Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2013 - Dlatin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

07/2013 - Dlatin

Ive been away for a bit but I told everyone who has been on the ground that I will post this thread.

Be careful gentlemen. As one dude who got into an altercation at Dlatin and who watches a fight break out almost every other day,I warn all of you. There is a bottle cracked on someones head or a brawl at least every two days. This place is too crowded and too hot. Combine that with alcohol and it is nothing but a disaster.
    They allow any hood rat and moto concho in there is no specific clientel. If you can afford a presidente then you are allowed in.

Just standing on the sidewalk you can feel the HEAT coming from inside. Not to say that you cannot have fun but just be aware of your surroundings. There is NO one group that has issues. Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: Dlatin

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Ive been away for a bit but I told everyone who has been on the ground that I will post this thread.

Be careful gentlemen. As one dude who got into an altercation at Dlatin and who watches a fight break out almost every other day,I warn all of you. There is a bottle cracked on someones head or a brawl at least every two days. This place is too crowded and too hot. Combine that with alcohol and it is nothing but a disaster.
    They allow any hood rat and moto concho in there is no specific clientel. If you can afford a presidente then you are allowed in.

Just standing on the sidewalk you can feel the HEAT coming from inside. Not to say that you cannot have fun but just be aware of your surroundings. There is NO one group that has issues. Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.
    Given the current political environment, one major violent altercation that makes the news could be a problem for the downtown area.

Alternatively, "The Spot" has a doorman regulating who comes in, air conditioning, good music and a pole for chicas to use for sexy dancing... I was there a few nights ago and had a good time drinking with the Coach.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 118 Posts

Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.
    And folks always seem to know when something is about to happen also. On my last trip, I was standing across the street talking to a chica and she tells me to look across the street. I look over at D'Latins and see nothing out of the ordinary and then a bunch of motoconchos mobbed inside looking for someone and the fight was on!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Not having been there for awhile and experienced the crowded and uncomfortable atmosphere that seems to be the norm at D'Latin's, does this make anyone here wish for the good old days of Classicos/ Merengue being the lead dog on Pedro regarding the nightlife?

Say what you will, but Classicos had security, air conditioning, the motos were waiting on the street and not going upstairs, potential trouble (at least in the times I was there) was handled quickly.

Yes, the cover did turn off some people, I questioned it as well. But...at the same time it probably discouraged the riff raff from going in on most occasions, and those who did go upstairs seemed to enjoy their time hanging with friends, chatting up chicas, dancing and drinking, listening to the music (which never seemed to be played at an ear blasting level) and leaving with their company of choice for the evening if they were so inclined. Overall, it could make for a very pleasant part of a night out.

Just curious whether others might feel this way. Thanks for the update El Rey. Looking forward to checking out the Spot next month and visiting with you and Balcoach again.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

I'm with Smooth on this one.. I really miss Classicos. D'latin does nothing for me...it really sucks and Rumba is just ok, nothing special. We can easily bring Classicos back if everybody would just start going again when they are open.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 688 Posts

Tidbit for newbies. Once the place shuts down, all entrances/exits are sealed and you have to make your way through the masses to a single exit up front.
    Pac-man aka Panocha Villa

Thanks

I agree... support Classicos

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to obiwon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Agreed very hot, no restrictions on anyone entering stairways and paths clogged with people just hanging out , I was at Dlatin last week virtually every night and I witnessed three fights, and numerous requests from locals for drinks and pesos. Unfortunately this is the main spot where chicas converge so a necessary evil

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MegasAv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Not having been there for awhile and experienced the crowded and uncomfortable atmosphere that seems to be the norm at D'Latin's, does this make anyone here wish for the good old days of Classicos/ Merengue being the lead dog on Pedro regarding the nightlife?
    I am with you Mr Smooth & Sopranostringray. I really miss having a few drinks in Merengue then heading upstairs with my chica for a little dancing. D'latin does nothing for me...it so damn loud, It's hard to even order a beer. Rumba is ok, if you are seating out front. but again nothing special.

When I was there in April. I took my chica to Merengue to have a few drinks and to remember the good old days , from past trips. Classico was closed then. That was one big thing, that I liked about Boca Chica. You could still take your chica to disco for dancing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Holy crap.. Dave Maryland POSTED .....

btw, your favorita in April, was a VERY CUTE..

did you notice how fast Security was all over that chica who busted the bottle over that older dudes head at Rumba..
    they were on top of that shit in like 1.5 seconds..they then grabbed her, sandwiched her in between 2 cops on the moto, and she was gone gone...

