Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder at Hotel Roma II

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Murder at Hotel Roma II

I was told by a friend from NY that a week ago a Frenchman was killed in his room at hotel Roma II. I was going to post this yesterday, but I wanted to find out more first.

Today I went to get my haircut and stopped by Pasta Y Pasta on El Conde. They asked when TonyTNT40 was coming back, well I told them of his passing and the owner who is French was very sad. We had been going to their spot for a couple of years even when they owned, Three Musketeers farther down on the Conde next to Segafrados.

Next he asked, "You guys stayed at hotel Roma II." I said yes, many times. He then showed me a pictures of his friend, that would frequent his restaurant, and confirmed that he was killed in his hotel room.

I haven't read about this in the papers, so If you planned on staying in hotel Roma I or II, I just wanted to pass this along.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Re: Murder at Hotel Roma II

I never likes the quality of the rooms there, a lot of the AC units are in need of a upgrade, i have seen them spray the rooms for i assume roaches or worse bed bugs, and the WiFi/TV loose there network connectivity. Honestly the one reason to go is the location.

with the murder its time to choose another spot, i believe in karma
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    I never likes the quality of the rooms there, a lot of the AC units are in need of a upgrade, i have seen them spray the rooms for i assume roaches or worse bed bugs, and the WiFi/TV loose there network connectivity. Honestly the one reason to go is the location.

I was told the owner cleaned house. I will go by and check to see if he has the same workers. You know, somebody who works there knows the murders.

The cleanliest of the hotel had gone down and yes the WIFi became very spotty, They use WIND, which I heard sucks.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 251 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened at Hotel Roma II. I love this hotel primarily for its location. I never had a problem with roaches however it's been over a year since I last stayed there so I don't know the current state of the rooms. What would be another option in terms on price, location to the conde?

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Crytonb99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 251 Posts

Anyone ever stayed here? Probably another option.

Sanchez Santo Domingo

stay@sanchezsantodomingo.com
    www.SanchezSantoDomingo.com

Tel: 809 437 9509
    Addr: Calle Sanchez 260, Zona Colonial, Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana

I don't think they are the sort of hotel that allows frequent guests to your room. DMV if you don't mind can you stop by and check it out?

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Crytonb99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crytonb99 View Post

Sanchez Santo Domingo

I don't think they are the sort of hotel that allows frequent guests to your room. DMV if you don't mind can you stop by and check it out?
    Not a problem, will do, about to head to meet a Tagged chica now.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

i don't as i would be on my 12th wife by now if i did
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crytonb99 View Post
    Sanchez Santo Domingo

On Calle Sanchez about 2 blocks south of el conde, villa colonial hotel. No sign outside the time I visited. Very pretty inside with a small in-ground pool. I have not stayed there. Rates around $65US when I visited over a year ago.

http://www.villacolonial.net/
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

We always stayed at Roma 2, never had a problem, with the exception of all the gay guys running around the hotel. But they never bothered anyone if you were not part of their crew.

I wonder if the French guy was killed by one of the Dominican guys that they always bring back to the rooms.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    We always stayed at Roma 2, never had a problem, with the exception of all the gay guys running around the hotel. But they never bothered anyone if you were not part of their crew.

I wonder if the French guy was killed by one of the Dominican guys that they always bring back to the rooms.
    ESDEKU house looks OK. Owned and operated by a gay guy (his bar was across the street from the p4p venue cafe cita bar on calle mercedes, near the playboy bar which was also on Calle Mercedes, both those p4p venues I believe are now closed).

You know they won't be trying to hit on any women you bring back to the apartment, lol.

ESDEKU (from the airport code SDQ), used to have a webpage. Some of the apartments have nice balconies. It is across the street from El Beaterio Hotel, http://www.elbeaterio.com/ (former monastery, 500 year old building). On Calle Duarte (same as the Hotel Palacio, about two blocks south of the Hotel Palacio, near a park and churches).

Photo from airbnb, $45US per night; https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1256675

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

near ESDEKU house

At the start of calle duarte there is a park. Next door to El Beaterio Hotel is another small hotel. Hotel Doña Elvira is not far from that location, has a swimming pool, http://www.dona-elvira.com/. Edificio Read vacation apartment rentals also on Calle Duarte just north of the ESDEKU house (closer to El Conde). Probably a parking garage on Calle Duarte as well, just south of el conde. The Department store California offers free parking, elevated, on calle duarte. Banco Popular teller window and ATM machine inside the California store at Calle Duarte and El Conde.

Also a photo from the park around the Faro de Colon (Columbus Lighthouse).

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hotel Doña Elvira apartment

Hotel Doña Elvira also offers a two bedroom apartment rental close to their hotel, price around $84 per night, split with a wingman, less the $50US each and maybe use of the pool at the Doña Elvira. Doña Elvira is on a nice street in Zona Colonial, not too far from the action.
    Furnished Apartment
    "Two bedroom, fully furnished apartment with equipped kitchen, bathroom, living room, balcony. 24 hour electricity, hot water and AC. 100 yards from Hotel Dona Elvira. Includes maid service. " http://www.dona-elvira.com/accommodations.php

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

O'Brien's Irish Pub

O'Brien's Irish Pub, Calle Hostos 151, Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, photo from bufeo.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Anyone know this guy? .. It say's he was from Sosua.

From Dominican Watch Dog.

Italian man beaten to death with iron pipe in Dominican Republic An Italian man living in the Dominican Republic for a long time was beaten to death by a Dominican man with an iron pipe. The crime happened in the municipality of Gaspar Hernández on the north coast of the country. Bloodied body of 67 year old Francesco Ceron, resident of Sosua was found inside a Suzuki SUV parked on Avenida Duarte in front of the municipal office.

