Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 07/2013 - Dlatin

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: Dlatin

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I just recently rediscovered Converse. Pretty cool and perfect for summer. They were the first shoe I craved for as a kid. A pair cost $12.95 back in 1966. You can't believe how far that was out of my budget. After 47 years the style is still a classic. That's called longevity. By the way, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of foamposites. They just aren't shoes anyone over 22 should wear.
    Oh come on, the orange ones would look great with your black socks...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

I wear my younger brothers throw away denim Nike SB. They probably cost $60 bucks, and I wear them everywhere, even though their busted, and old. I don't dress for style, if not for comfort. I think my entire closet consist of 10 dollar T's from H&M along with 20 dollar button up from H&M, 20 dollar Levis from Target, and a bunch of beat up Nikes. I rather be comfortable in what I'm wearing as opposed to dressing to impress. I've had girlfriends bitch, and moan about what I wear because they describe it as homeless casual.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    I wear my younger brothers throw away denim Nike SB. They probably cost $60 bucks, and I wear them everywhere, even though their busted, and old. I don't dress for style, if not for comfort. I think my entire closet consist of 10 dollar T's from H&M along with 20 dollar button up from H&M, 20 dollar Levis from Target, and a bunch of beat up Nikes. I rather be comfortable in what I'm wearing as opposed to dressing to impress. I've had girlfriends bitch, and moan about what I wear because they describe it as homeless casual.
    This is an important statement. It means that you have no problem getting the ladies as you are. There are so many guys that think they dress fly that can't pull anything.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwill83 View Post
    MSRP depending on the model is 200 or 225. When you start seeing them for 300-500 and beyond that's the resell price.
    Beas specifically stated " on line" . On line is resale.... After someome phsically stands on line for days to get a pair...

Anyone who claims they are ugly is just mad at the price... Foams are a nice looking shoes... Just sone colors are alittle crazy
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Enough of the threadjack
    If you wanna talk about shoes start another thread about it.
    Besides chicas go for the sandal look anyway
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This whole arguement goes back to "its my money, ill spend it how i want too!"

Not everyone hear only fucks hookers and doesnt care about personal apperance. The sneaker thing is a hobby for alot of people... I love collecting jordans I couldnt afford as a kid. Are they over priced, sure, but its a luxery I can thankfully afford. I love foamposites but cant justify spending the money. But i dont knock people who do.

In the real world alot if not most young women are attracted to image and status.. Driving a nice car and wearing expenisive cloths gets you further ... Not to mention makes most people feel good about themselves. If im out and not dressed nice i just dont feel comfortable. Doesnt matter where i am.

Hanzo Is doing great now... Imagine he had range rover, jewelry, nice clothes, and a lil bread to go with the nice apt.. He would have a statue on Conde.... Lol like the old saying goes, " as the chips stack higher, i get flyer"

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Beas specifically stated " on line" . On line is resale.... After someome phsically stands on line for days to get a pair...

Anyone who claims they are ugly is just mad at the price... Foams are a nice looking shoes... Just sone colors are alittle crazy
    the price doesn't have any bearing on my perception of them as looking like something a special needs kid would wear on vacation to the moon.

the price doesn't make them uglier imo, it just makes the people who buy into the marketing hype sadder to me. those things probably don't cost more than $15 to make in whatever 3rd world manufacturing center nike is using to put them together.

i'll stick with my puma baskets tyvm.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And oh yeah.... Fuck that sweat box dlatin... Bring back classicos!!! But until then... Come check me in that sweat box dlatin.. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    the price doesn't have any bearing on my perception of them as looking like something a special needs kid would wear on vacation to the moon.

the price doesn't make them uglier imo, it just makes the people who buy into the marketing hype sadder to me. those things probably don't cost more than $15 to make in whatever 3rd world manufacturing center nike is using to put them together.

i'll stick with my puma baskets tyvm.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks..... Guess sneakers are like chicas in alot of ways... Everybody likes difrrent ones. And decides what he is willing to pay for them

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

i try not to spend much time in d'latin if i can help it. i'll do a couple circles, if i find anything worth going after i'll give her a couple minutes and then move it over to merengue or the spot.

btw, not sure if anyone mentioned this in another thread or not, but Winner's Circle is (seemingly) done. They were open for business as usual on Monday, then Tuesday they came in and tore everything out. TV's, barstools, everything.

