Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07/2013 - Dlatin

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

Re: Dlatin

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    I remember how EMPTY the dance floor was at Classicos, and how instantly FULL it was when some Dominican music came on. Its not that long ago now, try to think back.
    Thanks for that sweet flashback Judge ..

I can hear hear the beginning of that song right now and see them swarming from every direction hips swaying the second their first foot made contact with the dance floor.

For me that truly was " the greatest show on Earth " ..
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    What does Willie do? I have heard everything from "He is the Mayor of Sosua" to "He is some sort of mafia". The moto guys have a lot of respect for him. In fact, I have asked a few of them who he was and they wouldn't give an answer, so I guess they fear and respect him. I know he is involved in the DLatin business but what exactly does he do in Sosua?
    I thought he was a rich powerful business man... The mafia does not exist... LoL
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Clearly the chicas learn to enjoy hip hop/pop, but they love their Dominican music, the reactions that I saw two weeks ago in Sosua when Merengue/Bachata as opposed to music in English was night and day. That's also why I figure there are so many Spanish/Dominican music threads for people to download/purchase music to help performance in the room by setting a certain mood

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MegasAv For This Useful Post:

Thanks

After thinking about it further, its obvious that the bars,lounges, and clubs in Sosua are just basically catering to the WW's... Although most of us know that they would still be there with Latin music coming from the speakers, most of these guys will rather hear their favorite rap song... The Rick Ross/lil Wayne type rap is constantly talking about being rich, throwing around money or fast cars and hot women, etc... Most of these WW's can NOT be a big baller at home, and only wish to be buying these fast cars and hot women, etc... So when they are in DR, their favorite "show it all off" type song comes through the speakers, they act like they are the big baller type in a 3rd world country, and by them getting their fat ass women for 100 bucks, (which would cost 4-500 back home), pop their bottles for 100 bucks (which would cost 400 back home),rent their villas for 100-150 bucks a day (which they can't really live in these million dollar homes, back home), rent a truck that they can't afford to buy back home, (I can go on and on)... So for this weekend, they ball out on their level of balling out... They think they are on the monetary level of Ross and Wayne, even for the weekend... Then they go home and back to reality...

If Latin music was all that would come out the speakers, they wouldn't have that chance to be exactly like their rapping counterparts that they look up to... And wouldn't get "hyped up" like they would for one of these songs as much as they are by listening to bachata music...

This may make some people mad, but think about it for a second before coming back at me... If you are mad at this, you are probably that person...

Non-balling Beas... Out!

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    After thinking about it further, its obvious that the bars,lounges, and clubs in Sosua are just basically catering to the WW's... Although most of us know that they would still be there with Latin music coming from the speakers, most of these guys will rather hear their favorite rap song... The Rick Ross/lil Wayne type rap is constantly talking about being rich, throwing around money or fast cars and hot women, etc... Most of these WW's can NOT be a big baller at home, and only wish to be buying these fast cars and hot women, etc... So when they are in DR, their favorite "show it all off" type song comes through the speakers, they act like they are the big baller type in a 3rd world country, and by them getting their fat ass women for 100 bucks, (which would cost 4-500 back home), pop their bottles for 100 bucks (which would cost 400 back home),rent their villas for 100-150 bucks a day (which they can't really live in these million dollar homes, back home), rent a truck that they can't afford to buy back home, (I can go on and on)... So for this weekend, they ball out on their level of balling out... They think they are on the monetary level of Ross and Wayne, even for the weekend... Then they go home and back to reality...
    Isn't that what eveyone comes here for, including you? To live a life you can't live back home even if it is for a week? You are banging beautiful 19 yo girls here. Do you do that at home? Does anyone? No. You come here to do things you can't back in the real world. So do the WW. So does everyone else. What type of alternate reality you choose to live while you are here is just different than the one they choose to live while here.

As long as people aren't being assholes while living out their little dream then I don't give a shit. I do what I want and it doesn't really affect me.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Isn't that what eveyone comes here for, including you? To live a life you can't live back home even if it is for a week? You are banging beautiful 19 yo girls here. Do you do that at home? Does anyone? No. You come here to do things you can't back in the real world. So do the WW. So does everyone else. What type of alternate reality you choose to live while you are here is just different than the one they choose to live while here.