Shortly after the discovery of the body, police got a phone call that a man wearing a bloodied t-shirt stopped in a nearby shop to buy a new t-shirt. They got their murder suspect rather quickly and arrested him immediately. But not before he bought himself a green shirt. He was identified as 30 year old Juan Velásquez, a resident of Sabana de la Mar. The guy had reportedly ran out of gas before reaching intended destination where he wanted to dump the body.

The investigation is ongoing, but apparently the victim had married a woman shortly before his death without telling anyone from his family or friends about it. 36 year old Carmen Christina Sanchez secured herself with an alibi by being in Santo Domingo at the time of his death, but locally everyone appears to know that she had her hands in it. The victim may have been blackmailed and likely knew he got himself in some deep shit that would cost him his life. The last entry in his diary talked about impeding death and said: “I fell into a trap“.

Aside from having been beaten with the iron pipe, Francesco Ceron was also tortured, cut with a knife and strangled with an electric wire. You can see the wire still tightly around his neck in the photos. His widow reportedly told Francesco’s children that she would give them the corpse for proper burial in Italy if they paid her 49,000 Pesos (about EUR 900).

So much for a popular travel destination…, see all the horrible pictures of the killed Francesco here and read original article in Spanish here and see more local press photos here
    To protect the tourist industry and hide the truth, this murder was not reported by mainstream media in the DR! Less that 50% of tourist murders are reported, think about that.....

SEE MANY OF THE MURDERS HERE! WARNING! Too many tourists & foreign investors are killed in Dominican Republic - Body Count: 27, Who is next?
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

28. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Anyone know this guy?
    Love, sex, greed, envy, money.

People all over the World sometimes do stupid horrible stuff.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New York City

"During the golden age of tabloid photography--from the 1920s to the 1950s--photojournalists created some of the most innovate and enduring images in the history of photography. Photos of crimes and criminals, more than any other subject, captured the public imagination. Here for the first time is a selection of the most outstanding crime photographs from the archive of America's premier tabloid newspaper, the New York Daily News;" http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Noir-.../dp/0847821722

"Weegee: Murder Is My Business, May 18–September 2, 2012. This exhibition affirms that Weegee brought to street photography a new, often shocking vitality. The combination of grit, humanity, intensity, merciless opportunism and spatial precariousness...regularly resulted in pictures that you can’t stop looking at...and don't soon forget The New York Times;" http://www.icp.org/museum/exhibition...er-my-business

"Never-before-seen photos from 100 years ago tell vivid story of gritty New York City;" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...York-City.html

Currently, shows involving crime scene investigations seem to be popular (ie "Dexter" and others). I like "Sherlock" which is available for free on Amazon Prime, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018ttws good shots of modern day London, England.
    Last edited by Jao; 07-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Anyone know this guy? .. It say's he was from Sosua.

Italian man beaten to death with iron pipe in Dominican RepublicClick to see pic An Italian man living in the Dominican Republic for a long time was beaten to death by a Dominican man with an iron pipe. The crime happened in the municipality of Gaspar Hernández on the north coast of the country. Bloodied body of 67 year old Francesco Ceron, resident of Sosua was found inside a Suzuki SUV parked on Avenida Duarte in front of the municipal office.

Shortly after the discovery of the body, police got a phone call that a man wearing a bloodied t-shirt stopped in a nearby shop to buy a new t-shirt. They got their murder suspect rather quickly and arrested him immediately. But not before he bought himself a green shirt. He was identified as 30 year old Juan Velásquez, a resident of Sabana de la Mar. The guy had reportedly ran out of gas before reaching intended destination where he wanted to dump the body.

The investigation is ongoing, but apparently the victim had married a woman shortly before his death without telling anyone from his family or friends about it. 36 year old Carmen Christina Sanchez secured herself with an alibi by being in Santo Domingo at the time of his death, but locally everyone appears to know that she had her hands in it. The victim may have been blackmailed and likely knew he got himself in some deep shit that would cost him his life. The last entry in his diary talked about impeding death and said: “I fell into a trap“.

Aside from having been beaten with the iron pipe, Francesco Ceron was also tortured, cut with a knife and strangled with an electric wire. You can see the wire still tightly around his neck in the photos. His widow reportedly told Francesco’s children that she would give them the corpse for proper burial in Italy if they paid her 49,000 Pesos (about EUR 900).

So much for a popular travel destination…, see all the horrible pictures of the killed Francesco here and read original article in Spanish here and see more local press photos here
    To protect the tourist industry and hide the truth, this murder was not reported by mainstream media in the DR! Less that 50% of tourist murders are reported, think about that.....

SEE MANY OF THE MURDERS HERE! WARNING! Too many tourists & foreign investors are killed in Dominican Republic - Body Count: 27, Who is next?

That's actually old news. There's been two or three more since then.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    That's actually old news. There's been two or three more since then.
    In Sosua ??? The story has a date of May 15, 2013

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

In Sosua ??? The story has a date of May 15, 2013
    Yep, North Coast.

There was the Russian guy that got shot twice on July 3.
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....rlos-en-mulata

The Swiss guy beat to death on June 2
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....e-ver-imagenes

and the guy in La Roma...
    Last edited by MrHappy; 07-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Yep, North Coast.

There was the Russian guy that got shot twice on July 3.
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....rlos-en-mulata

The Swiss guy beat to death on June 2
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....e-ver-imagenes

and another I don't remember at the moment.
    WOW ! ... That's 3 in less than 2 months ... For a small beach town its doin a hell of a job keeping the local coroner busy.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information