Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07/2013 - Dlatin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

Re: Dlatin

I've said it once, I'll say it again and again! They are trying to hard to cater to the tourist/urban/ny crowd!!!!!!

Very simple...
    ---Play more Spanish music (that hip hop shit pisses me off as I traveled 1500 miles to leave it back home)...(wanted to slap the dj when he asked me for a tip to play spanish music...REALLY!!!!
    ---Move out half of the chairs & tables...(more space for people to move about...and I absolutely hate VIP...but whatever, that area can stay I guess )

You get the chicas dancing...which in turn gets the guys dancing & enjoying the view of hip swinging (instead of them sitting there bored out their mind)...which in turn gets the drinks flowing...(no more problems cause everyone is pre-occupied) And easier to build a lil rapport that way.

***Charge 100 pesos to get in if need be (but not really needed)

Guaranteed to be the best spot on the north coast.....

++++Why dont we all just one day walk across the street and demand them to open classicos. Yeah, we may follow the chicas...but really the chicas follow the money. If 20 guys just up and left dlatins to go to classicos if they opened...best believe the chicas will follow.
    It's always happy hour somewhere in the world...

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theheights718 View Post
    You get the chicas dancing...which in turn gets the guys dancing & enjoying the view of hip swinging (instead of them sitting there bored out their mind)...which in turn gets the drinks flowing...(no more problems cause everyone is pre-occupied) And easier to build a lil rapport that way.
    I couldn't agree more with this one. I want to see chicas shaking their ass and they shake their ass to Latin music.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I've said it a million times, if it wasn't for my friends and people I meet in Sosua, I would never go back... The WEEKEND WARRIORS, yeah I said it, don't know who gets mad about that but I don't care, the WW's are out of control! It's worse then it's ever been there... There is no reason a chica should act like a stuck up bitch when someone tries to pick them up and PAY for it! (how the fuck is Roseanna gonna play PAC-Man when he tries to get a session with her?!? That's evidence right there that shit is all fucked up now... They are that spoiled that they can turn away dudes before even negotiating? That bitch didn't even know if Pacman was a 100 dollar sucker... Ok he isn't but she didn't know it by looking at him! Last trip, we were about 10 deep at winners circle and they are playing hip hop all night... I asked Mike, the DJ, who I know for about 10 years now, if he can play a few bachata songs for me.. He tells me, I will get in trouble if I play bachata... WHAT!?!? I talked him into it after I told him we are 10 deep and I know him for all these years and he can't let me feel like I'm in DR for 15 minutes... He wound up playing about 4 songs I requested, then he goes back to Rick Ross... Back in the day, you would hear bachata for an hour before they played 1 or 2 Notorious BIG songs, then back to tipico or merengue... I love hip hop, I am counting down till my Samsung Galaxy 3 gets the Jay-Z album in a few hours, which i downloaded the app for free at 6am the morning it came out, just to guarantee i get the album 3 days before it releases, but in DR I wanna hear DR music! There are, as far as I know, ZERO places in Sosua that play bachata music more then hip hop...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayJet View Post
    These places already exist in Sosua; Passions and CMP.
    Maybe not exclusive enough because of no-cover to get in. Then again, when I went to Passions, I didn't see any riff raff inside ...

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exoticspirit View Post
    Maybe not exclusive enough because of no-cover to get in. Then again, when I went to Passions, I didn't see any riff raff inside ...
    Last time I was there in January, the small presidente beers were 130 pesos, that alone is like charging a cover... Even the guys that don't plan on paying the price of a chica aren't gonna hang out for long with the price of drinks being so high...

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I've said it a million times, if it wasn't for my friends and people I meet in Sosua, I would never go back... The WEEKEND WARRIORS, yeah I said it, don't know who gets mad about that but I don't care, the WW's are out of control! It's worse then it's ever been there... There is no reason a chica should act like a stuck up bitch when someone tries to pick them up and PAY for it! (how the fuck is Roseanna gonna play PAC-Man when he tries to get a session with her?!? That's evidence right there that shit is all fucked up now... They are that spoiled that they can turn away dudes before even negotiating? That bitch didn't even know if Pacman was a 100 dollar sucker... Ok he isn't but she didn't know it by looking at him! Last trip, we were about 10 deep at winners circle and they are playing hip hop all night... I asked Mike, the DJ, who I know for about 10 years now, if he can play a few bachata songs for me.. He tells me, I will get in trouble if I play bachata... WHAT!?!? I talked him into it after I told him we are 10 deep and I know him for all these years and he can't let me feel like I'm in DR for 15 minutes... He wound up playing about 4 songs I requested, then he goes back to Rick Ross... Back in the day, you would hear bachata for an hour before they played 1 or 2 Notorious BIG songs, then back to tipico or merengue... I love hip hop, I am counting down till my Samsung Galaxy 3 gets the Jay-Z album in a few hours, which i downloaded the app for free at 6am the morning it came out, just to guarantee i get the album 3 days before it releases, but in DR I wanna hear DR music! There are, as far as I know, ZERO places in Sosua that play bachata music more then hip hop...
    If you just want a cold beer and to relax with some bachata and a few good looking bartenders try C'est la Vie bar across from Bailey's resturant.