As long as people aren't being assholes while living out their little dream then I don't give a shit. I do what I want and it doesn't really affect me.
    Yes I do enjoy myself while on vacation, and I do fuck women I can't get at home... Maybe my post didn't make as much sense after it came out as it did while I was putting it together lol... I just feel like some guys try to show off a little while there, which there is no reason to... You can be yourself and get the same ass... Most likely for a cheaper price because you re not showing off... There is no reason to be that guy showing that you have more money then the locals.. No reason to pay these girls 100 bucks for 30 minutes of sex... No reason to do a lot of things that are done out there... The original topic was how there are fights in Dlatin and can be dangerous at times... Then we went to the type of music, then now we are talking about showing off and acting a fool, which comes back to fights and dangerous situations... I don't even know what we are really on.. I think I just need a vacation... Maybe I should go online and purchase some Nike Foamposite sneakers for about 200 bucks so the girls like me more when on vacation... Ok back to the original topic, I think some of these songs, get the guys in the mood of showing off, being better then everyone, and if and when they get bumped in the club, act a fool and take it further then it needs to be..

11. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Yes I do enjoy myself while on vacation, and I do fuck women I can't get at home... Maybe my post didn't make as much sense after it came out as it did while I was putting it together lol... I just feel like some guys try to show off a little while there, which there is no reason to... You can be yourself and get the same ass... Most likely for a cheaper price because you re not showing off... There is no reason to be that guy showing that you have more money then the locals.. No reason to pay these girls 100 bucks for 30 minutes of sex... No reason to do a lot of things that are done out there... The original topic was how there are fights in Dlatin and can be dangerous at times... Then we went to the type of music, then now we are talking about showing off and acting a fool, which comes back to fights and dangerous situations... I don't even know what we are really on.. I think I just need a vacation... Maybe I should go online and purchase some Nike Foamposite sneakers for about 200 bucks so the girls like me more when on vacation... Ok back to the original topic, I think some of these songs, get the guys in the mood of showing off, being better then everyone, and if and when they get bumped in the club, act a fool and take it further then it needs to be..
    BB, I think you are way over thinking this. Whether one particular spot has a bad vibe due to mitigating circumstances really wouldn't affect me too much. As one poster mentioned, D' Latins is a nice place to be hanging out, maybe some chicas also hanging out, to chat with and have a drink or two, before the mob all shows up. Then, if you aren't feeling like being part of the mob, you just slip out the back, Jack. I know it ain't my type of scene which is why I asked about whether guys miss the "good old days" when Classicos ruled the roost.

Let the WW's have their fun, the wanna be rappers, the ballers, etc. They won't determine whether I have a good time. They're still plenty of places to go. I have been in enough cowboy shit kicker bars in my time where all the guys, mostly 30's to 50's, are wearing cowboy hats and sipping their Bud Light while thinking they are Toby Keith or Hank Jr. No different from the "urban, youth, Lil Wayne wanna be" crowd. Just coming from a different demographic and perspective.

Just go down there and have yourself a good time and get jiggy wit it! See, I'm a wanna be myself!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Well said Mr. Smooth
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Very informative thread. Thanks OP.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pat809 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

@,Beas where u getting real foamposites online for 200$ ??? they start at 300$- and easiky hit the 500$+ mark
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    @,Beas where u getting real foamposites online for 200$ ??? they start at 300$- and easiky hit the 500$+ mark
    $500?

sucker
    born
    every
    minute.

they're fucking sneakers.

and they're fucking ugly sneakers at that.

marketing WIN!

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    MSRP depending on the model is 200 or 225. When you start seeing them for 300-500 and beyond that's the resell price.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bosshogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Status in the DR comes from not being born on the island and being able to freely spend money... With that status, people are allowed some asshole leeway...as long as the dollars are flowing a bit...

Regarding shoes, most kids just want sneakers/gym shoes...almost any kind or style would do...

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwill83 View Post
    MSRP depending on the model is 200 or 225. When you start seeing them for 300-500 and beyond that's the resell price.
    $225 dollars for sneakers Really? Anyone that can spend $225 for a damn pair of sneakers should be sponsoring a few poor children either in the USA or somewhere in the world. Maybe it is just me but $100 blue jeans, $225 sneakers and $300 purses ect. is just throwing money away. If I had a few million dollars at my disposal I would never spend that kind of money for things like that. I would feel like a complete idiot that just got fleeced.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Status in the DR comes from not being born on the island and being able to freely spend money... With that status, people are allowed some asshole leeway...as long as the dollars are flowing a bit...

