USED to be UP TO YOU

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

the hell with reviews, that place is a flop house

If budget is a concern, stay further down towards permiter, instead of that place.
    Unless you don't mind living like a local

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My first time there was July 2010. I arrived late at night but luckily there are a few 24hr bars and a bunch that stay open until 3-4am. Angeles has a few different areas but they are all close together. Perimeter is where the daytime bars are, usually open early afternoon and close 11pm to midnight. Fields Ave bars (or Walking St) are open from aft/eve until early morning. There is also an area referred to as blow row, these are short time bars down some of the side streets. I didn't go to many of these bars. The first bar I went too was Voodoo. It is a 24 hr bar right in the heart of Fields. It is also connected to the restaurant Kokomos which is nice. It was my cherry trip so I was like a kid in a candy store. There is every type of girl there. I took some advise from another board (pi@night) and I started talking with the mamasan. I bought her a drink and she told me some info on her girls. The girls there all speak good English which is why I choose there over Thailand. I would usually barfine then go barhopping. There are small bars on fields and also giant 3 story bars, you will find what you like best. When I stayed there I chose Lewis Grand hotel. It is one of the nicer hotels there, rooms are about $70+ it is a little pricey for there but I like to be comfortable. The rooms are huge, they have a free shuttle to Fields or SM mall and they have a nice pool. It is basically in between Fields and Perimeter. If you can afford it I would recommend this hotel. The most common form of transportation there is trykes. Motorcycles with a sidecar. The sidecars are sometimes a snug fit as I think they are made for the locals but still usually a good ride. Some guys haggle with these drivers but I usually just give 100 pesos and everyone is happy. Its not worth the hassle over 50 cents in my opinion. SM mall is a big modern mall only a couple minutes drive from Fields. You will find anything you need there. A good movie theatre, any kind of food you want, supermarket, department store. Also the mall is always packed with girls. Be prepared for the PPD (post Philippines depression) It is a great place with great girls, a lot of them will treat you like a king if you are nice to them. I will try and post more info as it comes back to me lol

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to midnightburner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

can a mod move this to Phillipines TR?

and add pics!!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information