In D'Latin... i think she would have walked right out or able to bullshit her way out,but thats just a guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Holy crap.. Dave Maryland POSTED .....
    Because it is time for another trip. I was thinking about doing a March - Boca Chica /April - Sosua TR. But time got away. Maybe this trip.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

In many Asian mongering destinations, they have these higher priced, more exclusive venues where the riff raff are kept out and the girls are often of higher quality. Some guys, especially Asians, are willing to fork over the higher prices to be in more exclusive places with less potential trouble.

Maybe a similar place like that would work in Sosua if the more 'public' places start to get out of hand.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exoticspirit View Post
    In many Asian mongering destinations, they have these higher priced, more exclusive venues where the riff raff are kept out and the girls are often of higher quality. Some guys, especially Asians, are willing to fork over the higher prices to be in more exclusive places with less potential trouble.

Maybe a similar place like that would work in Sosua if the more 'public' places start to get out of hand.
    First you have to find high quality hoes, that know how to please a customer.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These places already exist in Sosua; Passions and CMP.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JayJet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayJet View Post
    These places already exist in Sosua; Passions and CMP.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

I know that is what the spot is trying to do. I plan to check it out, when I get to town.

It would also be good for classicos to reopen. I never complained about the 200 pesos entry fee. Much more expensive in any city. The key is to not charge the chicas, just guys. If the chicas get in free, the guy (with money) will follow. Simple business plan. Just don't get greedy and start charging the chicas too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegasAv View Post
    Agreed very hot, no restrictions on anyone entering stairways and paths clogged with people just hanging out , I was at Dlatin last week virtually every night and I witnessed three fights, and numerous requests from locals for drinks and pesos. Unfortunately this is the main spot where chicas converge so a necessary evil

As I explained to a few gentlemen, This is because guys are chasing the chicas. WE as men control where the chicas go. On two occasions I had guys stand on the corner dancing and singing then walk into classicos. The whole Dlatin cleared out. Girls follow the guys. Some guys are too busy chasing the girls. Classico can be open and be back to normal if WE wanted it to be.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

[/YELLOW]

As I explained to a few gentlemen, This is because guys are chasing the chicas. WE as men control where the chicas go. On two occasions I had guys stand on the corner dancing and singing then walk into classicos. The whole Dlatin cleared out. Girls follow the guys. Some guys are too busy chasing the girls. Classico can be open and be back to normal if WE wanted it to be.
    MORE......................BECAUSE WE HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY AND THE MONEY IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE PUSSY!!! SOME FUCKERS JUST DON'T GET IT!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I know that is what the spot is trying to do. I plan to check it out, when I get to town.

It would also be good for classicos to reopen. I never complained about the 200 pesos entry fee. Much more expensive in any city. The key is to not charge the chicas, just guys. If the chicas get in free, the guy (with money) will follow. Simple business plan. Just don't get greedy and start charging the chicas too.
    I don't see the problem with charging guys the cost of a drink to enter, then getting a drink for free. THAT keeps the riff raff (and cheap charlies) out.

There was always too many "cheap thrills" guys in Classico when I went.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    MORE......................BECAUSE WE HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY AND THE MONEY IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE PUSSY!!! SOME FUCKERS JUST DON'T GET IT!!
    But its because Sosua had reached a tipping point... couple of us alluded to it in other threads... The weekened dudes ( i wont use WW any more cuz guys here get pissed) the weekeneders, they LOOK for where the chicas are and then GO AND SIT THERE, and even buy them drinks. .. it used to be the guys go sit and girls come to them ( Merengue and other ,but merengue is by far the best example) .
    ..they would ALWAYS make their rounds and come to you, it was like a NON STOP PARADE at Merengue, remember ? if you did video and sped it up, you would laugh your ass off at how the chicas WORKED the floor and up those stairs to classicos..
    But somehow these dudes NOW think they have to go to the chicas. and whoever the owners of D'Latin are, SAW this "trend" and Capitalized on it, and they dont even have to provide A/C, thats how foolish these dudes are.. it coincided with Classicos remodeling, but IMO it was by coincidence.
    thats an over simplification, but how i see it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information