I heard they're planning on 'renovating' but don't really see the point. I haven't seen much of a crowd in there my last few trips. on average they had 9 bartenders and 4 customers.

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 1,690 Posts

Realist shit ever!!! #PREACH... I'm too grown to give a fuck what the next man does if it doesn't affect what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Isn't that what eveyone comes here for, including you? To live a life you can't live back home even if it is for a week? You are banging beautiful 19 yo girls here. Do you do that at home? Does anyone? No. You come here to do things you can't back in the real world. So do the WW. So does everyone else. What type of alternate reality you choose to live while you are here is just different than the one they choose to live while here.

As long as people aren't being assholes while living out their little dream then I don't give a shit. I do what I want and it doesn't really affect me.
    The Game Should Be Sold Not Told

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to blazaveli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

But..................because the motherfucker throwing $1 dollar bills living his fucked up "Baller Fantasy" causes such a rush by the chicas grabbing the dollars that routinely, tables & chairs are knocked over spilling mixed and bottled drinks????!!, yeah I got a fucking problem!!!!

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 1,690 Posts

Objective and honestly speaking to everyone... ask yourself...

How many trips have you had to the Su? = Guessing a whole lot

How many times have you actually experienced the bold section?

I can't speak for anyone else's interactions and although I'm relatively new at this, I have NEVER actually seen anyone throwing dollars in the SU in person or experienced the below. But here's the funny shit.... the tables and chairs knocked over spilling drinks and all that...I experienced almost every trip and its usually the drunken old slob (no disrespect) who looks nothing like a weekend warrior but so pissy drunk he doesn't know his left foot from his right. Does it bother me. Nah.. why? I expect it to happen when I put myself in this type of environment. When I'm not in the mood for it I remove myself from these types of surroundings. But let someone dressed in "urban" "hip hop gear" do the same and isoc is in uproar

Yall mofos kill me with that shit

I wonder how objective most of us are about how frequent these situations actually occur to us. Know your surroundings. Maybe its growing up in the hood and knowing what to look out for but I guess they miss me with that bulto.

Drama sells... Or in isoc's case gets everybody posting. So while sosua is a party fest 365 days a year for the most part we're going to talk about the one off incidents someone just saw, recorded or is reporting on cause it gets everyone's blood boiling and entertaining to discuss. Guess all other nights that go by with no drama means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    But..................because the motherfucker throwing $1 dollar bills living his fucked up "Baller Fantasy" causes such a rush by the chicas grabbing the dollars that routinely, tables & chairs are knocked over spilling mixed and bottled drinks????!!, yeah I got a fucking problem!!!!

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to blazaveli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazaveli View Post

I can't speak for anyone else's interactions and although I'm relatively new at this, I have NEVER actually seen anyone throwing dollars in the SU in person or experienced the below. But here's the funny shit.... the tables and chairs knocked over spilling drinks and all that...I experienced almost every trip and its usually the drunken old slob (no disrespect) who looks nothing like a weekend warrior but so pissy drunk he doesn't know his left foot from his right. Does it bother me. Nah.. why? I expect it to happen when I put myself in this type of environment. When I'm not in the mood for it I remove myself from these types of surroundings. But let someone dressed in "urban" "hip hop gear" do the same and isoc is in uproar

I wonder how objective most of us are about how frequent these situations actually occur to us. Know your surroundings. Maybe its growing up in the hood and knowing what to look out for but I guess they miss me with that bulto.

Drama sells... Or in isoc's case gets everybody posting. So while sosua is a party fest 365 days a year for the most part we're going to talk about the one off incidents someone just saw, recorded or is reporting on cause it gets everyone's blood boiling and entertaining to discuss. Guess all other nights that go by with no drama means nothing
    Blazaveli, I couldn't agree with you more and I have a couple items to discuss here...

