Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega el Fuerte in Sosua july 5th

Thanks

Thumbs Down Re: Omega el Fuerte in Sosua july 5th

Quote Originally Posted by vegasvic7 View Post
    man that shit was horrible last night!!
    first off they were charging 1,000 pesos to get in. then i felt like i was in miami, l.a. or some shit. they were cherry picking who could get in the club. u had to know somebody to get in. i saw some locals getting pissed off and had to push they way through to get in. once i got in they were charging in dollars. i couldnt believe that shit!! i tried to pay in pesos and they told me that i had to pay in dollars. fuck outta here this is the dr not the fucking states. the nerves of them fucks!! then the dumb asses were dancing on tables and shit. there was not one player from the miami heat in there and i really doubt lebron is the d.r.
    all the dudes came with bitches from the states with them . nobody left with the hoes.
    the whole event was real disrespectful.
    i hope they dont do this shit every year. fuck that wack ass gay ass party!!
    Well, since I was there w/ vegasvic7 I feel compelled to continue the conversation on how godawful last night's event was.

First problem: Fucking ridiculous 1000 peso cover. That party was not even remotely worthy of 1000 pesos. And it didn't even make sense.
    Your having Omega- a Dominican favorite- perform at an event w/ nothing but a bunch of noobie weekend warriors that the promoters imported from Miami. Having Omega perform should attract a large Dominican crowd. But the 1000 pesos cover was a HUGE turnoff to Dominicans. Right off the bat, the promoters made a dickheaded decision.

Second problem: Not only did you have to pay 1000 pesos, you had to wait fucking forever to get through the goddamn door.
    There were basically three ways to get in that motherfucker:

A) Know somebody

B) Pay the security guard a couple hundred pesos

C) Get lucky

So before you even pay the 1000 pesos, you were on the line for what felt like an eternity. Fuck that.

Third problem: Drink prices. As soon as I got upstairs, I went to the bar to get a drink. They show me a menu of the drinks. I really didn't even read it (I should have). I skimmed it and ordered a cuba libre. I get the drink and the bill is 8 FUCKING DOLLARS. 8 dollars for a watered-down cuba libre in a plastic cup. To make matters worse, they didn't want to accept my pesos- they only wanted DOLLARS. In the Dominican Goddam Republic. I forced the bitch bartender to accept the pesos I had. And when she brought me back my change, she demanded her "propina". Ended giving the bitch $100 pesos. So with the the propina included, I ended up paying 11 dollars for a watered-down cuba libre in a plastic cup. Fuck outta here.

Fourth problem: Omega. I like Omega. But as to why the promoters had Omega there, I don't even know. There wasn't a huge Dominican turnout. Because the security guards were cherry-picking who got in, and that ridiculous 1000 pesos cover, not many Dominicans got upstairs. The people in the party were mostly Americans from Miami that the promoters brought in. Probably more American bitches than Dominican hoes. Obviously, by charging 1000 pesos, they were sending a clear message to Dominicans: this party ain't for you. So
    why the fuck was Omega- a Dominican favorite- performing for a bunch of people who don't who he is??

Are the promoters mentally retarded???

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Re: Omega el Fuerte in Sosua july 5th

did they let the chicas in free?
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Wow just wow

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://instagram.com/p/baazZOLZQN/ HU shed a tear after seeing this

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://instagram.com/p/bZiFMNDfJ0/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdill View Post
    Well, since I was there w/ vegasvic7 I feel compelled to continue the conversation on how godawful last night's event was.

So why the fuck was Omega- a Dominican favorite- performing for a bunch of people who don't who he is??

I warned you.... (post 7)
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/baazZOLZQN/ HU shed a tear after seeing this
    Men dancing on Classico's bars?!?!

Yeah. I'm crying with you.

I've been to plenty of local concerts in clubs in Santiago where the the door fee was 500RD. And that was for Julian and Tulilie (two of the biggest names in Tipico Merenque). The locals don't like to pay much more for that. And I refuse to.