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    If you just want a cold beer and to relax with some bachata and a few good looking bartenders try C'est la Vie bar across from Bailey's resturant.
    Thanks... Never hung out there, passed by with Tarzan last year and did a shot and left... First time I heard the line, ariba, abajo, aldentro, alcentro, or some shit like that... Lol

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 131 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: Dlatin

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Ive been away for a bit but I told everyone who has been on the ground that I will post this thread.

Be careful gentlemen. As one dude who got into an altercation at Dlatin and who watches a fight break out almost every other day,I warn all of you. There is a bottle cracked on someones head or a brawl at least every two days. This place is too crowded and too hot. Combine that with alcohol and it is nothing but a disaster.
    They allow any hood rat and moto concho in there is no specific clientel. If you can afford a presidente then you are allowed in.

Just standing on the sidewalk you can feel the HEAT coming from inside. Not to say that you cannot have fun but just be aware of your surroundings. There is NO one group that has issues. Everyone, Gringo, Hatian and Dominican get into altercations. Something seems to always be going down at Dlatins.

soo true last time i was in sosua i seen 2 girls get bottled and another one take a chair to the head

leave d latin to the locals
    iluminación blanco

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to philly519 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philly519 View Post
    soo true last time i was in sosua i seen 2 girls get bottled and another one take a chair to the head

leave d latin to the locals
    Sounds like a place I really wanna hang at on vacation when I'm trying to get away from every day worries and relax... I can't wait to get back there..yeah, sure, right.... What is it PQR, Irie, Toro, Drworld, 58 or 59 days... Not like I'm counting or anything... I need Medellin to come fast!!!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 289 Posts

After hearing all of this, I am glad I started going to Santiago........

There are numerous clubs there that play a nice mix of music, the discos
    are always packed, and you can even smoke hookah if you are into it...........

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to natmatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Last time I was in Sosua I hung out at DLatins with Irie and the place was elbow to elbow, couldn't make a turn without bumping into someone
    The sweat was pouring off me from the heat and I kept waiting for a fight to break out.

The next night I went to The Spot and found my new place, especially during the summer months, Ice cold AC, mild crowd and I gotta say some of the best looking bar maids in Sosua
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Clap Re: Dlatin

Last time I was there in January, the small presidente beers were 130 pesos, that alone is like charging a cover... Even the guys that don't plan on paying the price of a chica aren't gonna hang out for long with the price of drinks being so high...
    Are you paying attention, Why Nobody Likes You(the advocate of high prices for cerveza at the bars)? Btw, the current price of a grande is 110 pesos! Thanks to the Monger pressure and Econ 101 !

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Are you paying attention, Why Nobody Likes You(the advocate of high prices for cerveza at the bars)? Btw, the current price of a grande is 110 pesos! Thanks to the Monger pressure and Econ 101 !
    Why do you say nobody likes Beas??
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I think that was a joke, being that I mess with him every now and then.... Kinda like the Weyland-Roberto battles... Or maybe he is just getting old and senile which is not out of the question... as far as I know, no one ever told me that someone that met me doesn't like me, in terms of mongers or guys in DR.. But hey, if it is true, I will try my best to get through the day... Lol

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I spit out my coffee.. I dont know whats funnier,, what Sidney says sometimes, or Beas taking an extra 3 seconds to catch on ...

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Why Nobody Likes You = WNM

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr1lvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

The funny thing is, the WW's would have a even better time if the clubs didnt try to cater to the nonsense. Wonder what it would take for people to realize what a difference to have happy chicas enjoying the club as well beside having the same look we have when we on our way to work back in the states!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh, fuck, monday again...fuck me...more paperwork!!!!

And they would get in trouble if they play bachata...that must be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Even spanish clubs in NY play a mix of music!

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to theheights718 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    I spit out my coffee.. I dont know whats funnier,, what Sidney says sometimes, or Beas taking an extra 3 seconds to catch on ...

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

So what about the chicas themselves? Do they actually like hanging out at D'Latin's, asshole to elbow, hot and sweaty with no room to move around? Or are they there simply because there is no cover, and thats the place where the gringos go to for the same reason?

I personally love to see the ladies dancing and moving their bodies, eyeballing those curves as they flaunt what they got. To me, it's all part of the show. I don't want to be denied that pleasure. And with latin music being played, it gets them up and moving, they can't help it! I see them dancing on the sidewalk in front of a colmado because of the bacchatta or merengue music coming out of there.

I don't see a poll yet for who's going to be there in August, but if there are a bunch of us there at that time, maybe 7-10 of us for example, lets all grab a chica from one of the other bars and head for those stairs, providing it's open, and cause everyone to wonder why those guys and chicas are going to Classicos. Curiosity will take over.

Besides, I have a history of clearing the bars and sidewalks out of chicas and following me down the street like a pied piper. At one time, they all thought I was the Devil.

34. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theheights718 View Post
    I've said it once, I'll say it again and again! They are trying to hard to cater to the tourist/urban/ny crowd!!!!!!
    You know it is really OK to just say, "Black guys from New York" these days!
    You seem to harbor a lot of anger, perhaps a sitdown with Willie might fix things at d'Latin Drink?

amigo chalky

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information