Regarding shoes, most kids just want sneakers/gym shoes...almost any kind or style would do...
    Let me amend my statement here. If a person spends money foolishly here, then the person is considered a fool. Money and manhood is tied together a bit... No chica respects a guy throwing away his money and not getting something of reasonable value back for it....even if you spend a lot of money on the chica...but then again no chica is going to refuse and she surely will ask for more... Chicas play those guys for sport...and they are good at it...

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    $225 dollars for sneakers Really? Anyone that can spend $225 for a damn pair of sneakers should be sponsoring a few poor children either in the USA or somewhere in the world. Maybe it is just me but $100 blue jeans, $225 sneakers and $300 purses ect. is just throwing money away. If I had a few million dollars at my disposal I would never spend that kind of money for things like that. I would feel like a complete idiot that just got fleeced.
    But to top it off, you got to go out on the DANCEFLOOR by YOURSELF, or with another dude and his $300 sneakers ... to show them off properly..

ok, let me stop, before im called a Hata again..

LOL

just for the record, i only find it only amuzing, a person can spend their hard earned money on whatever makes them feel good, some like clothes and stuff, others fancy phones. whatever floats your boat, i dont think its stupid.. but it it amusing..
    equally funny to me are the HUGE watches the Dominican dudes wear..those things must weigh like a LB. and the funniest is on an STI flight all the young bucks checking out each others watches.. LOL

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    But to top it off, you got to go out on the DANCEFLOOR by YOURSELF, or with another dude and his $300 sneakers ... to show them off properly..
    ok, let me stop, before im called a Hata again..
    LOL
    just for the record, i only find it only amuzing, a person can spend their hard earned money on whatever makes them feel good, some like clothes and stuff, others fancy phones. whatever floats your boat, i dont think its stupid.. but it it amusing..
    equally funny to me are the HUGE watches the Dominican dudes wear..those things must weigh like a LB. and the funniest is on an STI flight all the young bucks checking out each others watches.. LOL

I was in the shoe business for years. Specifically Brooks running shoes when they were at their prime (mid seventies) and Timberland from 1986 to 1991.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the value of the material content in a pair of sneakers rarely exceeds 5 dollars, and a pair of boots, 15 dollars. Of course, there's a few dollars labor and overhead, but the most money from shoe sales is spent on "HYPE"

When I worked for Brooks, we simultaneously made shoes for 5 other brands. The only difference between the five was the identifying stripe, swatch, or whatever you want to call it, and the sole of the shoe. Many even used the same cutting dies to cut the raw materials.

That "stripe" or whatever that went on the side, made the difference between a 30 dollar and a 150 dollar pair of shoes. Talk about absurd.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    $500?

sucker
    born
    every
    minute.

they're fucking sneakers.

and they're fucking ugly sneakers at that.

marketing WIN!
    Worst yet, they have fools waiting on line early Saturday morning. Atleast every other Saturday I see that dumb shit. Most are sneakers that came out in the 90s and they arw reintroducing them. Jordan and Nike are getting paid.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I was in the shoe business for years. Specifically Brooks running shoes when they were at their prime (mid seventies) and Timberland from 1986 to 1991.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the value of the material content in a pair of sneakers rarely exceeds 5 dollars, and a pair of boots, 15 dollars. Of course, there's a few dollars labor and overhead, but the most money from shoe sales is spent on "HYPE"

When I worked for Brooks, we simultaneously made shoes for 5 other brands. The only difference between the five was the identifying stripe, swatch, or whatever you want to call it, and the sole of the shoe. Many even used the same cutting dies to cut the raw materials.

That "stripe" or whatever that went on the side, made the difference between a 30 dollar and a 150 dollar pair of shoes. Talk about absurd.
    I use to wear my Starbury sneakers with pride to DR and other place. I still have a few pairs left. Fifteen dollars for a pair.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

I just recently rediscovered Converse. Pretty cool and perfect for summer. They were the first shoe I craved for as a kid. A pair cost $12.95 back in 1966. You can't believe how far that was out of my budget. After 47 years the style is still a classic. That's called longevity. By the way, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of foamposites. They just aren't shoes anyone over 22 should wear.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information