This is sad.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Looks like the cancun/Miami crowd has invaded Sosua

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

i feel sorry for the guys on the ground in sosua...
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lebron is not in sousa. A man of that type of wealth can get better hoes in miami that speak english. Rumor that's it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

The basketball player everyone keeps alluding to in this thread (Javele Mcgee) is known as the resident clown in the NBA. Very athletic for his size but no skills apart from shot-blocking and dumb as a rock in general. ZERO basketball I.Q. Makes at least one play per game (usually two) where everyone wonders if he's mentally retarded or not. He was a back-up for Denver all last year (despite that huge contract) and the guy starting in front of him was a stiff (Kostas Koufos) so that tells you something. When asked about it, Denver's coach said something like "lazy and crazy doesn't work in the NBA). God bless those guaranteed contracts.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

First problem: Fucking ridiculous 1000 peso cover. That party was not even remotely worthy of 1000 pesos. And it didn't even make sense.
    Your having Omega- a Dominican favorite- perform at an event w/ nothing but a bunch of noobie weekend warriors that the promoters imported from Miami. Having Omega perform should attract a large Dominican crowd. But the 1000 pesos cover was a HUGE turnoff to Dominicans. Right off the bat, the promoters made a dickheaded decision.

Second problem: Not only did you have to pay 1000 pesos, you had to wait fucking forever to get through the goddamn door.

A) Know somebody

C) Get lucky

So before you even pay the 1000 pesos, you were on the line for what felt like an eternity. Fuck that.

Third problem: Drink prices. As soon as I got upstairs, I went to the bar to get a drink. They show me a menu of the drinks. I really didn't even read it (I should have). I skimmed it and ordered a cuba libre. I get the drink and the bill is 8 FUCKING DOLLARS. 8 dollars for a watered-down cuba libre in a plastic cup. To make matters worse, they didn't want to accept my pesos- they only wanted DOLLARS. In the Dominican Goddam Republic. I forced the bitch bartender to accept the pesos I had. And when she brought me back my change, she demanded her "propina". Ended giving the bitch $100 pesos. So with the the propina included, I ended up paying 11 dollars for a watered-down cuba libre in a plastic cup. Fuck outta here.

Fourth problem: Omega. I like Omega. But as to why the promoters had Omega there, I don't even know. There wasn't a huge Dominican turnout. Because the security guards were cherry-picking who got in, and that ridiculous 1000 pesos cover, not many Dominicans got upstairs. The people in the party were mostly Americans from Miami that the promoters brought in. Probably more American bitches than Dominican hoes. Obviously, by charging 1000 pesos, they were sending a clear message to Dominicans: this party ain't for you. So
    why the fuck was Omega- a Dominican favorite- performing for a bunch of people who don't who he is??

Omega got paid.

The promoter got his cut.

The club made money thanx to the ridiculous entry fee and drink prices.

No Dom tigres to worry about tearing the club up ... just some happy-to-be-there Gringos all too happy to pay those prices who spent the evening hopping around feelin' themselves cuz they basically had the club to themselves. What's $25 to them to have a whole club to yourself with the "bonus" of later having Omega come out (whether they knew him or not they go home and have a story to tell).

So were the ppl who put it together "mentally retarded" or "crazy like a fox"?

I think the latter.

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    Omega got paid.

No Dom tigres to worry about tearing the club up ... just some happy-to-be-there Gringos all too happy to pay those prices who spent the evening hopping around feelin' themselves cuz they basically had the club to themselves. What's $25 to them to have a whole club to yourself with the "bonus" of later having Omega come out (whether they knew him or not they go home and have a story to tell).

I think the latter.
    Here is a little more to add to your thesis the gringos, that were part of the Beachfest didn't have to pay it was apart of their package per the website. Sounds those who were not part of the package had to pay.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Here is a little more to add to your thesis the gringos, that were part of the Beachfest didn't have to pay it was apart of their package per the website. Sounds those who were not part of the package had to pay.
    how much was the package price though. Personally I think they paid a shitload of money to travel on Spirit and stay at the Sosua Bay (Topacio Azul) hotel. <snicker>

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

A) Know somebody

C) Get lucky

I had more fun at the new Dominican Tipico down the street just past Passions.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    how much was the package price though. Personally I think they paid a shitload of money to travel on Spirit and stay at the Sosua Bay (Topacio Azul) hotel. <snicker>
    http://7dias7noches.net/dr/event/195...mega-El-Fuerte

The contact information is on top, perhaps you can get an early 2014 "Group Rate" by booking a year in advance!

What ever happened to the days of cheap car wash tipico shows?
    I saw Frank Reyes for RD200 many years ago @ the defunct car wash in Sosua.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I had more fun at the new Dominican Tipico down the street just past Passions.
    I passed by there on the way home last night and almost stopped in. First time I had seen a crowd and party there.
    Enjoy it while you can.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    Omega got paid.

I think the latter.
    How do you know it was a profitable venture?

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information