First off, sorry about spilling your drink. Second, when in a club in Sousa I am usually surrounded by a large number of scantily clothed chicas that are young, very good looking and want to fuck me for not a lot of pesos and beers typically cost about $2.50. Third, don't tell anyone about a place like this. And finally Four, tell everyone its sucks.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

I've seen guys make it drizzle on at least three occasions. Each time it was a mess. I was there during the incident Shogan is referencing. We were sitting with our girls when guys started throwing dollar bills from the VIP area behind us. Tables were almost knocked over and drinks were spilled by the crowd frenzy this created. I had to shield by girl to make sure no one accidentally knocked her over. For a few seconds it was a very dangerous situation. To the perpetrators credit though they did acknowledge how stupid their actions were when I went to admonish them for what had gone down. Have all the fun you want, but shame on you if in having that fun you place innocent people in danger of getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by blazaveli View Post

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Biggest problems thursday, fri, sat, just way too many people trying to s queeze into the same space... When you had the chicas running tge gauntlet from bar to bar it was great. Now bc they are afraid they stay in one place... So do we... That leads to dangerous overcrowding... The problem with weekend warriors are not we they are from or how they are dressed, but the tend to be young, drunk, and have waaaay to much testosterone pumping... I was once too a weekend warrior... Now i see the error in my ways... The old drink guy is harmless, he may even apoligize for his actions... Some weekend warriors do not have the life expierance yet to realize the ramifications of thier actions.

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Biggest problems thursday, fri, sat, just way too many people trying to s queeze into the same space... When you had the chicas running tge gauntlet from bar to bar it was great. Now bc they are afraid they stay in one place... So do we... That leads to dangerous overcrowding... The problem with weekend warriors are not we they are from or how they are dressed, but the tend to be young, drunk, and have waaaay to much testosterone pumping... I was once too a weekend warrior... Now i see the error in my ways... The old drink guy is harmless, he may even apoligize for his actions... Some weekend warriors do not have the life expierance yet to realize the ramifications of thier actions.
    Those are the same reasons I have never set foot in El Flow. Young, drunk Dominicans with too much testosterone. Young, drunk and male with lots of women around......mostly a bad combination any way you slice it. Always has been and always will be.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks

Laughing Re: Dlatin

Just gonna touch on a couple of topics in this thread.

I can't believe people actually toss dollars in D'Latin. The only thing I can see is if some chick is really giving you a good show and you just throw some singles at her playing around. If these guys were just tossing money into a crowd, that's a little crazy. Passions seems like a better place to do that.

I guess a WW would be a guy who only goes once a year during super bowl or something like that? I went during super bowl time and couldn't stand it. I'm used to the off season. It was a totally different atmosphere. Girls were acting stuck up cause they know they could get more than 1500RD in a second with some newbie, way too crowded and too many big groups of guys that don't leave the NYC attitude at home. That's the ONLY thing that bothers me in sosua. I'm there to have a good time and meet some new people but cause you came with your 12 buddies...you wanna act like you own the town and worry about what the fuck I'm doing? Leave that shit at home.

I've been to El Flow once. It was my 3rd trip and I was with my buddy who was a first timer. He was hammered and just kinda stumbled into El Flow. I was a little more sober, noticed it was a local spot and we were getting some looks. We went in the back to play pool. I was kicking his ass and he can barely hit the cue ball straight so he wasn't too happy. We were already getting looks from the guys at the next pool table. My friend missed the cue ball completely, got pissed, whacked the stick on the table and threw it on the ground. I grabbed him and got the fuck out of there before anybody said something. About a week later I saw a video on youtube where some chick pulled out a massive fucking .45 and started waving it around the place. I wouldn't be afraid to go in there but definitely cautious.

As for all the complaints about sosua...I know you've heard some messed up stories and had some fucked up nights there just like me but we keep going back.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to surreal83 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information